PDA

View Full Version : hit a deer, the hatch is dead

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2010, 06:35 AM
after ordering a carpet, complete interior swap and countless hours making my work car as nice as it can be, i hit a deer this morning.

the damage is limited to the front end, mostly cosmetic in the hood, fenders and other pieces. the drivers headlight bucket is rippedup. ill call insurance and see what they say. im sure they will total it even though replacment accords are so over inflated in my area. ill snap pics tonight and have them posted. thanks guys

2oodoor
12-03-2010, 07:00 AM
dam dam dam:pc:

wh1skea
12-03-2010, 07:08 AM
Damn, any plans to buy it back if they total it?

Pico
12-03-2010, 07:55 AM
Sorry to hear that.
Main thing is you're ok

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2010, 08:19 AM
yeah, im fine. well have to see how much they pay vs how much it costs. i have a body guy who loves cash jobs so if they dont total it ill fix it. just swapped in black leather interior. bought all the right parts and pieces and such for suspensulion and brakes. it would be hard to find another untouched 22 year old car.

car6289
12-03-2010, 08:59 AM
Glad to hear you're fine. Hopefully you can fix her up, so your new suspension and brake parts have somewhere to go.
Is venison on your menu now?

Legend_master
12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Damn dude, that sucks. I know I bought my accord back for $75.00 after being totaled. Depending on the parts you have installed, it may be wort it. Good luck man

charliekuney
12-03-2010, 09:32 AM
You'll find another nice Accord if you have to, but it definitely will not be a hatch. They seriously don't exist here.

lostforawhile
12-03-2010, 09:36 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :eek:

Xaisk
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM
Dude I cant believe that. I remember reading your posts about how hard it was getting louvers and now this? ugh thats like a kick in the cock...
Sorry for the news.

w261w261
12-03-2010, 01:02 PM
If you have collision insurance you'll prob be ok. As little as you've posted, damage is prob <1500. Insurance will go for most of that.

2oodoor
12-03-2010, 03:00 PM
I just cringed after reading this again dude.
I was slammed from behind Monday morning but was in my F150.
Normaly I would have been in the hatch on a weekday:eek5:
The saturn that hit me left 30 ft of skidmarks and still is probably totaled out since the whole front clip was wadded up and moved over a couple five inches or so. I heard her skidding and looked back, I knew she was going to hit me so I just braced. Poor thing ate my trailer hitch big time, put a crease over the wheel well of my bed and twisted the reese hitch frame so It would have killed that Honda if I were in it. I would have rolled out on the road flopping like a fish too I promise ya cus I know ins would have railroaded me on the car damage.
Everyone was ok on this one.

You have enough extra parts to fix this one?

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2010, 03:45 PM
i looked for nearly 3 years to find a replacement coupe when i wrecked it. the hatch would be bought back at any expense. the konis, rims, tires , radio, and other add ons are almost 2k. i have a buddy who says he can make me a great fix on it as long as insurance doesnt total it.

mushroom_toy
12-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Nooo...this sucks man, sorry to hear it....I would just buy it back, shouldnt be too much. If you still have receipts total it up and let them know how much you have into the car and ask for that to be returned as well, if not tell them you want the total price theyll give you for the car (if its totaled) and then that you want to keep all the non stock parts off the car as well. Then afterwards just buy the car back if its not in too bad shape and worth fixing.

Ichiban
12-03-2010, 07:09 PM
after ordering a carpet, complete interior swap and countless hours making my work car as nice as it can be, i hit a deer this morning.

the damage is limited to the front end, mostly cosmetic in the hood, fenders and other pieces. the drivers headlight bucket is rippedup. ill call insurance and see what they say. im sure they will total it even though replacment accords are so over inflated in my area. ill snap pics tonight and have them posted. thanks guys

I did the exact same thing in my accord. I went to insurance, told them I'd fix it, they said sure, then I went to the wreckers, got all the parts except headlights and trim for 35 bucks. Got the headlight buckets and shit out of my dad's junk car, and had the headlights aligned at my uncle's GM dealership for free. Showed the insurance company the repairs, and the receipt for the headlight alignment which was the only requirement, and they paid me out 400 bucks for a weekend of wrenching on my car.

