PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my 3g-H

drock
02-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Well, i bought this car at the end of the summer. never been a honda guy. i own a toyota supra tt and a 05 corolla xrs that is also supercharged(aftermarket). the xrs had everything you can imagine done to it. it is by far my baby.

Anyways, 87 honda accord lx-i. when bought it was at monster truck height, paint peeling(bluish gray color) brakes grinding and squealing belts never would stop squealing, needed oil/trans flush/radiator flush, new tires yada yada yada. this car was in horrible shape. well i got it for around 300 bucks.

this is what i did to it in just a few months:

painted car white.
painted wiper cowl and all trim(exterior).
lowered on coilovers(ksports).
new tires, wheels(i painted them gunmetal).
custom greddy sp2 exhaust since there was no muffler/exhaust at all when i purchased the car.
fixed drivers door handle.
shaved emblems and filled all holes.(i also do body work lol).
custom front and rear lip kit.
short throw shifter.
racing pedals.
new carpet.
prelude seats with custom brackets.
custom hood vents with fabbed up plates on the underside to redirect heat or water.
custom chassis brace in the rear hatch.
blacked out all lights.
filled holes in front bumper.
new brakes.
oil change and flush.
tranny change and flush.
new plugs, wires, cap.
radiator flush and leaks fixed.

here's some pics. tell me what you think. i myself am quite proud.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/056.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/055.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/054.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/053.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/052.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/051.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/050.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/049.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/048.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/047.jpg

Pico
02-04-2011, 02:43 PM
Very Clean..
I like the way it looks

bullard123
02-04-2011, 03:28 PM
Not bad man, nice quick fixer upper.....What part of Colorado are you from??

drock
02-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Not bad man, nice quick fixer upper.....What part of Colorado are you from??

Grand Junction.

Hazwan
02-04-2011, 03:31 PM
Sexy!

drock
02-04-2011, 03:41 PM
And here's my other baby:

2005 toyota corolla xrs. bought brand new(0 miles)in 2005, fully stock, all the work has been done by yours truly.

aftermarket:
supercharger
aem c.a.i.
gounding kit
ksport coils
hotchkiss f/r sways
dc/alutec strut bars
adjustable endlinks
trd chassis braces
custom harness bar w/4 point harnesses
twm short throw
razo adjustable pedals
ichibahn e-brake
carbon creations carbon fiber hood
vis carbon fiber trunk
1 off front and rear lip kit molded (had to convert from a 2005 front end to a 2003)
brembo big brake conversion(12 piston)with brembo drilled rotors
8k hid lows and 3k hid fogs.

and probaly more that i can't think about lol.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/DereksCar101037-1.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/DereksCar101035.jpg
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g76/drock_02/DereksCar101036.jpg

bullard123
02-04-2011, 03:43 PM
Wow that toyota is clean!!! Rarely see those fixed up..Nice ride bro

hondalude86
02-04-2011, 03:51 PM
Hey, i'm also in CO! I live in thornton... We should get a CO mini meet up, although, from/to Grand Junction is a hell of a drive!

drock
02-04-2011, 04:03 PM
Wow that toyota is clean!!! Rarely see those fixed up..Nice ride bro

thanks man. it is definetly my baby. as of now it's putting down 387whp but i built if for road courses(all suspension)and it handles like it's on rails. no body roll, sway....nothing lol.

but the more i mess with the honda, the more i love it.

drock
02-04-2011, 04:04 PM
Hey, i'm also in CO! I live in thornton... We should get a CO mini meet up, although, from/to Grand Junction is a hell of a drive!

well if everyone comes to grand junction, i can get us a private day on an awesome professional road course track. don't have to kill the cars but it sure is fun. and free!

RAZR
02-04-2011, 04:50 PM
DAMMNNNN i LOVE that toyota!

drock
02-04-2011, 05:36 PM
DAMMNNNN i LOVE that toyota!

thank you. me too lol. bought it brand new, completely stock for 19,900 cash. and........i've put well over 20,000 in aftermarket mods into it.

the best part, my wife supports my passion for cars.:cheers:

RAZR
02-04-2011, 06:52 PM
it says custom lip front and rear on ur hatch how did u make the lips for it?

itzdave
02-04-2011, 08:11 PM
totally diggin both of them!

