PDA

View Full Version : rewiring corner lights or front side markers

charliekuney
12-08-2010, 03:56 PM
I have two ideas flowing through my head, I want to know if it's possible and hopefully how to do them. I don't think they'll work in combination, the reason why will be obvious after you read:

1) Wiring the corner lights as [daytime] running/driving lights. If you don't know what those are, Google it. :D

2) Wiring the front side marker so it doesn't flash with the blinker (stupid idea from manufacturers). I think you would have to splice the wires from the side marker to those of the corner light.

Any ideas?

lostforawhile
12-08-2010, 04:03 PM
I have two ideas flowing through my head, I want to know if it's possible and hopefully how to do them. I don't think they'll work in combination, the reason why will be obvious after you read:

1) Wiring the corner lights as [daytime] running/driving lights. If you don't know what those are, Google it. :D

2) Wiring the front side marker so it doesn't flash with the blinker (stupid idea from manufacturers). I think you would have to splice the wires from the side marker to those of the corner light.

Any ideas?why would you want to get rid of the corner marker that flashes? it just helps other drivers know you are turning.with all the idiots out there I would think you would want as much visibility as possible. as far as making it a daytime running lamp, it stays on with the parking lamps anyway, turn on the parking lamps and it stays on unless you are turning. you could put an amber led in the clear portion of the light, it doesn't blink. you just run a new wire from each lamp to an ignition switched source. if you use LEDS you might be able to fit a few high brightness ones in that corner

firefighterwhite89
12-19-2010, 10:33 AM

Any ideas?

Oznium Orange Superflux 4 Chip LEDs!! http://www.oznium.com/prewired-superflux Check 'Em Out. I Use These Alot. Two Of The Pink In My Gauge Cluster Face Lighting(Though It Really Only Needed One). These Boogers Are Really F***ing Bright. They're Only 3$/Try It. I'll Be Replacing My Turn Signals/Parking Lights Soon With These.

There's Also These. They'll Be In My Plastic Headlights Soon Enough To Create The Angel Eye Effect.==>http://www.oznium.com/led-flex-strips

Check Out Their Site. They're Amazing Everytime I Order From Them. They Have Many LED Lighting Formats To Choose From Including Prewired 12v(Already Have Resistor Built In For 12v ac/dc). And They're Shipping Is Speedy. Of The 5 Times I've Ordered From Them, 4 Out Of 5 Times, I Had The Package In The Mail The Next Day. And That's Shipping From Colorado To Alabama! And Their Customer Service Is 5 Star Too.

247shuer247
08-18-2012, 06:11 AM
looking for led lights will these replace all of my current ones?

lostforawhile
08-18-2012, 08:50 AM
looking for led lights will these replace all of my current ones?

if you install LED turn signal bulbs be sure to change your flasher to an electronic one or they won't flash right

2ndGenGuy
08-18-2012, 09:35 AM
^ This. You will get the ricer "fast flash."

import racer
08-18-2012, 05:14 PM
Can you use an electronic flasher if you don't have leds,I have a couple kicking around all though they are round not square.

lostforawhile
08-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Can you use an electronic flasher if you don't have leds,I have a couple kicking around all though they are round not square.

yea the electronic ones just replace the old flasher that heated up

247shuer247
08-21-2012, 04:37 AM
if you install LED turn signal bulbs be sure to change your flasher to an electronic one or they won't flash right

LOST i have never used one of those... what is an electronic flasher ?
and where can i find one ?