PDA

View Full Version : putting together suspension order, help me if I forgot something

mykwikcoupe
12-20-2010, 09:12 PM
My 87 hatchback is getting up there in age. Although the body is getting a reconditioning I need to make sure the rest of it doesnt fall apart on me. The steering wheel pulses like crazy while driving but smooths out when under acceleration. Im not sure which ball joint or tie rod end it is so I figured since they all have 280k on it, I better eplace them all. Im also planning on replacing as many parts with poly as I can. The numbers for those are everywhere but just to be sure Im going to include them in my list at the bottom of the page.

A few things Im unsure on,
I would like to redo my spring seats, are these part of the tophat (should I just order top hats from Honda) or something seperate I can order

Im going to order the strut top bushings that supports the strut as it passes through the top hat, is this one of the poly mounts?

Which rear upper control arm is best for lowered vehicles?

Should I go with a rear sway bar and if so which one?

On any of the kits from prothane, do I need to order more then one kit to do the car?

Anyways, onto the order

From summitracing.com
bushing end link set 8-401
strut rod bushing 8-1201 (are these for the top hats)
lower control arm bushing 8-201
front shock bushing kit 8-907
moog tie rod 719-es20955
shock mount kit 719-k9492 (are these the same as one of the poly kits)
Moog lower control arm ball joints
addco rear sway bar aco-379
Moog prelude front upper ball joints for 2nd gen arm swap
which adjustable rear upper control arm?
Radius rod bushings?

Im going to be converting to rear discs and doing the AEM 12in front and rear brake kit at the same time. Ive got stainless lines and new pads. If anyone has anything to add let me know. Again I want the suspension and brakes to be like new because they are.

Bglad420
12-20-2010, 09:27 PM
i wouldn't recommend the addco rear sway bar. From my personal experience with it, It's not designed properly for these cars. I installed mine no reall issues. Then noticed a clunking noise checked it out and the brackets that mount it to the LCA's bent in half. So addco sent me new ones. Causing the endlinks to bend. Then finally I heard another clunking about 6 months after having it on. (Thought it was my shock) To find out the sway bar had ripped itself clean out of the frame.

Bglad420
12-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Also I have a complete set of the 8-312 Rear LCA bushings new that I never got around to installing if your interested. I have some pics of how to install them in the stock sleeves so all you would have to do is burn out the old bushing and dremel out the edges to get them to fit.

86AccordLxi
12-20-2010, 11:40 PM
$20 for my vigor rear sway bar!

Come grab it.

Xaisk
12-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Youll love the way it feels when you change out your ball joints. Also it makes the incesant squeal go away when you turn your wheel or push down on the front of the car.

I would pick up his vigor sway bar before taking some aftermarket stuff. He is putting it out for a great deal too. Would get it myself but im broke as (#@# from being jobless.

2drSE-i
12-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Strut rod bushings are for your radius rods.

mykwikcoupe
12-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Nearly $400 later, the parts have been ordered and on their way. Theres a few that may take a bit longer to get here.