PDA

View Full Version : Window clicking

bushbean
01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
The window makes a terrible clicking sound when I push the up or down button. Window won't go up or down. What could be the problem?

Dr_Snooz
01-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I believe there is a little plastic gear in the regulator that breaks. Pretty soon, the glass will just fall into the door and you'll have to brace it up with a stick or duct tape or something.

A new regulator should cure the problem.

MrPyromaniac
02-05-2017, 11:56 AM
I believe there is a little plastic gear in the regulator that breaks. Pretty soon, the glass will just fall into the door and you'll have to brace it up with a stick or duct tape or something.

A new regulator should cure the problem.

Sorry to revive a 6 year old post, but can you use the regulator from a sedan in a hatchback?

Dr_Snooz
02-05-2017, 04:42 PM
No sir!

MrPyromaniac
02-05-2017, 06:30 PM
No sir!

Do you happen to know specifically what doesn't fit about the regulator? Don't really have access to a junkyard so I'm kind of stuck trying to use the one I can get from a sedan.

Oldblueaccord
02-06-2017, 07:29 AM
Do you happen to know specifically what doesn't fit about the regulator? Don't really have access to a junkyard so I'm kind of stuck trying to use the one I can get from a sedan.

I bought the sedan one and used it in my 3 door. When you lay them out side by side you will see the difference. The new sedan one is way cheaper. I think its the lower bar differant and it was not to big of a deal to swap.

Ill dig for some pictures buts its been years since i have done it.