PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Mexico

Buzo
12-28-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi, my name is Buzo and I am from the north of Mexico, right in the border with the US. My English grammar will never be as an American national one, but hope we could understand each other with some patience from your side :).

I just bought an 88 Accord LX, 4 doors, carb'd. I started fixing stuff per the manuals and information found in this great site. Thanks for accepting me by the way.

This car is each other Controls Engineer dream, I love how the under hood is filled with sensors and actuators everywhere. However I understand things get old and don't longer do what they are supposed to do.

So my project is the following:

1) Try to get all sensors and actuators to work as when the car was new. If I fail ($$$) then,

2) Put a Holley 5212 carb I already have on hand and throw away all the hoses that many people don't like.

prince_frog
12-28-2010, 03:01 PM
welcome

forrest89sei
12-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Welcome to the forum! :wave:

carotman
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Welcome here. I'm sure you'll find all the information you need. Feel free to ask for anything.

ShyBoyCA6
12-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Welcome to the site!

please post some pics of your car :D

Dr_Snooz
12-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Welcome! Those older carbs can be tricky, but I think with patience you can get it running right. So you don't end up throwing away a lot of money, verify that every part is indeed broken before replacing it. The manual has tests for nearly all of them. These cars are remarkably durable so there's probably less to replace than you might think.

Good luck!