Long story short, your car isn't totalled, and try and do before asking, and you'll get what you want.

Dr_Snooz
12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear that. Best of luck getting it up and running again.

mykwikcoupe
12-03-2010, 09:14 PM
I sent pics to charlie, lets see if hell post them for me. It really doesnt look too bad but with the cost of parts and paint Im not sure if itll be worth fixing. Im sure Ill try. Ive alrewady got z3 fenders and a CF hood Ive been waiting to install. Like Ichiban said, Ill grab a sparew headlight bucket and use a JY bumper to install my bodykit over. The only thing insurance will pay is paint at my buddies shop. Hell make it look like glass as well. He knows how crazy paint anal I am. Masn I hope insurance works for me. I cant afford to pay to fix it myself or too much to get it just right.

lostforawhile
12-03-2010, 11:15 PM
I sent pics to charlie, lets see if hell post them for me. It really doesnt look too bad but with the cost of parts and paint Im not sure if itll be worth fixing. Im sure Ill try. Ive alrewady got z3 fenders and a CF hood Ive been waiting to install. Like Ichiban said, Ill grab a sparew headlight bucket and use a JY bumper to install my bodykit over. The only thing insurance will pay is paint at my buddies shop. Hell make it look like glass as well. He knows how crazy paint anal I am. Masn I hope insurance works for me. I cant afford to pay to fix it myself or too much to get it just right.

no reason you won't be able to get everything cheap here, or at the yard, the front end stuff is the same as all the the other cars

phrenology
12-03-2010, 11:46 PM
:nervous: Sucks man. Did it clear the radiator and the engine? I'm glad to hear you're okay. Get it fixed up so you can win AOM.

Vanilla Sky
12-04-2010, 01:03 AM
I think I have headlight buckets I'll donate for shipping cost.

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2010, 07:25 AM
All damage at this point is cosmetic, nothing new skins wont fix. I hope the very front corner of the fender, just above the corner marker is a piece that bolts on and off with the fender, its pretty noticably bent, otherwise every other bodyline still matches.

How would it work if I brought in my own parts to be repainted even though insurance paid for new? I have a CF hood that needs resurfacing but would look nice, I have the Z3 fenders that I want to have a CF overlay done on and repainted to match the car with the Z3 portion left as cleared CF. I have a good pass side headlight bucket but would need a new drivers bucket. The grill and bumper I have, lights, markers, flashers I have in JDM style.

Wow looks like all I would need is paint really. Lets see if I can get the shop to repaint the entire car and fix the parts I bring in. Yeah baby, yeah

Ayeobe
12-04-2010, 09:21 AM
That's pure 3geez.
"Oh man, my car was damaged! ...wait a sec, i have 99% of the spare parts alredy!" haha. Good stuff, man. I hope it all works out!

Vanilla Sky
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
See if you can work out a deal with the shop to paint it instead of buy parts.

lostforawhile
12-04-2010, 09:43 AM
All damage at this point is cosmetic, nothing new skins wont fix. I hope the very front corner of the fender, just above the corner marker is a piece that bolts on and off with the fender, its pretty noticably bent, otherwise every other bodyline still matches.

How would it work if I brought in my own parts to be repainted even though insurance paid for new? I have a CF hood that needs resurfacing but would look nice, I have the Z3 fenders that I want to have a CF overlay done on and repainted to match the car with the Z3 portion left as cleared CF. I have a good pass side headlight bucket but would need a new drivers bucket. The grill and bumper I have, lights, markers, flashers I have in JDM style.

