PDA

View Full Version : water pump pulley spacer

my87accordlxi
11-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Ever since I replaced the alternator/water pump belt when I did my timing belt change I have had belt squeel on startup. I tightened it from the alternator adjustment but not much difference. After looking at the pulleys to make sure that they were square, it seems like the water pump pulley is more recessed than the other pulleys. Is the spacer on the water pump supposed to go on the ouside of the pulley or the inside?

my87accordlxi
11-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Also, the hollow side goes towards the engine right?

2drSE-i
11-13-2010, 03:56 PM
I think your imagining things. I too just did a timing belt job. The bolt flange on the pump pulley goes on the outside, and the hollow side goes on the inside. If it were more recessed the belt would've broken or at least be wearing on the outside. As for squealing, check your ac belt. I tensioned mine all up, tightened the bolts, and got squeal. Turns out, my ac belt had loosened up

my87accordlxi
11-15-2010, 05:11 AM
Wow! I wasn't imagining things about the pulleys not being square lol but it wasn't the pulleys. Upon further inspection the lower alternator throughbolt was gone... missing... idk why. Aye aye aye :bandit:

2drSE-i
11-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Oops, wonder how that happened