PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a used speedometer cable from the junkyard?

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-11-2002, 12:56 PM
Trying to fix this car up slowly and as economically as possible...can i get one from the junkyard? or is this one of those things where I HAVE to buy it new....my current speedo cable is ripped in half

thanks

AZmike
10-11-2002, 01:16 PM
A junk one would at least get yours reading again and be nice and cheap. It may wobble a bit at low speeds though. I'd say go ahead and give it a try.

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-11-2002, 01:32 PM
what the heck...a wobble in the spedo....hey better than getting a speeding ticket since i can't see how fast i am going!

ACCORD EX
10-12-2002, 09:14 AM
yes you can ! :)

MIKE

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-12-2002, 04:00 PM
$5 today...you know i am happy

BoredRec
10-13-2002, 01:18 AM
It's nice to see someone is actually spending their money fixing their car's problems instead of buying aftermarket shit that won't do anything to help the car (like me).

My 89 Accord Lxi
10-13-2002, 05:35 PM
mind speedometer works but that is the only thing up there that works besides the gas thing nothing else reads it dont even light up anymore

GhEtTo 88 HB DX 5spd
10-13-2002, 05:48 PM
he he on that comment about fixing up the car...actually I used to be on the other side of the fence, throwing everything at my cars to make them go faster or look sleeker...etc, but since my horrible divorce and resultant bad credit I was thrown into this car literally...the mass transportation system here is horrible and i got tired of taking the bus. Now a friend of mine at work sold me this car for $400. When I got it I hated. I always hated Hondas as I always figured that they were for your average person and that the owners where total snots. Now within this relatively small group, my questions are answered quickly and the tech support is beyond comparison. I appreciate everyone's efforts here and although i can't always thank all of you one at a time since my head is screwed on backwards...I would like to do so now. This car is great and is the perfect mule to add unthinkable minute replacement parts to just to survive. I will do my best to help you all out with feedback and information.

Thanks guys:smokin: