PDA

View Full Version : Something To Think About

89LXiCoupe
10-11-2002, 10:50 AM
Well, I don't know if this is old news, but I guess I should post it. Whether your car has an alarm or not, if you really wanna try and keep your car from being stolen, you might wanna think about taking the starter or ignition fuse. It should be in the fuse box under the hood (not too sure though cuz I haven't check mine). Anyways, I learned this from an old roommate of mine. It's a hassel to take the fuse out and put the fuse back in, but I think it's worth it, especially if you don't have an alarm. Cuz think about it. When people steal cars, they're scared as hell and they won't take the time to think but get the car started. It's just something to think about for the security of your car.

smufguy
10-13-2002, 08:46 PM
ur idea is pretty good, but the thing is, we have a main fuse and not a fuse seperate for the starter. so if u wanna take out that fuse what u can do is open the hood, and unsrew that 30 or 40 amp main fuse out of the box, every time u go to bed na dput it back every time u wanna drive ur car. the other thing u can do is. Hot wire it.

get a high amp switch that directly connects bwt the starter positive terminal and the battery via ur ignition key. have the switch either under ur seat, or passenger seat. or beside the glovebox (inside) or wherever u choose. so everytime u wanna drive ur car, flip that switch and turn the key ur good to go.

but if someone tries to hot wire ur ignition wires, ur car wont start, cause the switch bridges directly from the ignition wire and the starter to the battery. so no matter what he tries, he cant get the car moving unless he finds that switch.

the other hightech u can do is, get a electronic pad key switch where u punch in a code to get the electronic key to lock and unlock. that would be fun. but it has its own probs.

dXsquared
10-13-2002, 09:18 PM
my alarm has a microphore that can be programed to say any thing you can. i had it sayin FUCK OFF... GET UR OWN CAR! then i saw some kids hit it and they heard it yell fuck!!! then i stopped swearin.
Travis

inflikti0n
10-14-2002, 11:21 PM
rofl!!!! , and smurf.. that sounds like a good damn idea man