PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Gen Car Culture

phrenology
11-17-2010, 08:04 AM
Having been a member for quite a few years on this forum, I have spent quite a bit of time on here researching and reading comments, for better or for worse :lol:.

Having to fulfill a cultural presentation requirement for one of my courses, I decided to center my short piece around 3rd Gen Car Culture and tie it into the whole cyber communities thing. I am just trying to get some ideas about how people interact. If you do not want me to use your comments in my research, then please do not reply. Also you can add your own take on the whole forum interaction or car/tuner/enthusiast culture in general.

Feel free to answer any or all of the following questions:

Did you own your Accord first then join 3geez, or visa versa?

What about owning a 3G Accord (or having owned one) is special compared to other cars you have owned, even other Hondas?

What does being a member of 3Geez.com mean to you?

Have you participated in any meet ups or 3G events, if so what was your experience like?

If you have met other members, how did that experience differ from your online interactions with those members?

For members who no longer own a 3G or are in the process of getting rid of your 3G, why do you still remain on this forum, and post to the board?

Thanks Geez.

Pico
11-17-2010, 08:24 AM
I purchased my accord first before even joining the forum, didnt even know anything about 3geez or what 3rd gen meant till a friend told me about it.

What about owning a 3G Accord (or having owned one) is special compared to other cars you have owned, even other Hondas?
I've owned all kinds of cars 64 Dart to a Ford escape before owning a Accord it's a great car IMO.

The forum has been great and I've gotten to meet alot of people in person and online and have made tons friends on here.
I've learned a ton of information from just locating a fuse to doing major work on my car.
I think without this forum or it's members, I would of givin up on the car and purchased something newer

Have you participated in any meet ups or 3G events, if so what was your experience like?
Several Meets, even a meet between the No.Cal and So.Cal Members.
3G meets AWESOME!!!

If you have met other members, how did that experience differ from your online interactions with those members?
The guys that I have met online and in person are real people no attitudes and great to hang with.

87accordlxi
11-17-2010, 09:27 AM

A. I was driving my Accord before joining 3geez.

A. The car was far ahead of its time. It was 10-15 years old while I drove it, and it felt just as solid as any new compact car.

A. I love being part of a close-knit community of like minded people. Regardless of whether or not I own a 3rd gen (or 1st or 2nd), I stay here for the community.

A. Yes, I have met up a couple times with members. Both great experiences meeting awesome people.

A. Honestly, they didn't differ at all. Goes to show how genuine everyone is here.

For members who no longer own a 3G or are in the process of getting rid of your 3G, why do you still remain on this forum, and post to the board?

A. Like I said, I love the community and being a part of it. I've been here 10 years - it's ingrained in my life now.

Anything else you need, let me know!

2oodoor
11-17-2010, 10:39 AM
I owned it first

Something about the way it is made gives me a dejavous feeling, hard to describe. I like older cars and this one ,like others have said ,was way ahead of it's time. As well, this community has promoted these cars so as to give them a personality much like the vw bugs of the 70's era... everything from being the underdog that unsuspectingly outperforms a lot of other cars when modified even conservativley to having a unique look that responds to upgrades tremendously.

I enjoy helping people with their problems, not just automotive either. Other members here have helped me in the same regard.

Yes, very nice interactions...

Not much different than online, once we start talking it is easy to tell your dealing with the same character you enjoy posting with & visa versa.

Ive considered selling off mine only because I would like to downsize the fleet lol, but I would still hang around because I enjoy many of the threads and topics. This is a great community and amazing at times.

markmdz89hatch
11-17-2010, 10:48 AM
I owned my car first, then found 3geez (EZ Board) while in search for support for my car.

I'm not sure that it's exclusive to 3rd Gen Accords, but this community and the huge variety of owners and personalizations (mods) each person has done to their car is what keeps me here. That and the fact that my 3rd gen holds a sentimental value I cannot place on any other vehicle I have owned or currently own. The car is very fun to drive too, and a very unique (imho) design.