Wow looks like all I would need is paint really. Lets see if I can get the shop to repaint the entire car and fix the parts I bring in. Yeah baby, yeah

the insurance will give you a set amount to have the car fixed, where you take it, who fixes it, etc, desn't matter

AccordB20A
12-04-2010, 01:22 PM
stupid deer always ruining nice cars

lostforawhile
12-04-2010, 02:08 PM
that car can be fixed, i've had mine down to the bare chassis in the front many times and nearly everything unbolts. if the radiator support lower part is bent, a sledgehammer can fix it. these are very tough cars.

2ndGenGuy
12-04-2010, 02:30 PM
You should take the car to a shop that will fix it to how it was before the wreck, and get an estimate on the repairs. If you can get a couple estimates, you can take those to your insurance company, tell them that's how much it costs to repair, and they will cut you a check. What you do with that check after that is up to you. They are obligated to pay what it costs to repair the car, but not obligated to pay for a more expensive hood, and paint a bodykit, etc. Get the check from them, but also try to prove the car is worth enough that they don't total it. If you're not worried about selling the car down the road, and really want to keep it, you can just let them total it, buy it back and fix it. Not that big a deal. Salvage titles really only suck for resale.

With my hatch, I had a bent frame, suspension damage, wheel damage, and some bumper damage. But I showed them all the stuff I had done to it, showed them the condition of the interior, and pointed out the rebuilt engine, showed them how there was no rust on the car, etc. Basically, I proved to them that it was WAY above the average condition for the age of the car, and so they cut me a check for repairs, and I got it fixed. You could do the same easily, as your hatch is clearly way better than anything that you will find out there. It will take a long time to replace that car if they do total it. Just make sure they realize that.

lostforawhile
12-04-2010, 02:33 PM
You should take the car to a shop that will fix it to how it was before the wreck, and get an estimate on the repairs. If you can get a couple estimates, you can take those to your insurance company, tell them that's how much it costs to repair, and they will cut you a check. What you do with that check after that is up to you. They are obligated to pay what it costs to repair the car, but not obligated to pay for a more expensive hood, and paint a bodykit, etc. Get the check from them, but also try to prove the car is worth enough that they don't total it. If you're not worried about selling the car down the road, and really want to keep it, you can just let them total it, buy it back and fix it. Not that big a deal. Salvage titles really only suck for resale.if they want to total it, see what the maximum they will pay without the total, some states make you tow the car to an inspection station in order to issue a salvage title. it can be a real hassle. you should be able to fix it cheap with parts on here

charliekuney
12-04-2010, 09:31 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ebcxlf.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/2h717x2.jpg
http://i53.tinypic.com/n5o9qr.jpg
http://i51.tinypic.com/2ldftqe.jpg
http://i52.tinypic.com/2mfgaoo.jpg

A18A
12-04-2010, 09:34 PM
sheeeit the dirt on it is worse than the damage

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Dirt hell, thats the road grim from a week of snow sanding. I washed it a week earlier. When it rains here and the roads are dirty everything gets on the car. Since they sanded it got a ton worse

2ndGenGuy
12-04-2010, 10:28 PM
I found out that even here, that sand is something like 30% salt too. Wash that shit off!

If your core support isn't damaged, you should be okay. Hood, fender, maybe a headlight bucket and some paint. Insurance companies have been forcing shops to use used parts in repairs like this anyways, so I'm sure that won't be too bad to replace and paint. Paint will probably be the most expensive part. But hey at least there won't be any rock chips in the hood anymore...

Xaisk
12-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Those damages dont look bad at all.. I thought you meant that it had fell onto the hood and crushed inwards completely smashing the front end.

You should be able to get that fixed relatively easy.

