PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the progress camber kit?

RobT5580
12-06-2010, 02:30 PM
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/1986_1989_accord/suspension/camber_kits/progress/prog00038711.html

I was thinking about doing the prelude arm setup but the northeast sucks for finding junkyard cars of this generation. So i was wondering if anyone has seen or used this kit. I have not seen anyone post about it perhaps its because of the steep price tag but it is a whole upper arm. I am skeptical of how adjustable it is looking at the picture?

import racer
12-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Never heard of them,looks like they're for the 4th gen accord.I plan on using the3rd gen prelude arms,they fit without the washers needed on the 2nd gen.Also have a camber kit from my coupe if i need more adjustment.

RobT5580
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
The only thing i could find about the 3rd gen arms are they are not as adjustable as the 2nd gen arms. I do like the fact that you don't need washers but i may need the extra settings since im a bit lower and my camber is way off now.

2ndGenGuy
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Are you worried about tire wear? I've actually heard that most of the tire wear is not due to camber (despite how it might look) but actually due to the change in toe due to the car being lowered. You might just get the toe set, and adjust the camber as equally as possible, and you might be able to enjoy the benefits of the extra camber without the wear. Of course, that all depends on just how much camber we're talking... You may not need a camber kit at all...

2drSE-i
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
From that link, it says it comes in sets of front and rear, so the price may be for both left and right arms. I would hope anyway.

mykwikcoupe
12-06-2010, 06:40 PM
How is that any different from the ingalls kit. You get a new arm but the adjustable piece is still the mounting point just like the ingalls kit. Im using both the 2nd gen lude arms and a set of ingalls. The ingalls has 3 settings so you are limited to a given amount of movement, wether its enough or too much).

The 2nd gen lude arms have a few more adjustments. On my 2nd setup, Im using the lude arms alone. I may have a set of bushings made to replace the washers but even still the same concept. Personally I would chose the lude arms.

w261w261
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I have these. I think they were about $40 each. I'm dropped only an inch with the Eibachs, so they weren't really necessary from that, but the prev owner took a bad hit on the right front and I think moved the mounting points on the top, so I started with an extra 1% negative on that side.

http://www.spcalignment.com/PROD_DIR/SPC_PROD_SEARCH_DYN.cfm?cmd=Cam&cmd2=84600&cmd3=