PDA

View Full Version : 92 prelude seats?

drock
01-25-2011, 07:06 PM
Will they fit my 87 accord? i know bolt up modifications are necessary. But will the seats fit between the center console and when the door shuts?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, anyone who has been following my threads....to date i have painted the car white, replaced all window trim, smoked all the lights, coilovers, gunmetal wheels,custom greddy sp2 exhaust,shaved moldings and filled holes on trunk,pulled front plate and filled those holes,HDR front and rear lips,short throw shifter,racing pedals,e-brake handle....and now i nice set of prelude seats bolting up tomorrow.

Pictures will come once seats are in. Watch for them.

Jajle
01-25-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes, they will fit in between the door and console.

drock
01-25-2011, 07:24 PM
sweet.

Jajle
01-25-2011, 07:29 PM
They will mount to the 3gee bracket, although you will have many problems with that.

1. The "bucket" of the seat will stick out of the back.
2. The front adjustment bar will stick out quite a ways, as well as the plastic molding on by the door.
3. The front bolt on one side and the back bolt on the other side of the seat will not mount to the hole.
4. You won't get to keep your memory switch on the seat.

That's the ghetto way of doing it. That's how I rolled. :P

drock
01-26-2011, 08:22 AM
They will mount to the 3gee bracket, although you will have many problems with that.

1. The "bucket" of the seat will stick out of the back.
2. The front adjustment bar will stick out quite a ways, as well as the plastic molding on by the door.
3. The front bolt on one side and the back bolt on the other side of the seat will not mount to the hole.
4. You won't get to keep your memory switch on the seat.

That's the ghetto way of doing it. That's how I rolled. :P

i see. what do you mean the bucket will stickout of the back?

and if the 2 bolts don't mount up....drill or did you leave them out?

guess i'llfind out soon enough when my buddy drops them off this morning. i am a fabricator and also lay custom carbon fiber parts so i'm not really worried but just like to know what i'm dipping into.

thank you for your help.

Jajle
01-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I left the two bolts out of each seat, they seemed sturdy enough.
And what I mean by the bucket sticking out is circled in the picture below.
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee9/ChilaEwshy/58992_152371354785055_100000365756893_335229_73673 26_n.jpg

See how it sticks out behind the back of the seat?
It should be flush with the back of the seat.

drock
01-26-2011, 04:01 PM
seats are in. i had no issue with the bucket. now the sliders and mounting points were a pain. what i did was take 1 slider off each seat from my stock seats and mount one on each seat of the prelude seats. had to drill out the holes on the sliders to mount up to the car. once installed, the seats leaned inwards as if you were looking from the outside in you could definetly tell. so i went and bought longher bolts and washers and shimmed the straight. all bolts are mounted to the sliders and no problem with the buckets.

total time start-finish=3 hrs. everything works great.

again, thank you for all your insight. very much appreciated.

PHOTOSHOOT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!

Jajle
01-26-2011, 04:05 PM
Hell yea! Can't wait to see pics!!!