PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

mcqueen
12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
Hi there! Sorry i haven't been able to update pics or anything with my accord because i haven't found a jobin the year. I haven't done anything with the car. I'm having a cople of problems with it. First, the carburetor gets empty if the car is left without using it for a couple of days. Has anyone had that problem? Maybe some faulty part or a carburetor that its material went like with pores?

The other problem is that the car sometimes develop a change in RPM's. In idle it is usually ok but sometimes it kinds of wobbles (goes down and up, kind of from 600 to 1100 rpm idle).

I cannopt buy a new or second hand carburetor because i don't have that much money now and we do not have junkers (used cars here are still quite expensive)

Thanks everyone for the help and a happy new year to you all.

Dr_Snooz
12-30-2010, 08:06 PM
I would say it's sitting too much. If you don't drive a car, it will quickly turn to crap. Start driving it daily and it will do much better.

rideordie12
12-30-2010, 11:18 PM
So what is it actually suposed to idle at cause my 83 idles between 1250 when warm and 2g when cold??

2ndGenGuy
12-31-2010, 12:24 AM
$2300 for that wagon? DAMN that orange paint is hot too. DO WANT!

charliekuney
12-31-2010, 01:17 AM
John, what are you talking about?

2ndGenGuy
12-31-2010, 11:07 AM
WTF I didn't post that in this thread... That was supposed to go in the 1gee Craigslist thread...

mcqueen
01-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the answers, even though some orange paint was mentioned. I can't drive the car daily, i have no where to go and we have local restrictions on car mobility. And it idles when the car is already warm, should have stated that clear, sorry.

Ichiban
01-01-2011, 12:52 PM
Try some fresh gas, filling the tank completely and adding some fuel stabilizer. Leaving little air space in the fuel tank reduces volatilizing of lighter components of the fuel, and more importantly reduces the area available for condensation of water. Keeping the fuel fresh and free of water goes a long way to carburetor maintenance.

My 82 with the carb idled poorly until warmed up fully, and even when hot and the choke off, it could idle well or not at all, depending on the day. I just lived with it, as it still drove fine. Eventually swapped to EFI.

Dr_Snooz
01-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Eventually swapped to EFI.

That's the real answer to carburetor problems right there.

mcqueen
01-05-2011, 06:33 AM
Ichiban, thanks for the answer. Actually in the shop they loan me a carburetor and no problems, so it is possible that it is in the base. I would love to have EFI but it probably cost around 1000 usd here (a programmable one, haven't heard of others) so it is easier to get a new weber kit and for the moment i have no $ for either.

Hondaccord82
01-06-2011, 03:28 PM
in my 82 Accord HB i've experienced that, usually the up and down of the RPM was a Vacuum leak and for the Carb, for it being empty, check the floats/seals/gas line and adjust the levels. it's actually an easy fix if you know how to work on a carb.