PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Happy New Year.

Papillonkeeper
12-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Hi, Papillonkeeper (Max) just purchased a Honda Accord Areodeck EXi Auto in red! Was looking for a car for a run about as my daily car was going to be taken of the road and supercharged, that said I am so happy with my Honda that I am now going to keep it get rid of my (Ford st 500) and get this like mint!
It is a 1989 model have every bit of paper work from original purchase all bills for every bit of work and FSH got 92k miles been lowered aftermarket 15" wheels SS exhaust along with body work that I would describe as B+ very small bit of work to bring up to A+ so going to have it put in a paint shop and sorted early Jan 2011.
Any one point me in the right direction to get a FULL LEATHER INTERIOR that would be a good start, also interseted in engine modifications, so any adive would be good and glad to be a member of this site, many thanks and any advise help send them my way Regards Max:lol::lol:

hondalude86
12-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Damn, sounds like you got a good find really... Good luck with the car!

charliekuney
12-29-2010, 04:42 PM
For the leather interior: There are certain high-end models of the aerodeck that came with leather interiors. If you search for aerodeck there will be pictures and information.

HON-DUH
12-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Hi, Papillonkeeper (Max) just purchased a Honda Accord Areodeck EXi Auto in red! Was looking for a car for a run about as my daily car was going to be taken of the road and supercharged, that said I am so happy with my Honda that I am now going to keep it get rid of my (Ford st 500) and get this like mint!
It is a 1989 model have every bit of paper work from original purchase all bills for every bit of work and FSH got 92k miles been lowered aftermarket 15" wheels SS exhaust along with body work that I would describe as B+ very small bit of work to bring up to A+ so going to have it put in a paint shop and sorted early Jan 2011.
Any one point me in the right direction to get a FULL LEATHER INTERIOR that would be a good start, also interseted in engine modifications, so any adive would be good and glad to be a member of this site, many thanks and any advise help send them my way Regards Max:lol::lol:

You should post some pics up :stick:

Papillonkeeper
01-01-2011, 04:45 AM
Will get some photos up shortly just having a aftermarket radio/cd playert f:rice:itted as no radio when I purchased the old car.
As for Leather interior any one no of any breaker yards round the world that do old Hondas as I no the 3rd Gen cars for the Jap market mostly had full leather interiors well if anybody can shed some light e mail me many thanks Max:slap:

Fedor B.
01-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Hello,
Where are you from?
In Germany there are some full leather Aerodecks left.
I like to buy a second Aerodeck for spare parts, but don't need the interior.

Papillonkeeper
01-01-2011, 10:02 AM
Hello I am in the UK England would be happy to do a deal with you for the leather interior and door cards will pay all costs or I will drive over collect and fit and leave the old one if that would help any way let me no and I will sort somthing MANY THANKS
Max

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2011, 11:38 PM
The leather interiors consist of leather seats (obviously) and door panels in the front and rear with leather inserts. Any leather seats you find will be completely destroyed, but the panels will be in perfect shape. Get the panels and then have your seats redone in full leather by a local shop. You'll probably end up with a better quality interior that way as I suspect only the seat faces got leather at the factory.

And welcome from California!

Papillonkeeper
01-02-2011, 01:49 AM
Hello Dr Snooze.
Thanks for the info and welcome:eatarrow:I have seen some 3rd gen Areodecks with quite good leather interiors, but take on board what you say im not in a rush but would like to get it sorted by April many thanks
Max (Papillonkeeper)

Fedor B.
01-02-2011, 12:51 PM
I'm not buying until late summer, i think.
Have my eye on the german Aerodeck marked, this one is with leather and not to expensive:
http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=134734577
ow, "Alle Bilder zeigen (12)" means, show all pictures.
Picking up a car wil cost me about 4 to 600 euro extra, depending on the distance.
Germany killed a few 100 Aerodecks with a tax refund (cash for clunkers) last year. So not so many left.
Agree with Dr. Snooz, most leather seats are looking far from fresh, the driver's seat in particular.
This german car did 245000 km, thats a lot of sitting.
Did you look into the differences on left and rightside drive?
The seatbelt system is not the same on the left and right seat.

Papillonkeeper
01-03-2011, 04:14 AM
Hello Fedor. Thanks for the reply I might be best having one re trimmed in leather over here but will keep looking if you see a car can you let me no and I will try and bye we might beable to do a deal as im happy to drive over well chat soon and thanks Max (Papillonkeeper)

Fedor B.
01-04-2011, 07:35 AM
We (I) like to see some pictures of your ride!