PDA

View Full Version : 2 quick questions.

drock
01-31-2011, 08:00 PM
first is, has anyone done the "hood tilt" mod yet? i did do this and put washers under all 4 bolts but when i shut the hood and went to open the hood, the latch mechanism would not disengage. it took quite a while to get it to open. once i did open it....out came the washers. any tricks? it's pretty straight forward but maybe i did something wrong? maybe only put them under the bolts closest to the window/wiper cowl?

second....does anyone know if the louver shade from a crx will fit the rear window of my hatch? just curious since i know where to get one.

btw....anyone following my posts, just finished up my hood vents. came out great!

forrest89sei
01-31-2011, 08:11 PM
first is, has anyone done the "hood tilt" mod yet? i did do this and put washers under all 4 bolts but when i shut the hood and went to open the hood, the latch mechanism would not disengage. it took quite a while to get it to open. once i did open it....out came the washers. any tricks? it's pretty straight forward but maybe i did something wrong? maybe only put them under the bolts closest to the window/wiper cowl?

second....does anyone know if the louver shade from a crx will fit the rear window of my hatch? just curious since i know where to get one.

btw....anyone following my posts, just finished up my hood vents. came out great!

CRX Louvers won't fit, too small

and on the hood tilt to you mean like this?
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3488/picture011w.jpg

drock
01-31-2011, 08:15 PM
CRX Louvers won't fit, too small

and on the hood tilt to you mean like this?
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3488/picture011w.jpg

yes sir, just like that.

RAZR
01-31-2011, 08:46 PM
yes sir, just like that.

Y do u want it like that? it looks like u dont kno how to put a hood on properly

ShyBoyCA6
01-31-2011, 08:50 PM
Y do u want it like that? it looks like u dont kno how to put a hood on properly

lol i agree

itzdave
01-31-2011, 08:57 PM
i has my hood like that!!!! no issues with it at all. and i has teh louvers too! and no, only 86-89 accord louvers will fit. hard as piss to find!

drock
01-31-2011, 09:26 PM

lol. helps with engine heat. especially for us guys who are or are going force inducted. i already cut vents in and after researching have come to find out it helps quite a bit in engine temps and keeps the "heat soak" down.

drock
01-31-2011, 09:27 PM
i has my hood like that!!!! no issues with it at all. and i has teh louvers too! and no, only 86-89 accord louvers will fit. hard as piss to find!

you sir are the one who inspired me on the louvers....now if i can find one is another story lol.

btw....clean hatch, love it!

charliekuney
01-31-2011, 09:31 PM
^ I see hatches all day with louvers...for ridiculous prices on the dealer's section of Craigslist. :(

CzEcHy
01-31-2011, 10:32 PM
I heard just taking the weather striping out on the top part of the hood where it meets in front of the windshield = tilt hood mod.

Yet to try it, scared of rain.

charliekuney
02-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Whomever told you that is fucking retarded.

drock
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM

?? me....or the poster right below you? just curious.

charliekuney
02-01-2011, 04:17 PM
My apologies, I should have quoted CzEcHy.

A18A
02-01-2011, 04:31 PM
i had to do this to clear my injectors sticking out top of my b16 manifold untill i make a plate to delete them
http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/4866/img0972medium2.jpg
it opened and shut all good with no problems though

AccordEpicenter
02-01-2011, 06:39 PM
i did that to get more airflow thru the engine bay, esp with the turbo mani, half size rad and fmic. I feel it does work well, but i would only reccomend it if you actually need the cooling.

Cody
02-07-2011, 12:52 AM
sorry to be a negative nancy, but i've heard the hood tilt technique does precisly dick.

I once put a hood on a r33 skyline that was covered in vents and it really had an improvment on turbo temprature though. but i also once had an integra with a vent right about the battery and everytime it rained things went wrong hahaaha

CzEcHy
02-09-2011, 05:31 PM

It makes sense, tilting the hood or removing that small piece of weather stripping will provide the same pros and cons. Rain getting in, air getting out. You know what weather strpping I'm talking about right? Why would it be retarded?

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Oh, I thought you meant taking the strip out is the same thing as tilting the hood, but now I think you meant that it creates the same effect?

CzEcHy
02-10-2011, 09:13 PM
Ya not as good as tilting the hood I'm sure, but it still does virtually the same thing. And its simpler and free lol.

itzdave
02-10-2011, 11:45 PM
ok, to tilt my hood, all i did was go to the hardware store and grab a few bolts that were the same thread size as the stock ones but added how high i wanted my hood. if i remember correctly, i used 1" spacers, so the bolts were about 1" longer.
and no, i have no real issues with rain getting in, and i live in washington where it rains all the damn time. but then again, i also dont have half of the stock stuff under the hood, black box, emissions, etc.

itzdave
02-10-2011, 11:47 PM
http://www.importtuner.com/tech/impp_0909_jdm_hood_prop/index.html