2ndGenGuy
02-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Nice rides! And that is a fuckload of power for a supercharged 2ZZ! How much boost is that? What supercharger is on it? Also didn't realize Brembo made a 12 piston caliper...

drock
02-04-2011, 09:12 PM
it says custom lip front and rear on ur hatch how did u make the lips for it?

garage door bottom seal. call it the "hdr" front lip. (home depot racing).

and i just finished up the side skirts. it is like 20 degrees and i did it in the dark with a head lamp. yes i am dedicated and a die hard. took about 2 hours or so to do both sides. 10:15 here lol.

lostforawhile
02-04-2011, 09:17 PM
very clean car, I'm starting to really like the no emblem look, I modified a prelude badge, cut off the 2.0 part, and beveled the edges, looks like a factory piece, i may put that in the corner and just my honda in the grill. nothing else. post some pictures of the strut brace,.

drock
02-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Nice rides! And that is a fuckload of power for a supercharged 2ZZ! How much boost is that? What supercharger is on it?

you sir did your homework lol.

eaton m45 supercharger from the lotus elise. see they made trd superchargers for the corolla "s" which puts it's power around 187whp which is about what the 2zz is stock from the factory.

i'm sure you know seeings you sure knew what engine was under my hood that the lotus elise has the same engine. well the m45 bolts up no problem but i had to get a smaller radiator(honda to be exact)and mount it to the drivers side instead of centered seeings the supercharger needed the clearance.

i also run a full standalone. had the hydra but it was crap. took away my a/c and also the stock temp gauge. so i went with the a'pexi power fc which gives me the luxury of the a/c and stock temp gauge.

i also have a bit of internal work done. monkey wrench racing supports the
2zz very well and am able to run 18lbs of boost with no issues.

lostforawhile
02-04-2011, 09:24 PM
another hardcore hatch owner, I have all these pieces done for mine, but my health hasn't let me get out there as much as I would like, I was out there yesterday fitting these headers again, my roof developed a leak, so i had to lay in water. I need to get mine back together

forrest89sei
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
I gotta say man NICE Cars!

I'd be happy with either of them! :thumbup:

drock
02-04-2011, 09:27 PM
another hardcore hatch owner, I have all these pieces done for mine, but my health hasn't let me get out there as much as I would like, I was out there yesterday fitting these headers again, my roof developed a leak, so i had to lay in water. I need to get mine back together

yes sir i am. i'm like the mailman, nor rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor the dead of night. i really enjoy this hatch the more i mess with it. now that the cosmetics and suspension are all done i am concentrating on power.

obdriver6
02-04-2011, 09:56 PM
I'm loving both your cars, my sister wishes her corolla S looked that good

garage door bottom seal. call it the "hdr" front lip. (home depot racing).
That is some funny shit :rofl: , you should trademark that but that lip looks really good

charliekuney
02-04-2011, 10:07 PM
You really need a black interior for that hatch.

drock
02-04-2011, 10:51 PM
You really need a black interior for that hatch.

yes i do. in due time.

-$MOKIN-
02-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Nicest looking hatch ive seen / SWEEET ! I love the hood Louvers . . .Good work ..Kilt it ... I Like the paint to

drock
02-05-2011, 06:20 AM
Nicest looking hatch ive seen / SWEEET ! I love the hood Louvers . . .Good work ..Kilt it ... I Like the paint to

thanks man. if you mean tilting the hood, then i am doing that. just havn't got to it yet. again, thanks man. glad youlike it.

and....thanks everyone for your replies and views.glad i'm a part of this forum!

bullard123
02-05-2011, 06:55 AM
thanks man. if you mean tilting the hood, then i am doing that. just havn't got to it yet. again, thanks man. glad youlike it.

and....thanks everyone for your replies and views.glad i'm a part of this forum!

Glad to have you here bro...Dont be a stranger and I smell a Denver meet coming soon!!! lol

drock
02-05-2011, 07:02 AM
Glad to have you here bro...Dont be a stranger and I smell a Denver meet coming soon!!! lol

i'm down with it. my brother and cousin live in the springs. lets try to plan for spring?

bullard123
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
i'm down with it. my brother and cousin live in the springs. lets try to plan for spring?

Ok sounds good....i'll get a hold of Jerry and rally up the Springs Troops:) There are a few members on here from Denver as well

drock
02-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Ok sounds good....i'll get a hold of Jerry and rally up the Springs Troops:) There are a few members on here from Denver as well

cool.

Dr_Snooz
02-05-2011, 09:25 AM
You're not the kind to wait around fixing up a car. The hatch looks great. Can't wait to see what else you have up your sleeve.