AccordB20A
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM
looks like new panels should sort it out, heres hoping

mykwikcoupe
12-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Just noticed from looking at those pics, My car has a bad ass squat to it. i like the way it stance looks. Pics look better then the car does. The white is hiding alot. I do think its all parts and paint, no structural damage. the bad news, even if they price quote my car at 3k, which I doubt they will. How easy is it to get past the totalled mark in paint and a few parts?

lostforawhile
12-04-2010, 10:59 PM
vanilla sky already voluntered headlight buckets, this is an easy repair.see how much you can get without totalling it, and you can probably still have money in your pocket.

lostforawhile
12-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Just noticed from looking at those pics, My car has a bad ass squat to it. i like the way it stance looks. Pics look better then the car does. The white is hiding alot. I do think its all parts and paint, no structural damage. the bad news, even if they price quote my car at 3k, which I doubt they will. How easy is it to get past the totalled mark in paint and a few parts?

i would just explain you are going to fix it, and ask what is the max they will pay without a total

phrenology
12-05-2010, 12:24 AM
That damage isn't really that bad, must have been a small deer or low speed. The duck that flew through my mother's car caused more damage than that. :eek:

lostforawhile
12-05-2010, 01:01 AM
it could have been much worse, this time of year you might have hit eight, the fat guy driving and a custom sled

phrenology
12-05-2010, 01:14 AM
it could have been much worse, this time of year you might have hit eight, the fat guy driving and a custom sled

That geriatric fat bastard needs his vision checked or his license revoked. He might be from Canada or the Arctic Circle but he definitely lives in Florida in the off season, and can't drive worth a damn :lol:

BTW when I switch out my corners, you can have my 88's if you want. I could help the cause.

lostforawhile
12-05-2010, 01:19 AM
That geriatric fat bastard needs his vision checked or his license revoked. He might be from Canada or the Arctic Circle but he definitely lives in Florida in the off season, and can't drive worth a damn :LOL:

but who would you call, the highway patrol or the FAA? and that flying reindeer shit, isn't that an EPA issue? who knows whats in it? magic corn? they might quarantine you for a while, yep could have been much worse:D

carotman
12-05-2010, 07:43 AM
Wash the car before the insurance appraisal. This will help to raise your car value. The damage isn't that bad.

Of course, they will qutoe to repair everything. This will probably include:

Headlight bucket
Headlight trim
Headlight itself
Left fender
Bodywork on the hood $$
Paint. $$

This would cost around 1k around here. If your insurance wants to give you 1K, that's fine. You can have the parts for dirt cheap and then you can have the bodywork extended to other parts of the car.

hammer3rd
12-05-2010, 07:49 AM
Do you have any pics of the car after the wreck???

lostforawhile
12-05-2010, 10:26 AM
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2h717x2.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2ebcxlf.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/n5o9qr.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2mfgaoo.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2ldftqe.jpg

charliekuney
12-05-2010, 10:54 AM
Do you have any pics of the car after the wreck???

http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2h717x2.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2ebcxlf.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/n5o9qr.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2mfgaoo.jpg
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd158/lostforawhile/mykwikcoupes%20wreck/2ldftqe.jpg

Dude, I already posted pictures...

lostforawhile
12-05-2010, 11:05 AM

i just put them up as pictures instead of links was all, i hosted them on my photobucket

87roach
12-05-2010, 02:28 PM
Seems to be a lot of gripe over what looks to be minor damage. When I saw "hit a deer" I'm thinking, front end smashed, deer in the glass, etc.

Charlie, no one likes to click links to see pictures, so thanks go out to lost.

hammer3rd
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM

Sorry Dude!!!!!!!!!!!

But I was going to say dont invlove the insurance companyes at all. There not going to give you anything for your car and once it has been fixed it will show in a carfax and drop the value even more. Buy yourself a car with good body for a few bucks( found myself a parts car for a hundred bucks ) and there is all you need to fix your car with except paint. O, be sure and measure your car befor you start for being square and strait. Or if you have a pull a part in your area go there and get your measurements and mabey your parts. Good luck on getting your car fixed.