I'm part of a great community, be-it online or otherwise, as a whole, this is a great group of guys (and some girls). I've made some long-lasting friendships through this forum, which I value greatly.

Yes. I've organized multiple events as well as participated in numerous others. The experience is always different from one event to the next, however, no matter what, we're able to put faces to the names, swap stories (some far fetched) and just talk shop about our cars and anything else that happens to come up.

As in any online scenario; When meeting someone in person there's always some disparity between the person you're expecting to meet, and the person you do meet, but (imo) one value that does come across either online or in person is someone's sincerity and quite a bit of their personality. Those are not usually much of a surprise.

Despite still owning (one of) mine, it is no longer part of my daily life. Instead it sits under covers in my garage patiently waiting for one of those rare days when I lift the covers and start tinkering just a little more. I keep the car, and choose to remain part of this forum because of my sentimental ties to them (both the forum and the car). This is a great community, of which I've been a part for over 10 years now, and have every intention of remaining a part of (in one capacity or another).

Dr_Snooz
11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
I found the forum while trying to figure out a warm start problem (main relay). I was impressed with the depth of knowledge on the board. There are some uber-gearheads here who know everything about everything. There are professional mechanics, machinists and chemical engineers here. There are guys who have done amazing things to their cars and guys who know every inch of these cars. I was also impressed by the laid back vibe of the forum. Everyone was so respectful. There are a lot of forums out there with members who are way too cool to answer your questions because they have a carbon fiber whatever on their car. Here the guys don't need the attitude because they have skillz.

I found the board after I dug my 3g out of a shed where it had been left for dead. I was impressed that the car started on the first crank after sitting abandoned for months. I was more impressed that it drove so well. These old Hondas are a unique mix of handling, economy, durability and beauty that only lasted for a short time in the '80s or so. Very few production cars are like them now.

Hope that helps.

kentwat
11-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Did you own your Accord first then join 3geez, or visa versa? Owned first.

What about owning a 3G Accord (or having owned one) is special compared to other cars you have owned, even other Hondas? It handles quite well and with the 5speed is fun transportation. It also pulls down 30mpg.

It has helped me gain knowledge regarding my vehicle. Excellent support by members.
No
If you have met other members, how did that experience differ from your online interactions with those members? No

I still own it. I bought it with 255k and now it has 293k and no check engine light. It is my faithful daily driver. Thanks 3Geez.com

phrenology
11-17-2010, 12:17 PM
Thank you so much for your replies. It makes me proud that I'm a member of such a great online community. Its clear that everyone here has a passion for keeping 3Gs rolling well into the 21st century. Anyone else who has something to add, please do. All comments are welcome, even if you don't want to directly answer the questions I came up with.

I plan to use some of your quotes, or paraphrase things to provide proof of culture and community within 3Geez. When I have a finished project I will be happy to post my final report for you all to read.

Xaisk
11-17-2010, 12:29 PM
I had my Accord before I joined 3geez. Its been in our family since it was born. (88) I was working on getting it running again and stumbled upon 3Geez.

Definatly special. Grew up in that car, was born and first car I ever rode in. Tons of roadtrips from when I was little. I have so many memorys.

I represent 3Geez! Im a huge fan of the 3rd gen Accords and proud to be an owner of one.

Havent been to a meet before.. want to!

Ive met one person on 3Geez then IRL. He's chill, but ive only hung out once.

Edison Carasio
11-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Owned my Accord first.

For me it was the car I used to learn to drive a stick on my own. It was a car that had so much potential and was far advanced when compared to more popular cars.

Means being a part of a community that thinks outside the box.

No.

It's a car that still holds a spot for me because of it's potential that is there, and the community that decides to tune and drive and love this car. They are a community that strays from the norm (for better or worse) and I appreciate that.

bryan6732
11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
I became member of 3geez when I was looking to buy my first car, an Accord. After a year I sold it, but two years later (that's half a year ago right now) I bought my second Accord. So actually both of the options are correct in my case. ;)

Smooth driving with great comfort, technology and a nice amount of power.

