PDA

View Full Version : restoring my ride 1986 accord hatch

poison2003
01-23-2011, 08:47 PM
hey ive been looking but cant find a manual transmission shifter boot anyone know where i could get one?
and does anyone have a problem with their clock bracket (the piece that clips on around the clock on the car)

anyone would suggest any hawaii friendly sites for oem parts?

was wondering are there any other cars that i can swap the rear seats and if possible front ones too? maybe integra?

charliekuney
01-23-2011, 09:22 PM
shift boot: junkyards, possible another Accord (fifth-gen works, I think)
clock trim: the one in my current car used to hang off - bend the clips to make it fit
Hawai'i-friendly sites: try http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/
rear seats: no
front seats: second-gen Prelude seats are great

Hope that helps.

poison2003
01-23-2011, 10:47 PM
alright thanks if anyone else knows something different about the rear seats itll be very appreciated.
Ive been trying to look around craigslist but just dont see too many 3rd gen accords might have to go check out junkyards next week

charliekuney
01-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Most cars have unique seats, especially the rear ones. All three of these body styles (coupe, sedan, hatch) even have individual rear seats.

Dr_Snooz
01-24-2011, 09:06 AM
If you want a pristine boot, then you're probably going to have to sew one yourself. I will be sewing one from leather when mine gets a little rattier. Just get a reasonably decent one from the yard and cut out the stitches for a pattern. The clock bracket is metal, bendable and paintable.

Good luck with the restoration.