PDA

View Full Version : Canadian vs. American Vac. Adv. Emissions?

firefighterwhite89
12-09-2010, 03:45 PM
Is There Much Of A Difference In Between The American A20A3 And The Canadian A20A4 Vacuum Advance Diaphragms That Go On The TD01N Dizzy?
I Know Emissions For Different Countries Is So Different.

Either Way, I Have A New Vacuum Advance Diaphragm For The TD01N Dizzy...But It's For The Canadian A20 w/PGMFI w/Manual Trans. It'll Fit Fine And Everything, But Its The Only One O'Reillys Can Source For My 86' Lxi w/MT+PGMFI New. I'm Still Going To Use It, I Was Just Wondering If There Was An Advance/Retard Difference As Your Rise Than One For A US Model.:bong:

charliekuney
12-09-2010, 03:55 PM
Us Americans is retarded.

Hope that helps.

firefighterwhite89
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
Us Americans is retarded.

Hope that helps.

Eh, Yes, But In The Manual, I Noticed A Lot Of Difference In Between Just The Auto/Manual _F.I./Carbed...The Difference's In How Far They Retarded etc. Was Interesting, Which Has Me Wondering The Difference Between The US/Canadian Versions...I Don't Really Think There'll Be Much Of A Difference Though. Wouldn't Canada Get The European Versions?

charliekuney
12-09-2010, 09:50 PM
Canada and Europe had the A20A2/4. Exactly the same engines as the A20A1/3, but the 2/4 do not have emissions components. I think the only difference is the added parts which make the 1/3 emit less and have less horsepower. I'm sure timing and the mechanics are the same.

firefighterwhite89
12-09-2010, 10:14 PM
Canada and Europe had the A20A2/4. Exactly the same engines as the A20A1/3, but the 2/4 do not have emissions components. I think the only difference is the added parts which make the 1/3 emit less and have less horsepower. I'm sure timing and the mechanics are the same.

That's Exactly What I Needed To Know. Thank You So Much.