1: Knowledge about my car, since there's always someone willing to help you!
2: Just a chat about something unimportant, following a discussion or checking pictures of others' cars...

Nope, not yet. Hopefully next summer!

So phrenology, I'm curious about what you would fill in! ;)

Mellexx
11-17-2010, 02:40 PM
I still don't own a 3gee due to a lot of unfortunate circumstances but I will be looking to pick one up after I get my Daily sometime in the near future

Being part of a community of people who have a love for old Hondas and a different level of respect than many other forums out there.

There hasn't been any meet ups or events in the northeast since I've been here but once I get my Daily (which of course will be a Honda product) or my 3gee I'd definitely be more than happy to organize one

Xybris
11-17-2010, 04:42 PM

I had the Accord for about six months before I found 3Gees. Google turned up some threads when I was looking for some quick fix solutions.

I always said "I ain't buying no ricer-ass Hondas, ever. Buncha kids cars..." and then somehow I ended up with the 3Gee. It was only supposed to be "temporary" but once I realized it was completely paid for and had nothing wrong with it I decided to keep it for the long term.

Means I have somewhere to go when I need car help or to rant. Also I can have a window sticker that means more than "shocker".

Yep. Portland and Seattle. Total awesomeness.

It was pretty normal. We showed off respective 3Gees and that was about it.

I'm still here cuz' I want to get someone from back home and from 3Geez to buy it.

lostforawhile
11-17-2010, 04:54 PM

Did you own your Accord first then join 3geez, or visa versa? I owned the car first before I joined

I've been into Honda's since the 70's, and this is my favoite so far, it just seems to be so much better built then the civics I owned before

It's a lifestyle, my entire house is full of exta parts and of the one I'm putting back together right now
out in the garage at 3 AM and 42 degees, working in a space as narrow as a closet
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/S4021831.jpg

I was crazy enough to drive this car from Moultrie to near Orlando, part of the time through a rainstorm like a gale, to meet up with other members in a parking lot that was probably over 100 degrees
If you have met other members, how did that experience differ from your online interactions with those members? Same people just meeting in person, cool people

Thanks Geez.

gp02a0083
11-17-2010, 05:05 PM

I found out about this site not to long after i bought my 89 lxi hatchback. I was really looking for a similar forum for the car that was like the Oldsmobile one im on.

What about owning a 3G Accord (or having owned one) is special compared to other cars you have owned, even other Honda's?

The accord was very different for me, being I only drove American cars prior. I have only owned hatchbacks and i like the unique design with sharp body lines. I find that there is a unique level of sophistication that i have only found with the 3rd gen accord.

I means a lot, being that this a a small specific group of car enthusiasts, i feel like i can have a bigger impact on our small community. Compared to other forum's that im on, 3geez is by far the most laid back and respectable group i have yet to meet.

I have only been to a few meets, all of which i had a great time. I experienced the so called "typical" north east meet lol.

only in one case did my experience differ. Otherwise i would have to say that after meeting a few members here , that i was not too surprised. Everyone here that ive met i would say are very respectful, yet laid back.

i will remain on the forum long after my 3rd gen leaves me. I don't think that will happen anytime soon tho, being Ive recently bought another hatchback

1ajs
11-17-2010, 06:04 PM

Thanks Geez.

never owned a 3gee my self my parents have owned it since it was new just grew up with it.

aww again i grew up with this car so it has that sentimental value to me and when i joined i was looking for info on smokeing issues and the head and found this site and never realy left.

