PDA

View Full Version : Electrical problem, Please help!

tyrandan2
12-09-2010, 12:32 AM
First off: I have a 1989 Accord LX. Carb'd obviously
Okay. So umm... Where to start...
My radio doesn't turn on when the key is in the 3rd position (running?) But it works fine when the key is in the 2nd position (on?)
SOMETIMES my Heat will work in the On position, but it never does in the Running position.

Aaaand my Heater and my Radio always work/don't work together. if one works, the other does. If one doesn't, the other doesn't.

I mean, What the crap? Is my car possessed lol. I went under the dash and checked connections... they seem fine. I checked fuses, they be alright too.
I mean, I don't know what to do next. Can someone please help me? Might seem trivial but I need my heat workign badly lol, this 15 degree weather is almost literally freezing my hands to the steering wheel. Is there a short? Maybe a loose connection somewhere else? Bad heater core (I think not, what does that have to do with the radio?)? Can one of you experts point me in the right direction?

And yes, search AND my haynes manual yielded nothing.

ghettogeddy
12-09-2010, 12:59 AM
did you check the fuses under the hood as well
or just the ones in the cabin

2oodoor
12-09-2010, 10:34 AM
sounds like ignition switch , contacts inside need some attention

tyrandan2
12-09-2010, 12:29 PM
sounds like ignition switch , contacts inside need some attention

Hmm, is it something I could do myself? I am a bit experienced with electronics and wiring/soldering etc.

tyrandan2
12-09-2010, 12:29 PM
did you check the fuses under the hood as well
or just the ones in the cabin

Both :P

lostforawhile
12-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Both :P

i have one Vanilla sky just sent me, I didn't need it after all, PM me and I'll see about sending it to you, I think it's the switch. I would rather someone who desperately needs it has it then have it sit on my shelf. it's really easy to replace, two screws or small bolts hold it to the back of the mechanical switch, and it plugs into the fusebox. no charge on the switch itself you can send me five bucks for the flat rate box