PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know b20a86lude's #?

ACE_14
01-08-2011, 07:21 PM
Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you out there know b20a86luse's phone number. I bought that "Super At Trans" from him and it's giving me nothing but problems and I haven't even strarted the car yet.

He said it was an A20 trans, and at first look it looked like it, but when my mechanic went to install it we found out it's not. I had bought a new Torque Converter for it and it wouldn't fit. So my mechanic found one and had to have it rebuilt. Axles that b20a86lude sent me were so bad, my mechanic had to get new ends to Frankinstein them for a custom to fit. Then the starter doesn't fit, he found an old one and is having it rebuilt. All the things that my mechanic has had to do is costing me an arm and a leg and it's taking forever to get done. This should have been a simple swap of Transmissions.

My mechanic thinks that the Trans is from like a 2nd Gen. Accord or something. Right now I'm just hoping that the Trans runs like b20a86lude said it would and that I didn't just put $600 into a paper weight. That's not including what I paid him and for the first Toque Converter.

So if any of you out there has his number, PLEASE give it to me, cause I really want to talk to him about this.

Thanks guys.

ACE_14
01-09-2011, 08:55 AM
I was looking at the Engine Spec Thread that lostforawhile put up and if that's all correct, then b20a86lude may have sold me a Trans from an ET2 Engine, not an A20. Which would REALLY SUCK because he lied then. I still haven't heard from him and I PM'd him days ago. I'll send him some more e-mails. I'm not too happy with what's going on with this Trans.

2drSE-i
01-09-2011, 08:58 AM
that blows dude....I hope its not true but it sure sounds like it.

mykwikcoupe
01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Yeah I wouldnt recommend buying anything from him. I bought a genuine JDM B20a flywheel that turned out to be a standard usdm 2nd gen flywheel. I not only had to have his great condition gem resurfaced but I paid about $60 too much for it anyways. hes a lying crook who pobably has no clue about anything automotive. I miss the old for sale furm that gave you a chance to rate a buyer and seller. Alot of the bad deals on this site may have been stopped if we still had one

Bglad420
01-09-2011, 11:16 AM
I bought a MT from him a while back, and I was very attiment about getting a 88LXi trans, I didn't want anything else. He assured me that is was an 88 LXi 5 speed, and the tranny code was the same. Well package arrived and low and behold it was a damn prelude gear box caked in grease, and oil. Let's just say I was pretty pissed about the whole deal. Still kinda am.

Ichiban
01-09-2011, 12:03 PM
Yeah I wouldnt recommend buying anything from him. I bought a genuine JDM B20a flywheel that turned out to be a standard usdm 2nd gen flywheel. I not only had to have his great condition gem resurfaced but I paid about $60 too much for it anyways. hes a lying crook who pobably has no clue about anything automotive. I miss the old for sale furm that gave you a chance to rate a buyer and seller. Alot of the bad deals on this site may have been stopped if we still had one

Shit that reminds me I still have that B20A flywheel sitting at my parents house. If i had it here I could give it a quick spin on the lathe...

2oodoor
01-09-2011, 01:43 PM
I was looking at the Engine Spec Thread that lostforawhile put up and if that's all correct, then b20a86lude may have sold me a Trans from an ET2 Engine, not an A20. Which would REALLY SUCK because he lied then. I still haven't heard from him and I PM'd him days ago. I'll send him some more e-mails. I'm not too happy with what's going on with this Trans.

im just wondering where this alleged trans builder got bulletproof parts to put in that transmission, not like its a THM, for crimmys sake read the persons trade rep before buying shit too good to be true, I told you where to look.
Read the sellers posts from way back till present and tell me you understand wtf he says, I cant, not till he has something for sale. Its like three different people using the same sn. One day they dont know jack about something simple as a bolt on, then next minute they flying to NZ to pick up jdm parts, then another month later they have nothing going on at all, then they post trying to sell parts they havent even pulled off a car they havnt even spotted yet. :thumbdn:
Sorry may just be me. Good luck with the transmission. You shoulda never jumped in this especially if you arnt able to do the work.

2ndGenGuy
01-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I know exactly what you mean roodoo. Though I did buy a center console from him that came quickly, and was as advertised. It's like he has a mega case of ADHD. I think he just figured the ET2 and A20 transmissions were the same. Sure they have the same bellhousing bolt pattern, but that's it. The output shafts are usually smaller on the 1.8 liter engine, and the bellhousing itself is usually smaller too. So to make that transmission work, you'd need a 1.8 torque converter, and to make some bastard shafts like the mechanic did, with the smaller inner splines.

2oodoor
01-09-2011, 04:04 PM
yep, well Im not trying to mess with anyones trades and Im sure this one is just garbled info and pixelated communications. :rolleyes:purely my opinion.

ACE_14
01-09-2011, 08:02 PM
Well my mechanic said it's not shifting right, so it looks like it may be junk. I'm going to dispute it with PayPal and request the money for parts and labor too. Lets see what happens. Hopefully thing work out. They can't get any worse.

Oldblueaccord
01-09-2011, 08:37 PM
He sent me some wierd PM's like send me the pics of your bushings etc, Kinda disjointed altogether. I responded once and ignored him the rest of the time. I took it he was trolling.

Sorry that story/sale about a super built auto trans was a total :violin: BS

I'd take all that shit to the scrapper and start over.

wp

2oodoor
01-10-2011, 06:12 AM
Well my mechanic said it's not shifting right, so it looks like it may be junk. I'm going to dispute it with PayPal and request the money for parts and labor too. Lets see what happens. Hopefully thing work out. They can't get any worse.

There are a surprizing amount of "technicians" out there that are unaware of how a non electronic controled throttle valve works on an automatic tranny. These early Hondas are one design of them that not only serves as a kickdown but also a spool valve positioner that controls flow in the "valve body" per say.
Just saying, that thing has to be indexed to a certain position according to the throttle position. That position is not always a textbook spec, because it can vary according to the tune of the engine, tire size, weight, driving style, that tranmission's ideal operating pressure, condition etc.. although there is base generic setting that should at least get shifts of some sort.

I hope this works out to your favor all said and done.

ACE_14
01-10-2011, 08:21 PM
Well I talked to my mechanic and he said it's shifting fine now. The only problem now is that the shifter cable is a bit short, so he has to grind a bit off the trans housing so the shifter goes in park correctly.

I talked to b20a86lude today aswell. He thought he put in the For Sale Ad that it was a 1.8 trans, but it does say A20. Well it sound like he may be willing to make the situation right somehow. I guess that's a start.

ACE_14
01-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Nevermind guys, this Trans is CRAP!!!! If you baby the hell out of it, it'll shift o.k., but if you try to put a little power, it slips to hell. I royally got F'd on this one. Garrett(b20a86lude) is now ignoring all my calls. I was hoping he would be a Man and step up to his mistake. Guess I was wrong.

I've had so much bad luck over the years with my 3rd Gens, but this time, I'm really considering selling it and all the parts to go with something newer.