Ichiban
12-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Or use a come-along and a tape measure, then verify by fitting new panels and checking the gaps. After I did this (wasn't even my crash damage I was fixing) the wheel alignment came back almost exact.

mykwikcoupe
12-05-2010, 05:52 PM
Yeah, Its seems I am pretty critical over damages to the car. Makes me wonder what you guys would consider bad damage. In person it is wirse but not too bad. When I said dead, I meant probably totalled.

phrenology
12-05-2010, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Its seems I am pretty critical over damages to the car. Makes me wonder what you guys would consider bad damage. In person it is wirse but not too bad. When I said dead, I meant probably totalled.

I'm pretty judgmental about damage but that isn't totaled. I've seen cars with no doors and hood, with duct tape. plastic bags and zip ties holding the front clip on driving down the highway in FL.

lostforawhile
12-05-2010, 08:57 PM
you didn't even damage the front turn signals, i doubt very much there is any frame damage . it's all bolt on parts

charliekuney
12-06-2010, 09:18 AM
Charlie, no one likes to click links to see pictures, so thanks go out to lost.

Mike sends them to me in the 5mp size and I didn't feel like resizing them this time, and I didn't want to post humungous pictures. Lost woundn't have been able to post them without me! :P

So, Mike: Your car is going to be fine. I wouldn't bother with your insurance company - too much hassle. First, work on the headlight so your car is legal. Get the rest done in (a short amount of) time.

Ayeobe
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
It looks like your grille is fine, too, which is cool. I hope when you go to take it off its fine. At least the plastic peices on ither side of the grill are seperate on the pre-facelift grill.
Also, what are our bumpers made of?! lol. It dosnt seem to matter what those pre-facelift bumpers go through, they're still fine lol. The bumper's all "what was that? a deer? aw, sucks." but i cant even see a dent or bend in it lol

lostforawhile
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
It looks like your grille is fine, too, which is cool. I hope when you go to take it off its fine. At least the plastic peices on ither side of the grill are seperate on the pre-facelift grill.
Also, what are our bumpers made of?! lol. It dosnt seem to matter what those pre-facelift bumpers go through, they're still fine lol. The bumper's all "what was that? a deer? aw, sucks." but i cant even see a dent or bend in it lolthey will break, i hit a full size german sheppard once at about 70, broke the turn signal and cracked the bumper. why do people let their pets wander around free near a high speed road anyway?

2ndGenGuy
12-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't think about the fact that you can, and should, avoid the insurance at all costs. They may pay out cash now, but they will rape you down the road with higher premiums, and they'll keep note of the claim forever. They still harass me about my NO FUCKING FAULT accident when I ran my 81 into a snow bank to avoid a head-on collision. I saved those assholes money by doing what I did... Next time, I'm taking out as much shit as I can.

mushroom_toy
12-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't think about the fact that you can, and should, avoid the insurance at all costs. They may pay out cash now, but they will rape you down the road with higher premiums, and they'll keep note of the claim forever. They still harass me about my NO FUCKING FAULT accident when I ran my 81 into a snow bank to avoid a head-on collision. I saved those assholes money by doing what I did... Next time, I'm taking out as much shit as I can.

DITTO. I didnt know the accident was so minor. Yeah if you turn it in, or already have be prepared for your insurance to go up.

lostforawhile
12-06-2010, 05:49 PM
anyone get the insurance info on the deer that hit you?:wave: it wasn't this deer was it? i guess it would still be a DUI for the deer,
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7qbf1_drunk-deer_fun#from=embed

mykwikcoupe
12-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Took it to the 1st shop today. The estimator said to go to pull a part and get a few parts. Put it back together and be happy with it. I asked about paint, he said it was an old car and not worth the effort. What a loser. Granted the parking lot was full of cars greater then 40k and bashed by every bad driver in the area. Im kind of hoping insurance totals it, gives me fair market value according to KBB and I can pay to get it fixed out of pocket. I no longer want to take it to a shop. Id rather just have it painted with me doing all the work.

