spertnick
10-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Which tails look best?

Neuspeed87lx
10-11-2002, 11:28 AM
i think it depends on the color of the car ..but i like all red

RobT5580
10-11-2002, 11:52 AM
I would like Clear/Red the most. I think they look good and they are legal too.

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 12:08 PM
I'm all for the Semi-Clear Tail Lights like what I made on my Accord and what I'm gonna make for anyone who wants them.
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/DSCF0619.jpg

markmdz89hatch
10-11-2002, 12:09 PM
hey MSI, i'm curious to see what you can do for me for my hatch. I have an extra set of tails if you can make something up for me.

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 12:32 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/fe7cd6d8/bc/The+3rd+Gen+Era/Projects/Semi-ClearAD.jpg?bcCIsz9A2mpW3D1D
Those are practicly the same as the Hatchbacks. so they will look almost Identical.

BoredRec
10-11-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by MSIAccord_LXi
I'm all for the Semi-Clear Tail Lights like what I made on my Accord and what I'm gonna make for anyone who wants them.

How much? And do you need donor lenses, or do you have a stockpile?

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 01:39 PM
It will cost me 60 bucks to start off, the more orders I get for them the cheaper they will be cause some supplies I can use over and over. and Yes I will need doner lenses or your stock tail lights.

James
10-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Is your car photoshoped there, or are thoes the actual lenses?

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Those are actual Lenses.

James
10-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Do you have any close up pictures of the tail lights. They look good in that picture, but I can't see them very well.

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 03:10 PM
I'll go take one right now for you.

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 03:38 PM
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/DSCF0620.JPG

James
10-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Ok, thanks. They look awsome.. So, I need to send you the amber lenses. You use them to make new lenses right, or do you do something to them to make them like that? Well tahnks.

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 03:59 PM
I make new lenses, I make 2 new lenses, and I'm able to make the tail lights keep the inner clear lense thats behind the amber one that makes the light expand or somethin, thats what I did with mine, if I took that out, you could see the bulb inside just like YASU's. So if you want some, your gonna have to send me the stock tail lights, or the stock amber lenses. I recomend you send me the tail lights cause its a bitch to get the stock lenses off. Very Time Consouming.

88LXiHB
10-11-2002, 04:22 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/fe7cd6d8/bc/The+3rd+Gen+Era/Projects/Semi-ClearAD.jpg?bcCIsz9A2mpW3D1D
Those are practicly the same as the Hatchbacks. so they will look almost Identical.

Actually the lights you posted will not work for the hatches, the outer edge of hatch tails go straight down, the ones above slant forward...keep that in mind ;)

2Fast_Fiero
10-11-2002, 04:25 PM
I know, but what I mean is looks. I dont got a pic of the hatchback tail lights. so since the Aerodecks tail lights look almost Identical. I used the pic I have of them.

87Hybrid
10-12-2002, 07:36 AM
Msi how old are the tails on your car? Just wondering if they have been on there for a long Time because I am wondering about sun dammage, Yellowing of the lense like the headlights on all the old Chryslers.

paintcan
10-12-2002, 08:58 AM
In the red accord picture in your banner the tailights are red then clear, side by side, are these real tailights or something you created on computer,but on the blue car the clear lense is above the red one, taking the amber lenses place? Which of these tails are you able to make. My preference is the side by side on the red car in the banner. Get back to i'de like to send you my lenses so you could start working on them.

2Fast_Fiero
10-12-2002, 12:44 PM
Those are JDM Tail Lights. For Sale on Ebay I belive. I can make both tails, but you'll have to supply each one you want. JDM Tails are expencive cause they are rare. Unless you get them from Ebay. And I did those tail lights on the Silver car about 3 days ago. and I highly doubt they will turn orange.

bobafett
10-17-2002, 10:41 AM
hey i gotta say msi i am very impressed with those lenses.. if i didnt have a hatch i would prolly employ you to make a set for me!

keep it up. :)

Mike89Accordcom
10-17-2002, 06:35 PM
I do like the red/clear, but go with red!

2Fast_Fiero
10-17-2002, 07:10 PM
I can make them for HB too man.

markmdz89hatch
10-18-2002, 08:48 AM
hey MSI, let's see ur talents show through on coupe tails...

...I saw your pic of ur car that you were posting in other areas, but did you actually make those or was that a photo-chop of what you'd like it to look like? If it was actually done to the car, did you doctor that photo up a little, or is that straight from the camera, and not from photochop, from camera.

I just bought a coupe, and it's been deemed my "experimental" honda, so I wanna see ur talents show through.

Let me know.

markmdz89hatch
10-18-2002, 08:50 AM
btw.. i just looked at the pic of the close-up...
looks real...

OK, let it be known that I am actually complimenting MSI for a job VERY well done. Give urself a pat on the back man! I thought this day would never come.

so yeah, let me know if you wanna try and tackle my 88 coupe lenses, and how much you'll want for the whole thing.

PM me so we can keep the thread from getting cluttered up.

military mase
10-22-2002, 04:05 PM
MSI i saw your pic of your lights and was wondering do the lights you got have a better appearance than the ones without the inner lens....also does it give off more light than with or without the inner lens.........by the way the lens are tight as hell!!

johndej
10-22-2002, 05:06 PM
hey, does anyone know how to get the condensation out of your tail lights? mine have gotten kinda cloudy from it (stupid weather)

military mase
10-25-2002, 03:53 PM
hey MSI, i'm tring to figure out where the black sealant was did you paint that black or what i can't really tell.........tring to redo my lights this weekend......i think the lenses would look better in so it won't show the lights...thks!

