PDA

View Full Version : climate control backlighting

charliekuney
01-20-2011, 08:59 AM
Specifics: The buttons that say VENT HI/LO HEAT HEAT/DEF DEFROST A/C on the climate control (people in some areas have pictures instead, lucky bastards).

Things I already know:
- how to take out the piece that contains the buttons
- how to find/replace the two lights that backlight the VENT HI/LO HEAT HEAT/DEF DEFROST buttons
- the LED's are soldered, but they all work in my car so nevermind them

What I need to know:
How do you replace the little green light that lights up the A/C button?

It's not the same light as the rest of them for reasons unknown (all LX's, LX-i's and SE-i's have this climate control setup and they all have air conditioning).

The one in my car is dead and bugs the shit out of me because it's the only light that doesn't work on my entire car.

Ideas?

charliekuney
02-06-2011, 10:23 PM
:facepalm:

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 10:11 PM
:facepalm:

LX-incredible
02-10-2011, 10:35 PM
The AC button is separate and actually detaches from from the rest of the climate control buttons... There is one of those stupid twist lights (like what's in the cruise control and headlight/dimmer/defrost switches) at the back of the ac button module. The climate control switch box will need to be completely removed to get at it.

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 08:03 AM
There is one of those stupid twist lights (like what's in the cruise control and headlight/dimmer/defrost switches)

That's half of what I'm looking for. I can get the button strip off, but I couldn't see how to get the air conditioning portion off.

LX-incredible
02-11-2011, 10:42 AM
You don't need to take it off. There is a circular recess in the back of the AC switch where the bulb is. 1/4 turn with a small flathead and it's out of there...

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 02:53 PM
...you're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding...