PDA

View Full Version : something is wrong??

Mantis88LX
10-11-2002, 04:12 PM
my passenger side rear feels weird above 45, feels like the tires is wobling? or something, like the back of the car feels like it wants to sway back and forth. ????

went to get alignment but the coiuldnt cuz of camber, but they did adjust some toe in,

still didnt fix the problem, i think its either the strut is going, something is loose, i dont know.

someone help me, what do u think this could be, i cant drive on the highway cuz it feels like the back end it floating or something.

thanx

Mantis88LX
10-11-2002, 04:34 PM
ohh yea and it doesnt do this while accelerating, only while cruising at a constent speed

89AccordNate
10-11-2002, 05:50 PM
You check your bushings in the back? It could be something along those lines. Im not sure.

Nate.

Mantis88LX
10-11-2002, 09:34 PM
gonna check tommorow, i know that the bolts at the bottom of the struts are stripped, the nuts are. would this cause it to feel like that and be loose?

markmdz89hatch
10-11-2002, 09:55 PM
yeah, that could help aid in the problem, but I'd look at the struts, and don't rule out those drums, it sounds like you might just have a little rubbing action going on there. Also, like Nate said, check out ur bearings on that hub, and the seals. Let us know the outcome.

smufguy
10-13-2002, 03:46 PM
this might be dumb, but check if ur lug nuts are tightened good enough. IN some really remote case, the hub nuts break lose, check those out too.

Jims 86LXI HB
10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
Also make sure the washers haven't come loose or weren't installed correctly front and rear. So for the rear you'll want to pop the plastic access panel to see. That would account for the funny feel in the rear.

Mantis88LX
10-14-2002, 06:05 PM
which washers jim? the ones on the very top that the bolts goes onto? which way should they be?

Jims 86LXI HB
10-14-2002, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Mantis88LX
which washers jim? the ones on the very top that the bolts goes onto? which way should they be?

Ok, you have your sturt mount right. Well in the top of that mount sit's a dount shaped rubber bushing and on the bottom on the other side of the strut mount sits another donut shaped rubber bushing. Inbetween both of them is a a metal bushing about a inch long. You should have a large metal washer on top (top one is what the strut rod bolt get's tightened down on) of the top bushing and another washer or the dust caps on the bottom one.

I make the mistake once of not doing them right and when I lowered the car the strut rods simply poked out from under neath with nothing to stop them. I had forgoten to use a washer underneath the strut mount buhings. :huh:

socal3rdgen
10-15-2002, 07:52 AM
i had the same exact problem and i found out i had a bubble in my tire. Check the insides of your tires.