3geez meet up aww yes sir i partook in the crazyest gehtoest 3geez meet evA!!! in 2008 i spent my own money to go to nz to chill with 2 other forumers and mess with the jdm 3geez they have there aww good times :tongue:

lets see i set fire to my self. we gehtoized a b20 har har har drove across nz with cah paaats on tha roof we pulled motors we swaped parts u name it we prolly did it
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/4435/b20mege9.jpg

http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/8735/drexs5.jpg

the utra rare balla prolly the only one i will ever get to see
http://img528.imageshack.us/img528/4228/balladehz5.jpg

meeting peeps in person vs online hmm i got to make some friends outa them even if their 10,000 miles away and will one day make my way back to visit perhaps next yr if i get my finaces better sorted but will see and when i first met mat man was i in a shocker... anyone who meets him would be :lol:

wh1skea
11-18-2010, 05:31 AM
I owned my Accord first

It was my first Honda (typically a Nissan/Datsun guy) and rekindled my interest in the Accord in general (I wanted an Accord after "The Fast and The Furious" came out, Civics are too small for me).

Being a member of 3Geez.com is like being in a family. Sure, there's arguing and poking fun at each other, but when it counts, we all seem to be there from each other.

I haven't, but am really wanting to

itzdave
11-18-2010, 08:20 AM
i owned my 1987 4dr shortly before finding this site, while 'googling' how to fix an electrical problem. i stayed with 3geez because of all of the usefull knowlege and the great community of individuals.

i think that the 3rd gen accord stands apart from other hondas due to the shortness of aftermarket support, and it is such a unique vehicle. when new, it was a very great car. and by still having so many on the road today, it just shows what the true meaning of Honda really is, affordable reliability.

it means that i am part of a close-knit online community that has a passion for automobiles. i know that there are people around the world that are here for one thing, the cars. at 3geez, it doesnt matter what color you are, where you are from, religious background, how old you are, etc. the bond we have of loving cars is what makes us who we are, and thats what matters.

i have traveled to Portland for my first meet when i first got my hatch, it was a great time. a few of us even stayed the night at 2ndGenGuy's house the night before the meet for a mini-meet and cookout with a sweet campfire. he openly invited anybody that wanted to come, even people that he had never even met. what a great guy, haha. i went to another meet at Dick's in Seattle, followed by a group trip to the Seattle International Auto Show with several other members. I even organized a meet in Seattle at an indoor Go-Kart track, followed by photoshoots and another trip to Dick's delicious burgers.

i have met many members, from Oklahoma, California, Oregon, and Washington. every person i have met on 3geez has been a great person. i have met up with members at junkyards and went looking for parts with them, or met up at the local cruising strip to talk cars. i have even gone to a few members houses to buy hard to find parts, trade parts, and was even in a 'group buy' to get rare spoilers shipped to Washington to cut shipping costs, trusting people that we had never met with money and parts, haha.

i do plan on getting another car in the near future. but i will most likely still keep my 3rd gen hatch, and still stay on 3geez on a regular basis.

phrenology
11-19-2010, 11:25 PM
Thanks so much for all of your replies. It seems quite unanimous the membership agrees on the value of 3geez and its ability to bring us together like a family. The 3G Accord really unifies us and brings out a sense of pioneering spirit when it comes to creating home brew mods and repairs.
Thanks for your help. :D

phrenology
11-20-2010, 12:19 AM
So phrenology, I'm curious about what you would fill in! ;)

Owned two 2nd Gens. The 85 LX was my first Honda, then I got the 84 hatchback, which was about the time I had become acquainted with 3geez. I finally got the evil SOB 88 LX-i after becoming a member. Now I have another possessed 88 LX-i but in 2 door form. :thumbup:

I owned American junk before the Accords. I went down in cylinders...LOL I started with a V8, then had a Vortec V6, then the Accords. 2.0L is perfect, less than that and its a motorcycle engine, more than that is gratuitous to move a compact car. When I say compact car I mean the 3G is the perfect sized vehicle. Bigger vehicles are impossible to park in the city, and are just a waste of space, unless its purpose built- trucks, buses etc. I have no need to drive an aircraft carrier. :lol: The 84 had a styling similar to the DMC-12 which I loved. I have always been a retro style guy, but not classic Americana when it comes to cars. The 3rd Gen Accord has an unmistakable 80's classic styling. Having been born in the 80s the car represented me like no other. It might be crazy correlation, but owning a car of Japanese origin, assembled in the US (like me) always amused me.

Being in an international cyber clan full of misfits, tinkerers, and free thinkers. 3geez members never fail to make me laugh, feel nostalgic, empower me to build, and inspire. The car unites us but, I think most everyone is here to have fun. All of the showy-ness is usually in good taste, except CAH! :rolleyes:

Yeah, my very first friends in the Bay Area when I moved here were from 3Geez. I went on a ride along with Mr. Eff and Busted Blue. We went out to eat, drove around on the highway, opened up the throttle on some back roads, and did a mini photo shoot in a garage in East Bay. :eek5: I can't forget my first ride at night across the Bay Bridge in Busted's car. I had a mini meet with Pico, we worked on my car and did a photo shoot in the driveway. :D

If you have met other members, how did that experience differ from your online interactions with those members? Unfortunately those guys aren't really on the board anymore but I'm still friends with Chris (Mr. Eff). Before I finally met Chris we had talked quite awhile on 3geez, but he was much more interesting in person. We also really connected over brewing as well as our love for 3geez. When his Accord got jacked it was heartbreaking. We are still pretty good friends and have gotten each other out of a few situations...:cheers: I went to Pico's a few weeks back and was welcomed by his calm demeanor and awesome willingness to help me. He is truly the best kind of people. I'm sure anyone who has met him would agree. :)

For members who no longer own a 3G or are in the process of getting rid of your 3G, why do you still remain on this forum, and post to the board? If I had to part with my current Accord I would still remain on the board and seek out another Accord. I was on hiatus for about 3 years, because I didn't have a car and felt I had nothing more to contribute to the board, but I really missed it and lost out on the ability to grow my knowledge during that time. :wave:

AccordB20A
11-20-2010, 01:05 AM
I was onto my 2nd accord when i joined. i only wanted to know how to sort out the power to a carb fuel pump when i swapped from efi to carb haha

flashest car ive had, i fell in love haha

its great to know other people actually respect and do up these cars. i was excited to see what was out there, half the reason why im still doing one up

Have met a few members from NZ and one from canada who came over for a trip. was good fun working on and driving accords :)

Civic Accord Honda
11-20-2010, 01:26 AM
My parents had 2 3geez. and i had an 82 accord before i joined or even knew what the internet was... but i had seen the forum before i bought my 88lxi in 2006. and joined 2 days later when i was trying to remove the leaking power steering
Flip ups are awesome. fantastic interior design, pretty fun to drive.. wouldnt go as far as saying my 88lxi was my favorite car though....
means i want to punch babys when i read idiotic posts by noobs. and deal with a bunch of asshats :)
I have met my best friend from this site!.
awkward at first..(but i am a socially awkward penguin ) but allways fun!

Its like heroin...i want to leave but just cant help but come back to it :lol:

Hauntd ca3
11-20-2010, 01:37 AM
DID I OWN MY ACCORD BEFORE I JOINED
yep , have had the ca3 for 8 or 9 years and have been here for bout 3.

WHAT ABOUT THE ACCORD IS SPECIAL.
it just feels right. have liked them ever since i saw my first one when i was at primary school.
would rather drive it ( when its on the road again than my 5g

WHAT DOES BEING A MEMBER OF 3GEEZ MEAN?
its great to have such a great collective knowledge of 3g lovers,mechanics etc to draw on.
if you need help with something, people to run ideas past, motivation or even just a good rant , you can do it here

havnt been able to attend any meets since my car dont go yet, and the nearest active member is bout 500 miles and a $300 ferry ride away.
otherwise i'd make as many as i could

phrenology
11-20-2010, 11:20 AM
(but i am a socially awkward penguin )

That's a fact! :lol:

jg09
11-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Honestly, I can't remember. I'm pretty sure I joined 3geez a few days before getting the car.

