PDA

View Full Version : Coilcovers

Salo_89_Accord
01-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Trying to find some name brand coil covers and i haven't found a set that carries for 89 accord lx, i wanted to know what other coil covers would fit a 89 accord lx or if someone could help me look for some.
No ebay cheap piece of craps that cost like $30.
You can look for them on ebay but have to be a name brand any kind
No more than $250.
EDIT: I decided to go with lowering springs. Full coilover sets to much $$$.

charliekuney
01-04-2011, 07:08 PM
There's a thread dedicated to Craigslist/eBay parts, and a whole section dedicated to people selling parts. Try those.

I doubt anyone is going to use their own time looking for you.

Salo_89_Accord
01-05-2011, 03:19 PM
There's a thread dedicated to Craigslist/eBay parts, and a whole section dedicated to people selling parts. Try those.
"Before asking anything, check the FAQ and use the search function"
Wouldn't of made this thread if i had found some topic or found it in that topic bout coilcovers. Thanks anyways.

I doubt anyone is going to use their own time looking for you.
I really didn't mean to sound like i said somebody go look for them. Just wondered if anyone has some or have had some to help me. Not trying to sound pushy :( .

Jajle
01-05-2011, 03:59 PM
Are you referring to coilover suspension? If so, I doubt you'll find full-bodied coilovers for under $250. Although if you're lucky you might be able to find some coilover sleeves for under that. If a cheap lower is what you're going for, look at the Pre-1990 Accord Related, and I think you might find a deal!

88lxi-shortram
01-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Ground control makes Coilover sleeves for like 300 o think

charliekuney
01-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I really didn't mean to sound like i said somebody go look for them. Just wondered if anyone has some or have had some to help me. Not trying to sound pushy :( .

Haha, kk.

Wasn't sure if you were asking people to look for the parts for you while you sit back and relax.

Salo_89_Accord
01-05-2011, 08:22 PM
Haha, kk.

Wasn't sure if you were asking people to look for the parts for you while you sit back and relax.
Nah im not like that :rofl:

Vanilla Sky
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM
The only "name brand" sleeve coilovers we have are the Ground Controls. The only full bodied coilovers are overprice for the quality. We do have a good deal of lowering springs available, but you still have to find a good strut for any of them, and the only good struts you can get these days are Tokicos and KYBs, which can't deal with the firmer springs, and Bilstein HDs, which have to be revalved and are pretty expensive.

If you look up a user by the name of Legend_master, you'll find the best way to a set of inexpensive coilovers.

Salo_89_Accord
01-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Ok i decided to go with lowering springs. Can't afford the full suspension coilovers at the moment. Im going to go with tokico shocks and some kind of lowering springs.

turabaka
01-06-2011, 04:11 PM
I've still got my tokico/sprint setup for sale. They're 2.25 inch drop. Shocks are basically brand new. They've got maybe 3000 miles on them tops. Looking to get 225 shipped for them if you're interested.

Salo_89_Accord
01-06-2011, 04:25 PM
I've still got my tokico/sprint setup for sale. They're 2.25 inch drop. Shocks are basically brand new. They've got maybe 3000 miles on them tops. Looking to get 225 shipped for them if you're interested.
Sent pm :thumbup: