PDA

View Full Version : One more question on konis....

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 10:20 AM
Jim, or whoever. I am about to go home an hour and install these konis. I however do not know what that silver ring is for. Are there any other parts that I need to be careful with or do anything extra with? What in the hell is the what looks like a spring mount for? Its hard for me to know since I forget how my suspension looks in general. (did it the first time over a year ago).

So, throw some last pointers......its koni time kids!

Nate.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-11-2002, 10:42 AM
If it's the part I think it is, it sit's on the metal ring on each sturt to make the spring perch more substanchil(ms)

As far as the other parts, you'll see what you need to use once you get your suspension apart.

Remember it's really important that the allen wrench you use at the top of the struts be a really super good fit.

pearldrop
10-11-2002, 10:47 AM
I don't know if you guys have tried this but I know quite a few people who have gotten different perches for the bottom that lets the spring sit just a little bit lower. I think the civic perches on koni struts will give an extra inch of drop. That is a consideration for people who want just a little more.

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 02:01 PM
Im fucking STUCK. My car is ripped to shreads, im typing with greasy hands and im pissed off. I dont have an allen wrench the size of the weapon R coilover perches!!!!

Ah shit im going nuts, I cant find one for the life of me. My project is halted :(

Nate.

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 03:38 PM
One side is in!! I took it for a test drive, kind of hard to tell the difference in a less then mile drive. Just wanted to make sure that they didnt go flying or anything :). Now for the other side, good bye shitty tokicos!

I also replaced the sway bar bushings, thats actually pretty simple.

Nate.