86accord4dr
10-25-2002, 04:32 PM
man... why if you have such sweet tails, exhaust and okay rims is your paint in such a state?

shit i spray bombed my shit and it came out sweet. although i have a lot of painting experience...

markmdz89hatch
10-26-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by johndej
hey, does anyone know how to get the condensation out of your tail lights? mine have gotten kinda cloudy from it (stupid weather)

Yeah, Johndej--> For the hatchs, we all seem to get condensation in our lenses. There's a actaully 2 things you can do. One option is to buy two new gaskets for your tails. These are the gaskets that go between the back of the taillight housing, and the body of the car. I don't have a clue how much that'll run ya, and cannot guarantee that it will completely solve the problem, mainly b/c there's already some condensation back there.

Your best bet is to take off the taillight, and with a VERY small drill bit (absolutely no more then 1/8" diameter) drill 4 or 5 holes into the bottom of the housing. Make sure you don't hit the bulb, or the outermost layer of the lens. If you do, it'll look like shit. Anyway, that's how I got rid of my condensation. And I believe that's good info mainly b/c the honda dealer told me years ago that that's what they did when a hatch came in b/c of condensated lenses. Let us know your findings.

2Fast_Fiero
10-27-2002, 12:47 AM
Ok, I've been workin around the house lately so I havent had much time online, Those tails are real, those rims are SWEET, and the car has sat in that same spot since the engine blew, it was allways faded, but not that bad. My brother says I should use 10000 grit sanding gel on it, but I think I should sand down the whole car, shave some things, and whenever I can afford it, get a new paint job on it and the wheels. I like the tail lights with the inner lens better, I only would wanna see the bulb if everything inside was crome. and what do you mean black sealant? To seal the new lens's, I used a clear rubbery sealant that my dad had laying around the "Garage" (POS Ugly Shack behind my car that my dad calls a garage) and I guess its working with all the fog, and rain so far there's nothing inside. I haven't been around the car realy. I need to check and see if there is any wetness inside the lights. If anyone wants me to do them tail lights, Email me at [email protected], I'll only do Semi Clears cause they wont cost as much, first order will be more expencive unless I get multiple orders since some of the supplies I can use over and over again. My tails cost me 60 bucks, but now I'm gonna check Lowes and Home Depot for prices on things, things should be cheaper. A few people said they were gonna send me thier tails for me to do, with money. And I haven't recived anything. If you look at YASU's pics of the tails he did, he dont have the inner lens I belive, cause mine look different from his and mine have the inner lens still inside. Well, time for bed. And Thx for the Props. I told you guys I wasn't as bad as you all thought, I'm just going through a hard time right now.

DarknessRS
10-29-2002, 11:53 PM
Come on now, you shouldn't go claming photoshopped taillights as real ones. :stick:

You can tell that they are photoshopped because the reflection on the clear part is in black and white, when it should be colored. Just like how the reflection is on the red part of the taillights.

http://msimaging.netfirms.com/DSCF0620.JPG

DarknessRS
10-30-2002, 12:03 AM
Oh, and i just found that you can see that they were originally amber if you have Windows XP. Just save the files to your HD and view the folder in thumbnail mode, and you'll see the amber in the thumbnails...

Neuspeed007
11-04-2002, 08:02 PM
I'm gonna make for anyone who wants them.
http://msimaging.netfirms.com/DSCF0619.jpg

I WOULD REALLY LIKE FOR YOU TO MAKE ME SOME CLEAR TAILS FOR MY 1989 HONDA ACCORD LX

That is if your still willing too. Could u make me the bottom ones too? how much??

Scotts88WhiteLX-i
11-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Semi-clear is the best. Clear on top red on bottom. What do u need to make em?

89AccordGSR
11-16-2002, 07:40 PM
Hey MSI, have you ever tried making half clear/half red smoked lenses before?

whiteboy
11-17-2002, 03:47 PM
HOLY SHIT !!! DARKNESS RS IS RIGHT THOSE TAILS ARE FAKE !!! FAKE !!!!

:badass:

HOLY SHIT !!! DARKNESS RS IS RIGHT THOSE TAILS ARE FAKE !!! FAKE !!!!

FAKE ! ! ! ! !

Follow his instructions, save the picture to ur computer if you have windows XP and open up your My Pictures folder and look at the picture, dont open it, just look at the thumbnail. WTF is MSIACCORD LYING ? I wanna know So POST UP HERE ASAP MSI ACCORD

Anyone who doubts me, or what i found, jstu DL the pic and look at the thumbnail on ur comp, u can see the top lense is orange all the way across wit a clear reverse light. . . . . .stock photoshopped, i gotta hear this explanation . . . we could be wrong but i highly highly highly doubt it

FAAAAAAAAKE

Jordan :omg: :rolleyes:

PortugalHonda
11-19-2002, 08:03 AM
yea they look pretty sweet

PortugalHonda
11-19-2002, 08:06 AM
if they were real