PDA

View Full Version : Winter mods 2010

Vector
11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
running you ride through the winter.. post a pic or explain what you have done to make her ready for the cold snowy weather.

i will start.

Summer:

http://kelownaimports.com/media/blogs/Chris/sport/dday9/IMGP9518.jpg

Winter:

http://kelownaimports.com/media/blogs/Chris/snow2010/IMG_0120.JPG

lifted & set to softest setting

ipike replica's... 205/65/15's
inspect protective sleeves over coilovers,
plug any holes in the firewall that wernt being used to prevent draft from coming in.. :)

edit: forgot i still need to install/reconnect heater.

wh1skea
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
Summer...

...ride with the windows down, replace all 4 tires

Winter...

...replace bad heater blower motor and check the condition of the tires I bought back in the summer.

charliekuney
11-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Summer:

Car is stock, tires still have good tread.

Winter:

Car is stock, tires have no tread.

This will be fun.

A18A
11-22-2010, 02:09 PM
summer:
put my cool looking wheels on with bald("slick") tyres on

winter:
put skid tyres on & always park car facing up hill

88lxi-shortram
11-22-2010, 02:19 PM
LOL putting in a motor, rebuilding calipers, plugging firewall holes, replacing windshield...

Vector
11-22-2010, 06:35 PM
LOL putting in a motor, rebuilding calipers, plugging firewall holes, replacing windshield...

is this a winter car ? lol

cubert
11-22-2010, 06:44 PM

Im gonna go out on a limb and say you kinda missed the idea of this thread....

Anyways, on my car its new tires, fresh oil and filter, changing the tranny fluid, spark plugs, and of course making sure the E-brake works good for the occasional FWD ass slide across a snowy parking lot :thumbup:

SZfiftyfour
11-22-2010, 08:25 PM
Summer:
Recharge a/c
disconnect heater core

Winter:
N/A

88lxi-shortram
11-22-2010, 08:30 PM
is this a winter car ? lol

lol its alot better than my dads acura and my moms gas guzzling explorer...

[QUOTE=cubert;1042714]Im gonna go out on a limb and say you kinda missed the idea of this thread....

no it was just a joke... lol my cars a winter project so while yal are swapping tires and fixing heaters im stuck working in the cold replacing my motor ect.ect.

ghettogeddy
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
summer: sit in the parking lot
winter: do the same lol

CzEcHy
11-22-2010, 09:47 PM
Summer - Enjoy POS stock carburetor working

Winter - Enjoy it not working, ever.

(And I'm in FL, Jesus imagine if it actually got cold.)

charliekuney
11-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Summer:

Car is stock, tires still have good tread.

Winter:

Car is stock, BRAND NEW TIRES!

This will be fun.

Edited.

Ayeobe
11-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Summer: bought the car?

Winter: Get a nice blanket for her, and put her to sleeeeep.
Fuck that salt!

russiankid
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Summer: Drive it.
Winter: Drive it.

elpuma
11-23-2010, 03:39 PM
SUMMER:
Completely stripped out the interior except for the dash.

WINTER:
Sealed all the holes on the inside and re did the interior with black felt. New wipers and filled the wiper reservoir with rain x fluid and bought some tire chains to get home for the break.

lostforawhile
11-23-2010, 04:07 PM
whats winter? oh you mean that little bit of snow here that melts in an hour? :D
I'm from Extreme Northeast Ohio, we don't get winter here in the deep south, I still have peppers growing and it's nearly December

Vector
11-23-2010, 09:45 PM
whats winter? oh you mean that little bit of snow here that melts in an hour? :D
I'm from Extreme Northeast Ohio, we don't get winter here in the deep south, I still have peppers growing and it's nearly December

right now its -22c .. plus wind... cant even feel my ears.. had to go out and start wifes car f*ck!!!

canadian357
11-23-2010, 11:25 PM
-44C with wind chill today.
Hmmm... go out at 7am to make it to my 8am lab?

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

lostforawhile
11-23-2010, 11:38 PM
it's 68 right now, bwhahahahahaha!! I grew up in the snow though, we were at that point in Ohio where the Arctic wind combines with the wind coming from Canada, and combines with the lake effect from lake Erie, it's the coldest point in Ohio, and is why the Finns all went there and to Minnesota, we were usually colder then Cleveland and would have snow when they didn't. still miss it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_JcrkC2wro&feature=relatedt

MessyHonda
11-24-2010, 12:22 AM
summer time: recharge with some good ol r-12

winter time: change out coolant and termostat, get the car tuned

Civic Accord Honda
11-24-2010, 12:33 AM
summer: make sure radiator fans are allways on or else radiator explodes..make sure ac works...get new tires..

winter: change brake pads, install diffrent rims that fit on rear of car to put good treded tires up front, install new battery as push starting was getting old and mine started freaking out causeing the car to act like satan took it over.. and top off oil every day due to bad valve seals...oh yeah enjoy 12mpg max!

geo

summer ... didnt own it

winter: new tires...shove a pen in the heater switch so i can have heat...wish the car came with a re defroster...almost break door handle trying to open doors

Tdurr
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
it's 68 right now, bwhahahahahaha!!

ahaha im shirtless in my apt right now. its not winter here yet.

and as far as the thread goes
summer: fix shit that breaks on the car
Winter: Fix shit faster cuz is colder out.

88lxi-shortram
11-27-2010, 02:38 PM
ahaha im shirtless in my apt right now. its not winter here yet.

idk about that dude it got pretty dam cold last night... i havent had to turn on my heat yet until last night...

gp02a0083
11-27-2010, 03:02 PM
im plannin on installing foglights and getting another set of winter tires that can be studded . all depends on how the next month is gonna look

car6289
11-27-2010, 03:10 PM
Find a big empty snow filled parking lot and go ape shit. I mod my driving for winter. The parking lot exercise is a refresher on how my car behaves when the roads misbehave. I've never owned snow tires, just good all seasons. Lots of drivers around here seem to think snow tires give them the ability to drive through snow at the same speed they drive on dry roads. The fools I see in the ditch every time it snows here.

gp02a0083
11-27-2010, 10:52 PM
Find a big empty snow filled parking lot and go ape shit. I mod my driving for winter. The parking lot exercise is a refresher on how my car behaves when the roads misbehave. I've never owned snow tires, just good all seasons. Lots of drivers around here seem to think snow tires give them the ability to drive through snow at the same speed they drive on dry roads. The fools I see in the ditch every time it snows here.

that and people with 4x4 seem to think there invincible.Snow tires help but only so much. i agree on the parking lot idea, good to keep in mind how these cars handle in the snow, which for a fwd platform isn't all that bad.

Civic Accord Honda
11-28-2010, 02:48 AM
lol... i love driving in snow its so fun going sideways with mad tire spinage!!! and ebrake slides!!! ....

Mellexx
11-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Tim wins the best answer award lmao

A18A
11-29-2010, 12:28 AM
-44C with wind chill today.
Hmmm... go out at 7am to make it to my 8am lab?

Fuck.
That.
Shit.

geezus

Lil Mike
11-29-2010, 04:56 AM
lol... i love driving in snow its so fun going sideways with mad tire spinage!!! and ebrake slides!!! ....

to bad your geo can't even spin the tires with the wheels off the ground :D

labeledsk8r
11-29-2010, 08:53 AM
summer:

set climate controles to cool, run a/c

winter:

turn knob to warm when nippy out

god i love florida

Civic Accord Honda
11-29-2010, 04:32 PM
to bad your geo can't even spin the tires with the wheels off the ground :D

i was doing that in the geo :P lol that car was spining out in first while slideing backwards down a hill the other day