PDA

View Full Version : saggin in seattle

Dirt Nasty
01-27-2011, 10:47 AM
does anyone here have any ideas on what to do w/ saggy door?

phrenology
01-27-2011, 10:52 AM
does anyone here have any ideas on what to do w/ saggy door?

Not to be a jerk, but you need to learn how to use this forum or no one will help you. There are different sections to start threads in, not just "Newbie Introductions" If you just randomly post things everywhere you will get kicked off the site. I'm not a moderator but I'm sure they won't enjoy cleaning up all your posts in the wrong sections. :sad2:

Dirt Nasty
01-27-2011, 10:56 AM
k, sry. sheez, just tryin to get the 5 posts up, if thats alright w/u, almighty grand wizard

phrenology
01-27-2011, 11:05 AM
k, sry. sheez, just tryin to get the 5 posts up, if thats alright w/u, almighty grand wizard

You could also make 5 posts to the same thread with that button that says "post reply" at the bottom of your thread instead of starting a new thread every time you want to post something. Its not me who you should worry about. I'm just telling you for your own good, you will piss of the people that run this site and the ones that use it daily and you will not get the responses you want. I'm just trying to educate you, there is no need to be offended.

Enjoy your time on 3geez, people here are very helpful, you just have to understand the site and try using the "search" window at the upper right corner on the main page. It is your friend and people will respect you if you can find answers to questions and How-Tos in threads that already exist.

itzdave
01-27-2011, 11:25 AM
So anyways... Describe the issue with the door a lil bit more, and post pics when ya can.

Pico
01-27-2011, 11:56 AM
do you have to lift the door up to be able to close it.
might need to replace the hinges?

Rendon LX-i
01-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Old skool trick for a temp fix is get a piece of wood and use a jack and left on the door. NOT ALOT just alittle at a time till it shuts. BUT main reason is the pins are wore out on the door hing

phrenology
01-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Old skool trick for a temp fix is get a piece of wood and use a jack and left on the door. NOT ALOT just alittle at a time till it shuts. BUT main reason is the pins are wore out on the door hing

Yes, I recall using the old wood and jack deal to hold up the door while you bolt it back down.

Pico
01-27-2011, 03:39 PM
We did that last night on my buddies Jetta to get the door back up

charliekuney
01-27-2011, 05:51 PM
I agree with the door hinge idea. What part of Seattle?

Christofur
01-28-2011, 02:26 AM
I agree with the door hinge idea. What part of Seattle?

Dirt Nasty
01-28-2011, 05:08 AM
so yeah.. ne ways, the hinge holes on the car side have seem to have oval'd out a smidge.. and since the door was so heavy, i was just wondering if there was a not so difficult way of doing so..

charliekuney
01-28-2011, 10:42 AM

You obviously don't live near Seattle. "South End" could mean a number of things: South End Renton, South Seattle, general areas south of Seattle...

:)

phrenology
01-28-2011, 03:37 PM
so yeah.. ne ways, the hinge holes on the car side have seem to have oval'd out a smidge.. and since the door was so heavy, i was just wondering if there was a not so difficult way of doing so..

:ugh2: Rebuild the door out of Carbon Fiber...okay I'm just being an ass.

I don't know body work well, but maybe you can use some shims or washers temporarily.

Pico
01-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Just go to the wrecking yard and pull some hinges off another 3G

Christofur
01-28-2011, 05:09 PM
You obviously don't live near Seattle. "South End" could mean a number of things: South End Renton, South Seattle, general areas south of Seattle...

:)

only lived in auburn