For being a bone stock, 22 year old, automatic Honda, it was just fun to drive. I lived up on a mountain, so everyday, my commute to work was a twisty mountain road. I found the limits of my 3g (and occasionally pushed them) on that road.

That I've gone through the 3Geez.com registration process?

My girlfriend and I went down to seattle last year for the 3geez meet/seattle international auto show. It was pretty fun. We had a great time checking out all the other 3geez, the food was great, and the auto show was a blast.

Unfortunately, not much... lol

It's nice to read up on what people are doing to their 3geez and learn about little tips and tricks to diagnosing/repairing these cars. With surprisingly good experience I had with my 3g, i might buy another one in the future and knowledge is power!!!!

phrenology
11-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Thanks for all of your replies.

2ndGenGuy
11-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Maybe I'm a bit late on this, but I just wanted to make a quick note about the coolest thing in 3geez culture. The Meets. So far, every meet we've had has been awesome, and everybody has been really, really cool. We have a good time hanging out and BSing, and there's never any drama, or diagreements, and I've yet to meet anybody who I don't like. We all have something in common, and I think, because we like something that most other people would just generally discard, it makes our enjoyment of our cars that much better when we can get together, and makes us that much closer (no homo). I've not been to any meets from other forums or anything, but how many clubs/forums/etc have people drive hundreds (or thousands) of miles to meet other members?

I hope this makes sense...

Ayeobe
11-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Owned my 87 accord first, then found 3geez.

The car rides better than newer cars. Its prety awesome. The seats are more comfertable, especially the smooth fabric ones. I love the styling. Its defenetly ahead of its time.. in 2005? they were makin 4-door coupes, but the accord reminds me of those.. except for 1986! Popups are awesome, too. I just love the aestetics of the car, and the fact that they can still drive like new even after 22 years is amazing, no matter the odomiter reading.
I had a civic for a lil while, and it was fun to drive.. but nothing like the accord! Steering, smooth ride, sleek (even in the 80s!) lines, low body lines, and much much more!

Defenetly an awesome comunity. I wish i had more members around me, though. That aside, i have no negative to say. I posted a wanted thread, and got a prety instant reply, which is awesome.

I wish. Still workin on that?! lol. Next summer i should show up at the big flippin' meet.

N/A

Well there was a time i didnt own one.. and i logged on to check out how your 3geez were doing.

MessyHonda
11-25-2010, 01:11 AM
my moms chevy got rear ended on hwy 1 by pescadero Feb 1988. Car got totaled out so she got a check and went to honda in san lorenzo and bought a brand new 1988 honda dx that was on the show room. She bought it in memorial day 1988. when i got my permit it was my first car. fell in love with it and bought a 89 lx-i 5 speed and gave it to my sister. in may of this year we had to move so we had to junk it because it would not pass smog. also my uncle had a 89 lx for 10 years and he used it till it didnt pass smog.

I have owned 4 3gees. they are cheap and simple to fix.

i have learned so much from this site and met lots of great people. no other forum like this on the world wide web.

TONS of them... great friends im going to say im a WHORE! i met lots of people here and its nice to know people. we share the same passion for our cars and its nice to know that no 3gees have the same mods. I met at least 20+ members all over the state of California.
not really but i ran into some shady member that are not here now. it also pays off. I would like to recognize Mr and Mrs Pico with out them my car would never been the same or even have half the mods it has now.

its really hard to get rid of your first car. I took pics but it was really sad to see the car you grew up with go away. Its part of the family :crying:

car6289
11-25-2010, 06:13 AM
Owned first. Bought 1987 LX in 1990. Totalled it in 2001. Replaced it with 1989 LX in January 2002.