mykwikcoupe
12-08-2010, 08:51 PM
Tomorrow is the big day, Im meeting with the insurance company itself to see whats going on. To try and raise the value a bit I swapped in the leather seats from my coupe that are in almost great shape, no tears or cracks, nice and soft. I put my floor mats in that are as new as you can get for a used 23 year old car. Not a stain on the set. The interior is always pretty well kept, the exterior was washed and I managed to swap the rest of the orignal red interior out with the new black. I even used a spare set of sei leather insert door panels. The only flaw with the swap is the back of the rear seat ojn the hatch is bi-fold and the could is 1 piece so its got the dx balck back seat in it. I debated putting in the sei bottom but I wasnt sure how tacky that would look. This way i can say i could only afford to recover the fronts. I must say even wrecked Id pay almost nearly $2500 for it. Its beautiful.

Dr_Snooz
12-08-2010, 11:25 PM
Looks like you've got your mojo back. Good luck slaying the insurance dragon.

2oodoor
12-09-2010, 05:40 AM
be advised..
my ins low balled the shit out of me on my truck damage... they want to know what body shop and blah blah blah. If I thought the truck could be fixed without replacing the bedside panel I never would have made a claim but they insist it can be streightend and bondo'd. Im so pissed.. this is damage from another incident just few days before the girl rammed me, I jackknifed a trailer just backing out of storage.. forgot it was back there cuz I was distracted inside the cab.
Evidenty they are trained to low ball people who they even suspect will just keep the money and not fix.
Not what I was planning to do, I just dont want to use the body shop they want to use.

With what they gave me I cant even buy the material even to do metal work, mud and paint. This isnt over yet:mad:

Hazwan
12-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Good luck man

Dr_Snooz
12-09-2010, 08:48 AM
Just out of curiosity, who's your insurance? I've had really good luck with State Farm here. When I got hit by an uninsured motorist, they came out, looked at the damage and wrote me a check. No questions asked. The check was higher than any body shop had quoted me too.

2oodoor
12-09-2010, 08:51 AM
me? geko,, and that is what I should have done is claim it on UIM

lostforawhile
12-09-2010, 10:51 AM
me? geko,, and that is what I should have done is claim it on UIM

you know the law says they can't force you to use the shop they want you to use, you have the right to get all the estimates you want and pick your own shop, saying you have you have to pick their shop is BS

mykwikcoupe
12-09-2010, 06:06 PM
the cost to fix is accessed at 1500 using used parts. i will get a few of my own quotes after they tell me what their plan is if its totalled or not. he couldnt give me a value of the car from all the upgrades i have in it. i think the leather sure helps though.

2ndGenGuy
12-09-2010, 06:58 PM
If brand new OEM parts are available, you have every right to demand those. If you can find them do it. You don't HAVE to settle for used or aftermarket parts. Used parts may be a better option, since they'll probably have better fitment, but then they take more work to get prepped. Used is the big thing the insurance companies are pushing now. Tell them to fuck off and that you want good shit.

mykwikcoupe
12-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Im going to see what They say for a value of my car and go from there. Im going to try and get the most possible. That new parts may be an option.

lostforawhile
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Im going to see what They say for a value of my car and go from there. Im going to try and get the most possible. That new parts may be an option.
it may be hard to get OEM body parts, and some of the aftermarket parts I've seen have been inferior thin steel, your best bet on an old high quality car like this, would be to find good used parts, and refinish them, you'll probably come out better because they are OEM, nothing wrong with used steel that needs very minor work

mykwikcoupe
12-11-2010, 01:12 PM
They came up with a cost to fix of $1500, I got a parts list of $900 with a wholesale deal. Im going to make them buy me new parts, I want to get as much from them as possible, take the cash and fix it myself. Ive been looking for local shops that do good paint jobs on the side with cash deals.

charliekuney
12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
GAH, your phone is lame! So, after it hung up on me the second time, I was ranting:

The '88 sedan's hood, fender, and headlight bucket are also in great shape. I'll call tomorrow to see how much they want for them and the bumper. Also, I don't need new tires just yet so I'll have more money to spend. Thirdly, I will call the guy back about the other hatch and see what the mileage and condition is.

lostforawhile
12-13-2010, 06:07 PM
it's too bad you are so far from Orange California, that hatch is for sale on ebay for 100 bucks. it would have everything you need plus spare parts. do you still need to fix these lights? or do you want to look at the ones on the car charlie is talking about? it might be easier to get those then ship lights cross country

mykwikcoupe
12-13-2010, 08:16 PM
lost, is that sig your yard?

