PDA

View Full Version : Passenger window doesn't work

Dr_Snooz
01-20-2011, 08:45 AM
My passenger window up and quit on me. No warning, no strange noises, just quit. I tried jiggling both buttons, slapping the door and still nothing. I tore apart the passenger door with my trusty multimeter in hand. Everything checked out, so I shorted the window motor with jumper wires and it worked like always. I figured it was a bad switch, so I tested the switch, but it worked just fine. I then tore apart the driver's door, checking as I went. I was testing the driver door switch when I realized that the button to disable the windows had been switched off. I switched it back on and the window started working just like it had.

That's right, I tore apart two working doors because I had flipped the disable switch accidentally.

http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq132/dr_snooz/WindowSwitch.jpg

:uh::uh::uh::uh:

charliekuney
01-20-2011, 08:51 AM
fail

A18A
01-20-2011, 09:02 AM
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/2420/1233489664861fa7.jpg

2drSE-i
01-20-2011, 11:14 AM
LOL snooz that blows! I was thinking control box until you said that.

w261w261
01-20-2011, 04:43 PM
I have a '73 Honda CL450. They called it the Scrambler, and I like it cause it's got high-mounted chrome pipes on one side with the chrome heat shields. It's really not made for off-road, as it's basically a CB with some additional stuff. One of those additional stuff things is a cut-off switch on the right handlebar. I never use it.

A couple of years ago I went to the Sunday morning hangout place for bikers, Marcus Dairy in Danbury. I go in, have breakfast, come out, put in my key, punch the starter button, nada. Absolutely dead. As usual, because my bike is a little older, it's more of a curiosity, and there's always a couple of people watching me start it up. That day, I was just about to dive into it on the spot when some guy reaches over and turns on the handlebar switch. "Here, try this." Of course it started immediately. Someone had played with it when I was inside. I felt appropriately embarrassed.

MessyHonda
01-21-2011, 12:01 AM
i wish that was my problem...on mine my passenger window wont go down or up with out clicking it more than twice

ziptie
01-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Really how many embarrasing stories such as this have we all personally experienced. How funny, I'm glad it was nothing major. I did't take shop in highschool because "I didn't need it" you know typical highschool mentality. I did however decide that I would skip a class one day to change the oil in my car using the nice heated school facility. Everything was great until the next class was walking in while I was topping off the engine. One of the students mentioned to me that I had a small leak. By the time I realized what he was trying to tell me I had poured 5 quarts of oil straight through the engine as if it were just a giant funnel. That took awhile to clean up all the while two full classes of shop students got to watch the show. Any one else care to humble themselves? :uh:

2oodoor
01-21-2011, 10:10 AM
and you call yourself a doctor hmmph :tongue:take two asprins next time :lol:

cubert
01-21-2011, 10:19 AM
I have a '73 Honda CL450. They called it the Scrambler, and I like it cause it's got high-mounted chrome pipes on one side with the chrome heat shields. It's really not made for off-road, as it's basically a CB with some additional stuff. One of those additional stuff things is a cut-off switch on the right handlebar. I never use it.

A couple of years ago I went to the Sunday morning hangout place for bikers, Marcus Dairy in Danbury. I go in, have breakfast, come out, put in my key, punch the starter button, nada. Absolutely dead. As usual, because my bike is a little older, it's more of a curiosity, and there's always a couple of people watching me start it up. That day, I was just about to dive into it on the spot when some guy reaches over and turns on the handlebar switch. "Here, try this." Of course it started immediately. Someone had played with it when I was inside. I felt appropriately embarrassed.

Ive had that happen to me before...it is a little embarrassing :lol:

The other thing that would get me on my cb750 was the engine would still crank if the kill switch was off. Not sure why they designed it that way, but it drove me nuts on a couple occasions.

car6289
01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Dr.: The admission of your oversight has prevented your car from suing you for malpractice.

w261w261
01-21-2011, 06:52 PM
OK, here's another embarrassing story. 1966, I am away at college in New Orleans, and getting out of school the next day or two. I had a '57 Dodge, and it needed some brake fluid. I drive down to the only gas station near Tulane and wait for someone to go into the garage and get me some brake fluid from the big reservoir. It was busy that day, and I waited and waited. Finally, I got impatient, grabbed a can I saw by the door of the garage, topped off the master, and got the hell out of there.

Just as I was drifting off to sleep, I sat bolt upright with the realization that I had put ATF into my brake system. Holy Shit.

Now the car was about to embark on its last journey anyway, as it had been hit in the rear corner by a garbage truck a few months before. But I still had to make it home to Sarasota (700 miles). What else to do but shove off and pray? Fuck the praying, I just shoved off.

The closer I got to home, the spongier the brake pedal got, as I presume the ATF was working wonders on the lines and seals. By the time I hit Sarasota, let's just say I was preplanning my stops with exquisite care. But I made it.

I will never forget the moment in bed when I flashed on what I had done.

w261w261
01-21-2011, 06:54 PM
You know, we should have a thread with just embarrassing stories. It would be a fun read.

lostforawhile
01-21-2011, 07:56 PM
don't feel bad, I was trying to fix the coolant valve on one of the drill presses today, couldn't get the dam thing back together, while I was cussing and swearing at it, the hose from the pump I had dropped on the floor, siphoned out the entire five gallon bucket of coolant everywhere. I happened to look up and it's a lake, and we are out of oil dry. had to borrow some, took a 50 pound bag of oil dry to clean it up, the pump wasn't even on, there just happened to be enough of a prime to start a siphon

Sean619
01-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Just fix the same problem(may be not the same reason) today, my rear right window goes down and wont go up, both swiths fail to roll it up, and i went to a auto electician shop they told me they have to pull the cover off to roll the window up manually and then try to find out the problem, but i simply dont have time so i went home and opend the fuse box cover and found one of the fuse is melt broken i replaced a new one and both switchs works and the window rolls up again, but after a few times up and down the fuse melt again i replaced another one, same, i think it might because i replaced two speakers at the back but those second hand ones r 75w each, the original one r about 15w(i dont quite remember), so that might cause some problem, but anyway i would just buy a box of fuses and leave them in the trunk if I really want to roll the rear right window up and down i will be preparing to replacing a fuse:)
Hope this will help.

charliekuney
01-26-2011, 05:06 PM
^ Did you read the thread...?