PDA

View Full Version : 89 lxi did IM Gasket, now no fuel

sh4v3y0urs0ul
12-29-2010, 02:12 PM
I just took my intake manifold off and replaced the gaskets and now I don't get any fuel to the fuel rail. Is there anything that maybe got unplugged that I'm missing? Anything in particular I should check? A fuel pump relay reset or something? I drove it into the garage and everything was working fine. The car has 66k miles on it. The reason I changed the IM gaskets was because it was leaking and caused the idle to lope from 1500-2500, at least some where in that range. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Oldblueaccord
01-01-2011, 11:07 AM
I really can't think of anything off the top of my head. You may have to turn the key on/off a few more times to get everything to prime up.

There's a test port on the fuel filter to check the pressure. If you don't think the fuel pump is running there a small round hatch you can pull and test it there for voltage.

wp

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Exactly how many new swear words did you invent while doing that repair? Check fuses, main relay and fuel pressure. I would say be prepared for the main relay to be a real mother, but you just did the intake gasket. The main relay will be a piece of cake compared to that.

The manual (available here (http://honda.roadpwnage.com/manuals/pages/usdm-accord-1989-full.php)) has a troubleshooting section for no-start conditions starting on p. 12-56. Work through it and you'll find your problem. Please come back and post when you find it.

AccordB20A
01-02-2011, 12:59 PM
theres a ground wire from the wiring loom that bolts to the intake manifold. make sure its bolted up tight, this is a main ground for the pgmfi

Ichiban
01-02-2011, 01:43 PM
theres a ground wire from the wiring loom that bolts to the intake manifold. make sure its bolted up tight, this is a main ground for the pgmfi

Yeah, I was just thinking of this before I saw your post. I believe it grounds the injector resistors, you won't have any injector activity period without this connected properly.

Also, how did you verify no fuel at the fuel rail? It's possible you have fuel but disconnected injectors somehow, meaning engine still gets no fuel. There's far more likely causes of this where you were working than of the fuel pump wiring being disturbed.

1987AccordLx-i
01-07-2011, 01:39 PM

+1 on the grounds... you might have left something off... check EVERY connection that goes on the manifold... i left one off during an engine swap and it didnt wanna start

JDMPrelude23
01-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Im having the same problem!! I cleaned out each fuel injector and spark plug and still... Ima look at that manual book though and see what i can find.. that ground wire sounds like it could be a problem. Im replace it with a thicker guage wire

Demon1024
01-30-2011, 03:49 AM
make sure you plugged the resistor back in too.....

+1 on ground wire. right in front of where the loom goes into the plastic shield