The styling of a 3G always appealed to me. Pop up headlights. Having now driven 3G's for several hundred thousand kilometers in all weather and road conditions, the handling and road feel are superlative. My wife wants me to use our Civic as my DD, but I always say no thank you.

Being a 3G's member means I never have to take the bus. Whatever is ailing my 3G, a solution can be found with generous help from members and tinkering in the garage. Being able to help other members with their problems whenever possible.

Not yet

N/A.....Yet

N/A

phrenology you are most welcome.

phrenology
11-25-2010, 01:08 PM
I give thanks today for all of the wonderful things you members have said about 3geez.com and that even though I have not met most of you, it feels like a nice community to be a part of. :D

Thank you for making this thread a special one. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!! Drive safe during your holiday, cheers! :cheers:

charliekuney
11-25-2010, 01:39 PM

I bought my first coupe in January of 2009 and probably found the site in March when I was looking for answers to a problem I was having.

The design - While there are a dozen other cars with flip-up head lights, I doubt any of them are nearly as common as the third-gen Accord, thus you never see them. Reliability/Maintenance - I've put 50k+ on four cars over two years; my mother has put 30k on her Intrepid in six years; my dad has put 150k on his Ranger in ten years: Guess whose car has been most reliable and cheapest to maintain?

It means people all over the world help me with my problems or struggle through the same ones, whether they know/like me or not.

Two Seattle meets: kick-fucking-ass.

I've met like twenty or more, and now they have the pleasure of watching my life evolve via Facebook.

I've sold three (one totaled, one gutted, one ugly) and still come back to them. Always will. Still looking for an SE-i sedan...

I have also gone through my sister selling her 1989 LX-i coupe with 140k for $800. That car was "totaled" physically and by her insurance company twice, and the car still goes today. Some guy at the local Pizza Hut still uses it as a delivery car. It's primer black now with 20" rims, though...

Rendon LX-i
12-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I owned my 3g before I found the site. I was just a young kid who bought a car for 100 bucks and wanted to hype it up alittle. found 3geez.com via google.

Well its special Cause you wont find the same ol stuff like you seen on a modern type of car as for example civic. all have b series swap or same wheels. an so on, well if you take my car out to a crowd i know my car well stand out. cause its not all the same but its Old skool with style. Special cause nobody has the time and sweat and blood to work on a car like a 3geez. special because its not the easy bolt on type of car. JUST SPECIAL LOL

I like beening a member. OG style. i like to help out noobs. yet there a pain but when i look back i remember when i was in there shoes. So to give advice and make em say WOW your car is hot. Makes you feel like wow thanks.

O man meeting the cali,wa,portland crew was FUN. would do it again anyday. meeting the members is the best part of beening part of a forum/club. Fanily to see there car in person to hang out.

Well meeting the members didnt make any difference. Cause you can tell alot by a person by there typing and what not. So i knew what i would be kinda getting into at the meet.

Cause i love my 3g. I would never let it go. If anything ill pass it on to my son. Its a car that i have in garage instead of my new family rid. its a car thats waiting to get pulled out and take a drive. a car that i hate when people touch it or sit on it. If im bored ill go out and work on it.

I remain on this forum cause some of the members are very good friends that i meet at meets. And i love the community. Yet things have changed and drama and what not. i still hang around.

Tomisimo
12-10-2010, 05:59 AM
I feel like I have to put my 0.02 here as well.

I had my car before I joined, got it for cheap, thought I'll use it as A to B car, but it grew on me, so I did lots of work on it. Sadly I discovered 3Geez to late, because I had a chance to get a B20a8, only if I knew it was rare back then. But Now I finally own a B20 in my second 3Gee. First was flawed after a crash I had so it had to go.
For being here. When I joined I really liked how guys did help me with my first Q's and was patient with me. And kept me from RICE :D Thanks guys!
As for the car it self, after doing some research about it and driving it I felt in love with it, its my first car that I'm really love and for ever will I think, it was a good practice car for me as well when I went to mechanical school. Its balanced between mechanical and electronic so well. its easy to maintain and repair. It handles good, comfortable and reliable. I spend lots of time in my current car, even had to sleep in it few days. All in all its a special car no dout about it.
And did you guys know? it was the last car the Soichiro Honda approved before hes death! so one more reason respect it.

phrenology
12-10-2010, 10:00 AM
And did you guys know? it was the last car the Soichiro Honda approved before hes death! so one more reason respect it.

