PDA

View Full Version : newbiee looking 4 performance parts & full swap w/auto tranny!

DjLatinson
12-22-2010, 11:08 AM
sup 3geez peoples! i got a 88 honda accord lx sedan that im turnin into a performance machine!, if any1 has a vtec or non-vtec, k-series, or b-series engine with a auto tranny (or a full auto swap that can fit my car), racing wheels, rims (14 or 15inch white polished sunflower, retracks, spoke..etc are preferred), wiring harness, ECU, body kits, bucket seats (front & back seats), black interior (carpet, dashboard, etc) suspension, lowering springs, shock/struts, racing rotory discs, braking systems, rear brake drum to disc conversion kits and anything else to not only make this a fast vehicle but also look good, pm me with what you got! But u gotta be in the NJ area!!! I'm not goin out of state for parts!! Unless you have a good bargain!

3geez can u help this brand spanking noob!

wh1skea
12-22-2010, 05:01 PM
what are sunflowers?

DjLatinson
12-22-2010, 06:33 PM
sunflower rims are a type of rim that's available for honda's and acura's.....

ShyBoyCA6
12-22-2010, 07:43 PM
everything that you listed can be searched on here...

DjLatinson
12-22-2010, 08:26 PM
really, where exactly? if u dnt mind me asking...

charliekuney
12-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Hidden in the depths of th-

Search button. Located at the top-right corner. You can find just about anything under "advanced search".

2ndGenGuy
12-22-2010, 10:56 PM
Auto tranny? Performance tip #1, swap to a 5 speed. :)

DjLatinson
12-23-2010, 04:07 AM
ok thanks!

DjLatinson
12-23-2010, 04:09 AM

i have to keep the car automatic because, then im passing my car off to my brother......

2oodoor
12-23-2010, 04:31 AM

bah,,half true but I concur

if he had a full swap the auto would have been designed for the increased power so once installed in a light little 3rd Gen hey it will be quick enough.. but for full race and performance driving yep a five speed, better yet six speed if youre doing a K

like typical noob fashion op has to find out the tremendous expense and skill level needed to do this kind of thing, you could just buy something already running good and come out ahead, way ahead.. unless youre very resourcefull and have years of experience in all aspects of wheeled metal like me

Pico
12-23-2010, 04:47 AM
ok I'm subscribed to see where this goes.

DjLatinson
12-23-2010, 05:47 AM
bah,,half true but I concur

if he had a full swap the auto would have been designed for the increased power so once installed in a light little 3rd Gen hey it will be quick enough.. but for full race and performance driving yep a five speed, better yet six speed if youre doing a K

like typical noob fashion op has to find out the tremendous expense and skill level needed to do this kind of thing, you could just buy something already running good and come out ahead, way ahead.. unless youre very resourcefull and have years of experience in all aspects of wheeled metal like me

Well tru, I jus came into this Honda world so I'm new to this stuff. So my bad for not knowing so much about all this stuff... But I am learning....

stat1K
12-23-2010, 07:17 AM
dude, k-swaps bolt in with no modification at all. if you'd search you would know that.

i personally have a k26 in my accord, it's also turbo with a stage 5 kit. i'd be willing to bet you could find the same type of swap for around only 800 bucks up there in NJ. I picked mine up from a shop in brick.

good luck, these cars are awesome with a 2.6l and turbo!

gp02a0083
12-23-2010, 07:59 AM
yah you have to travel up to north nj to actually find something decent. There isnt much around here in the central part of nj. I think I know the shop in brick you are talking about , is it off of RT 70 and Rt 9 ?

still even so if the engine "bolts in" you have alot to worry about with the axles and transmission linkage. Not to mention the wiring part of the swap...

2drSE-i
12-23-2010, 10:06 AM
dude, k-swaps bolt in with no modification at all. if you'd search you would know that.

i personally have a k26 in my accord, it's also turbo with a stage 5 kit. i'd be willing to bet you could find the same type of swap for around only 800 bucks up there in NJ. I picked mine up from a shop in brick.

:lol:

Legend_master
12-23-2010, 10:38 AM

Where is the sarcasm button :lol: .

stat1K
12-23-2010, 11:17 AM
no lie dude, shit's ill.

if you don't believe me you can come see for yourself man, me and that dude with the sick h22 swap will show you what's up. it's not like you've ever swapped anything legend, psht. shits weak.

2oodoor
12-23-2010, 11:36 AM
yah you have to travel up to north nj to actually find something decent. There isnt much around here in the central part of nj. still even so if the engine "bolts in" you have alot to worry about with the axles and transmission linkage. Not to mention the wiring part of the swap...

I think you can use a 94 mustang to get the base fox body clip to make this a turn key swap. Good luck finding one because there hardly any in the junkyard.

charliekuney
12-23-2010, 03:06 PM
i have to keep the car automatic because, then im passing my car off to my brother......

If you're going to put this much money and effort into building a car for him, why don't you teach him to drive a stick as well?

lostforawhile
12-23-2010, 04:15 PM

good luck, these cars are awesome with a 2.6l and turbo!:rolleyes:

wh1skea
12-24-2010, 07:49 AM
quote:

what are sunflowers?

Yeah, maybe I shoulda googled that before I posted. Either way, wasn't familiar with what they were.

charliekuney
12-25-2010, 01:15 AM
Yeah, maybe I shoulda googled that before I posted. Either way, wasn't familiar with what they were.

I quoted you because it made me laugh. I thought you meant the flowers. I thought the OP meant the flowers, too...

mushroom_toy
12-25-2010, 03:26 PM
Not sunflowers....watanabe style wheels.

wh1skea
12-27-2010, 05:47 AM

That would be sick.

-DWM-
01-06-2011, 07:36 PM

The generic term I always hear for those is "banana spokes."