PDA

View Full Version : new guy from washington D.C.

hinchoDC
12-15-2010, 03:29 AM
i remember when i was 18 i had 200 hundred to ma name nd i was walkin in maryland tryna look for a car.... all on ma mind was im not going to find anything for two hundred dollars :sad2: ... nd was tryna find this honda ma dad was talking about... i found this 89 lx 4 door rusted bad.. so i call a tow truck friend took it to ma house nd da work beings... ma dad put like a grand in her but still didnt pass inspection or emissions... soo with luck nd good friends nd a little more money i passed... put a remote start 2 way pager on her nd started to paint inside like the dash doors ect. but i had to get rid of the car... ma towtruck friend took a look under the car nd told me i cant drive this car anymore cuz it was so rusted that he was wondering how the car didnt split in half on me.. soo i got a 98 accord... crashed that... thats what happeneds when you dont pay attention while your driving... so i was bmw for a year that means "bus,metro,walk"... bought a 95 civic 90 accord 92 civic nd a ford traurs.. but didnt have money to get tags on all of them... i get cars super cheap... but i didnt keep any of them when i found out i was having a baby at 19... so im 21 now got ma hands on a 86 lx-i 5 speed 4 door nd here i am...

Nafs Asdf
12-15-2010, 03:58 AM
I remember when i was 18 i had 200 hundred to my name and i was walkin in maryland looking for a car. All on my mind was I'm not going to find anything for two hundred dollars, and was trying to find this honda my dad was talking about. I found this 89 lx 4 door rusted bad, so I called a tow truck friend who took it to my house and the work began.

My dad put like a grand in her but it still didn't pass inspection or emissions. Soo with luck and good friends and a little more money it passed, put a remote start 2 way pager on her and started to paint inside like the dash doors ect. but i had to get rid of the car.

My towtruck friend took a look under the car and told me i cant drive this car anymore because it was so rusted that he was wondering how the car didnt split in half on me. So i got a 98 accord, crashed that. Thats what happens when you dont pay attention while your driving, so i was bmw for a year that means "bus, metro, walk".

Bought a 95 civic, 90 accord, 92 civic and a Ford Taurus but didn't have money to get tags on all of them. I get cars super cheap, but i didnt keep any of them when i found out i was having a baby at 19. So im 21 now got my hands on a 86 lx-i 5 speed 4 door and here I am...

Fixed (I had serious troubles understanding your text), and welcome.

hinchoDC
12-15-2010, 04:09 AM
Im used to texting so thank you for taking the time to decode that. So hope I get the chance to learn a lot from you guys at 3geez. -Jose

Dr_Snooz
12-15-2010, 06:20 PM
Welcome Jose! Sounds like you've had a pretty eventful life. We have you covered on the car thing, so just focus on raising your kid right. And post pics of your car soon.

hinchoDC
12-19-2010, 06:24 AM
yea im trying my best to be the best father to my son. i still dont know how to post pics, it doesnt let me. but i will soon i hope.

Dr_Snooz
12-19-2010, 09:05 AM
yea im trying my best to be the best father to my son. i still dont know how to post pics, it doesnt let me. but i will soon i hope.

It should work now.

hinchoDC
01-23-2012, 02:45 AM
man do i have bad luck i crashed the lx-i. my seat belt didn't work so i hit my head on the steering wheel. i had a post concussion. lost my mind so about two weeks, i couldnt even remember how to get to work. well when i came to i bought a 98 civic 4 door 5speed and i hated it!! so i sold it and found a se-i door 5speed for 300 and thats what a have now. but this car is trashed leather seats are ripped bad engine just a beater! but i got her running real nice now!

ThePhantum
01-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Welcome from Virginia, Home town Washington D.C.:cool: Hope you like it on here!!

obdriver6
01-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Oh man that sucks but I'm glad nothing worst happened. What are your plans?

hinchoDC
01-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Well the junk yard around my way is charging 100 for any engine and tranny less than 100. and i dont really find integra's or any B engine but what i do see everywhere is J series engines and many less than 120K miles. i have a friend that does custom work to cars and i could ask him to make me some mounts for the swap and axles but i dont know what else i need to do the swap i ask around but no one knows anything. i will love a complete list of EVERYTHING i need. if they can fit them engines in tiny civics i know it could fit in my engine bay

obdriver6
01-25-2012, 08:43 PM
An j swap would be so COOL and if you do it, you would be the first one!!!

hinchoDC
01-27-2012, 04:19 AM
really? you think it will be hard?

obdriver6
01-27-2012, 09:58 PM
I'm not saying is impossible but be ready spend a lot of $$$$ and time!

hinchoDC
01-28-2012, 06:37 AM
it will be the same with any engine im guessing. well doesnt hurt to try

obdriver6
02-02-2012, 02:14 PM
it will be the same with any engine im guessing. well doesnt hurt to try

No, it doesn't but good luck!