PDA

View Full Version : low boyz

dXsquared
10-11-2002, 08:11 PM
i just got the low boyz... they will be installed today in the light hours. the springs are totaly diferent lengths??? is that ok? are they supposed to be?
TRAVIS

Jims 86LXI HB
10-11-2002, 08:42 PM
Well the stock one's are so,......
? are the coil evenly spaced throughout the spring or are some of them close and others aren't?

dXsquared
10-12-2002, 03:11 PM
jim... in the back... the stock springs are wider than the new ones. will they still fit? it looks as if they will just go up into the top spring mount and break somthin... and the shox came with a sping about six inches long and one that is about 10 inches. the rear shock is longer so i guess the short springs go in the rear?!? THEY have less spring rate... is this right and answer about the diameter of the springs. i still havent done it yet cuz of these probs. i did give the car all new brakes today tho... new wheel cylenders, drums, shoes, rotors, calipers and pads. it stops so good now... like 500% better.
Travis

Jims 86LXI HB
10-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by DXHATCHBACK
jim... in the back... the stock springs are wider than the new ones. will they still fit? it looks as if they will just go up into the top spring mount and break somthin... and the shox came with a sping about six inches long and one that is about 10 inches. the rear shock is longer so i guess the short springs go in the rear?!? THEY have less spring rate... is this right and answer about the diameter of the springs. i still havent done it yet cuz of these probs. i did give the car all new brakes today tho... new wheel cylenders, drums, shoes, rotors, calipers and pads. it stops so good now... like 500% better.
Travis

It's normal for coilovers to use the same size diameter springs front to rear, should be 2 1/2" diameter. 6" and 10", I don't like the sound of that, hmmmm. I'd think the shorter springs would go up front to go with the shorter struts. What do the directions say?

joker2
10-16-2002, 05:18 AM
I didn't know they made the Low Boyz for our cars??? Or did you get some for another car???:wtf:

Jims 86LXI HB
10-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by joker2
I didn't know they made the Low Boyz for our cars??? Or did you get some for another car???:wtf:

You haven't heard of them cause next to no one buys their stuff and apparently for good reason. And when I have found people that did ge them, they didn't have nice things to say about them. Travis (DXHATCHBACK) ended up boxing his up and returning them, he no longer has them.

joker2
10-16-2002, 09:06 AM
OK, that explains it...... I know I usually see them in ads but there always associated with low rider parts......:confused:

dXsquared
10-18-2002, 11:25 AM
ha they are stock riding but they can be lowered like 5or 6 inches!!! after i heard that among every other bad thing... i sent them back... told tyhem to not charge me 35 percent and i would pay the shipping... now i ordered Konis and G.C's.

Travis