Charlie, if you think the fenders, hood bumper are ready to bolt unpainted I would probably get them. If they have any damage what so ever Ill just take the bumper as long as the price is right. I like how the lights are still in good shape. I feel bad updating the front end though. Not too bad since its getting the JDM 88-89 corners and the vigor grill to match. Toss in the newly refurbished carbon fiber hood and it'll look smoking. Im still not sure on those Z3 fenders. 3rdgenlxi and bullard are the only ones I can think of rocking them. I like them but don't want the car to come across as a ricer. Nice, subtle and aggressive.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me charlie. If you want that black interior let me know. Itll look great against that SSM ext. It is the DX interior though.

lostforawhile
12-13-2010, 08:26 PM
lost, is that sig your yard?

Charlie, if you think the fenders, hood bumper are ready to bolt unpainted I would probably get them. If they have any damage what so ever Ill just take the bumper as long as the price is right. I like how the lights are still in good shape. I feel bad updating the front end though. Not too bad since its getting the JDM 88-89 corners and the vigor grill to match. Toss in the newly refurbished carbon fiber hood and it'll look smoking. Im still not sure on those Z3 fenders. 3rdgenlxi and bullard are the only ones I can think of rocking them. I like them but don't want the car to come across as a ricer. Nice, subtle and aggressive.

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me charlie. If you want that black interior let me know. Itll look great against that SSM ext. It is the DX interior though.thats at the yard here, lots of vintage tin, he hangs on to that stuff. If I had the dough I would love to put a big block in that bread truck and make a novelty drag car out of it

charliekuney
12-13-2010, 09:03 PM
The nicer white sedan is in pretty damn good shape. The only thing I'd worry about pulling and installing is that the pinstripes won't match. ;) I didn't see any dings or dents in the hood or fender or bucket. Even the grill is unscathed.

I didn't have a chance to call the guy with the hatch in your area back. Here's the posting:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/cto/2111330223.html

mykwikcoupe
12-14-2010, 06:52 AM
take super close up pics of the paint on the fenders and hood. ill take headlights bucket on the drivers side, fenders if they are mint. not too worried about the stripes. thanks

mykwikcoupe
12-15-2010, 05:54 PM
yep, they totalled the car. After processing, buying it back and paying my deductable they are sending just over $1300. Since I have nearly all the parts, or Charlie will be helping me locate great used parts, hopefully the cost will be kept down to fix it all. I have a few other plans for the car so a salvaged title doesnt bother me too much. Ill pop the hood soon and see what Im working with. Hope the check shows up quick. Its been a while Ive been driving without a front headlight.

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2010, 05:53 AM
ok just a quick update, the new fender is on, the headlight bucket it on. The bumper still needs to be replaced and Im hating myself for not grabbing the hood. Im going back down tomorrow to get it though. Amazingly enough the only damage to the car is the skins. The core is unharmed and I can find stress cracks, chipped paint or any other signs of damages. I need to remove the pin stripping from the car, it doesnt match the new components anyways.

Im still waiting on my check but with it comes a new windshield, tint all around, new side trim and a bit of other goodies.

I cant decide what headlights I want. I used to have the diamond cut glass housings in chrome and xenon bright white bulbs. Looked amazing. It looks like they still make the housings but with driving lights (city bulbs) now? Im thinking I want HIDS but not the cheapo kit for $70. The next step down from philips I hope I can get for about $150 shipped. I dont want to spend more then $200 on my headlights alone. I still need to grab the rest of the cars bulbs in bright white leds to match as well. Any ideas.