That's quite a reason to be proud of our 21+ year old HONDAS!!! :thumbup: They bear the name of a legend.

Rendon LX-i
12-10-2010, 01:41 PM
wow thats crazy. Well i take pride owning my 3g.

charliekuney
12-10-2010, 06:56 PM
They bear the name of a legend.

...and sometimes a Vigor.

:kekeke:

DBMaster
12-11-2010, 06:50 AM

I had already been driving and working on the car for eleven years (July 1989-November 2000) before stumbling upon this forum while performing a search on a topic I have long forgotten.

This is only my second car and I am 45 years old. It has outlasted my marriage, several addresses, and my daughter's entire childhood. I obtained the car as an inheritance from my grandmother who bought it on my recommendation and put a mere 1,500 miles on it before it became mine. The extreme durability of many of the components and the quality of the fit and finish have always impressed me, especially given the fact that this car was actually built in the U.S. during the 1980's. Compared to other cars in its class during the 86-89 time frame it had a unique appearance.

It's like being in an exclusive club for which you don't have to attend meetings. You can contribute and gain benefits at the same time. It is very cool when others can benefit from one's experience and knowledge.

I have attended one small meet and that was probably seven or eight years ago. It doesn't seem like we have that many folks in the D/FW area that can coordinate a time. The three of us who met drove electric go-carts at an indoor track in Dallas that closed several years ago. With just three cars we had quite a spectrum. I felt slightly like an "old man" being the only original owner and at least ten years older than the other members in attendance.

The experience was great. Aside from meeting a couple of local members I have spoken with a couple others on the phone at length. We have a very cool, non-pretentious bunch of folks here.

I honestly don't know. Since I now have a job that pays 20% less than my former job and have a child about to start college next fall I doubt I'll be running out to buy a new car any time soon. I want to keep this one at least long enough for a practical and affordable electric car to be available. As I get older I am starting to appreciate LOW MAINTENANCE things in my life. Besides, the Accord seems built to last forever. I might hang out for a while after I finally part with the vehicle, but it will most likely pass as another phase in my life. We are united here due to a common interest.

estooie
12-21-2010, 04:03 PM
I got my Accord first, then ran into this forum when I was looking for some tips and answers on Google. I found my 3gee while checking for cars on Craigslist in the 1k-3k range. I didn't expect anything great, but when the listing said that it'd satisfy even the pickiest of ppl, I took the 2hr drive to come check it out. He wasn't kidding, minus the stereo and wheels, the car looked like it was prepped to be displayed in a museum as a center piece. $1700 & 130k miles, I was all over it.

This is actually my first Honda. I had a 98 Tracer that lasted me 5 years, it was salvaged twice by me (it was rear-ended before I bought it, and I got rear-ended twice while having it), I had an 02 Escort that barely lasted me 1.5 years (rod went out).
I LOVE MY ACCORD! With the minor exception of the body creaks and slight rattles, I can't stop looking at it after I park and try to walk away.

I feel like I joined a family that cares about each others' cars. I hope to someday be a contributor to the forum.

I'm looking for events/ get togethers here in SoCal. I'm in South OC, and I drive all over the place. It'd be cool to meet up, see other owners and their 3geez, and see what I can learn from them.

I can't answer this question yet :)

I don't plan on getting rid of mine. I'm really digging the car with how solid everything is. I believe ppl when they say that this car was ahead of it's time. I love the design, the engine is amazing, the 5 speed it great, and I can't wait to drive it through some twisties once I get the suspension set up and replaced.