PDA

View Full Version : Running rough

1987AccordLx-i
11-24-2010, 08:20 PM
as the title says.... my coupes running rough.... this is happening alot now...

ill drive then my idle jumps up to 2k and stays there.. no jumpy idle.. at the same time when i press the gas it has a delayed response and wants to die.. when im driving and i get into the gas it jerks once then goes... any ideas guys? shes full of coolant so it cant be that... i have a feeling it could be TPS or ECT.... help yeah? its my only transportation and i wanna get this fixed asap

EDIT: forgot to add... intermittently when i push the clutch in and let off the gas... rpms go to like pretty much 0 then jump back up to 2k...

Oldblueaccord
11-25-2010, 06:54 AM
Any codes?

I think even the tps would give a code.

Take a look at the tps cable/spring etc. Look for something mechanical in that area.

wp

Dr_Snooz
11-25-2010, 11:19 AM
When was your last tune up? What kind of gas are you running? Have you checked the timing? Checked for vacuum leaks? I'd start with a bottle of injector cleaner and a good throttle body cleaning.

1987AccordLx-i
11-27-2010, 12:17 PM
im suspecting the tps because a couple of times when it would start it would just sputter and rpms wouldnt go up unless i feather the gas alot... but she hasnt been tuned up in a while... so i figure that contributes to the problem... but being an unemployed college student its rather hard... but i have some financial aid coming in soon so im going to dump 2000$ into her and get her all fixed up... but my under dash wiring harness is messed up and it throws a code for map sensor but the map is fine and the car runs fine with that map code... so i gotta replace the under dash harness... i dont wanna replace the computer til i fix the harness problem just incase its tripping out the computer...

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the map circuit? i wanna trace it and see if i see any opens in that particular circuit... and also if there is any related circuits that would cause the similar code

Dr_Snooz
11-27-2010, 06:55 PM
im suspecting the tps because a couple of times when it would start it would just sputter and rpms wouldnt go up unless i feather the gas alot... but she hasnt been tuned up in a while... so i figure that contributes to the problem... but being an unemployed college student its rather hard... but i have some financial aid coming in soon so im going to dump 2000$ into her and get her all fixed up... but my under dash wiring harness is messed up and it throws a code for map sensor but the map is fine and the car runs fine with that map code... so i gotta replace the under dash harness... i dont wanna replace the computer til i fix the harness problem just incase its tripping out the computer...

does anyone have the wiring diagram for the map circuit? i wanna trace it and see if i see any opens in that particular circuit... and also if there is any related circuits that would cause the similar code

LOL. Your problems are always so weird. When I posted, I knew I wouldn't be anywhere close to right. Anyway, PM me your email address and I'll send you the Honda Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. It's for the '89s, but you should be able to use it for yours.

1987AccordLx-i
11-30-2010, 10:58 AM
LOL. Your problems are always so weird. When I posted, I knew I wouldn't be anywhere close to right. Anyway, PM me your email address and I'll send you the Honda Electrical Troubleshooting Manual. It's for the '89s, but you should be able to use it for yours.

alright doc ill pm you