2ndGenGuy
02-05-2011, 11:27 AM
you sir did your homework lol.

eaton m45 supercharger from the lotus elise. see they made trd superchargers for the corolla "s" which puts it's power around 187whp which is about what the 2zz is stock from the factory.

i'm sure you know seeings you sure knew what engine was under my hood that the lotus elise has the same engine. well the m45 bolts up no problem but i had to get a smaller radiator(honda to be exact)and mount it to the drivers side instead of centered seeings the supercharger needed the clearance.

i also run a full standalone. had the hydra but it was crap. took away my a/c and also the stock temp gauge. so i went with the a'pexi power fc which gives me the luxury of the a/c and stock temp gauge.

i also have a bit of internal work done. monkey wrench racing supports the
2zz very well and am able to run 18lbs of boost with no issues.

That's cool man! I was just wondering, since I just bought an Elise a little while ago, and I've been thinking about supercharging. Most people don't seem to shoot for that much power when they do builds, so it's kind of cool to see a bit higher potential. :) Good to know I don't need to run some crazy aftermarket kit either. 2ZZ is a fun, great sounding engine. Must be even better with that supercharger whine.

drock
02-05-2011, 12:49 PM
That's cool man! I was just wondering, since I just bought an Elise a little while ago, and I've been thinking about supercharging. Most people don't seem to shoot for that much power when they do builds, so it's kind of cool to see a bit higher potential. :) Good to know I don't need to run some crazy aftermarket kit either. 2ZZ is a fun, great sounding engine. Must be even better with that supercharger whine.

sweet! yes it is a nice sound. powerband is great too. they only put the 2zz-ge in the 2005-2006 xrs'. only 6,000 produced. then they discontinued. they then came out with the ugly 10th generation corollas and threw a crappy camry engine in one they called an "xrs". not even close to the same platform. stock for stock, the 9th gen vs. the 10th gen, the 9th gen kills it from a dig. so, needless to say, the 2011 corollas do not have the xrs in their arsenal.

i wantede power. not crazy gobs of it, but enough to have fun with. i am not a street racer, i'm a father and husband lol. but i do love to have available horsepower when i want/need it. still funny to see some of these mopar guys at the track when i beat them lol.

2ndGenGuy
02-06-2011, 12:40 AM
lol I would say 385whp in a FWD car is pretty much gobs of power...

87roach
02-06-2011, 10:04 AM
Props on all the work on the toyota but man are they ugly.

Keep on with the hatch updates.

ShyBoyCA6
02-06-2011, 01:15 PM
Very Nice Hatch...im not a fan of the corolla...

charliekuney
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Has the Corolla changed at all in the two-and-a-half years since you took those pictures? I don't like Corollas all that much, but I can respect the XRS. My friend has a blue 2009 XRS.

frantik
02-06-2011, 04:25 PM
looks good :rockon:

though personally on 3geez i think it looks better if you leave the door and bumper moldings black

RAZR
02-06-2011, 04:52 PM
though personally on 3geez i think it looks better if you leave the door and bumper moldings black

x2

drock
02-06-2011, 06:23 PM
Has the Corolla changed at all in the two-and-a-half years since you took those pictures? I don't like Corollas all that much, but I can respect the XRS. My friend has a blue 2009 XRS.

just a little, not much. i have wrenched enough on the car and come to the conclusion it is time to enjoy it. thank you for the respect.

as for the few who don't like it. i respect that as i may not like your vehicle or what you have done to it. there's a great saying "to each their own". i built this car to my taste and likings. another motto i stick to is "don't be like the fan boy down the street, build to your taste".

i loive my hatch but i put my heart and soul into my toyota as you can tell.

thanks everyone.

drock
02-06-2011, 06:24 PM
lol I would say 385whp in a FWD car is pretty much gobs of power...

i guess you do have a point lol. and it puts every bit down to the pavement too.

86AccordLxi
02-06-2011, 08:07 PM
Curious to see a dyno plot.

Got one?

M45 is exceedingly small to make 385whp.

drock
02-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Curious to see a dyno plot.

Got one?

M45 is exceedingly small to make 385whp.

sure do lol. once i get a scanner, i will be more than happy to post my numbers. i have no reason to lie haha. do you know the 2zz engine in sync with the pfc and an excellent tune accomodated by this supercharger and power to rate ratio? just curious....that's all?

as i said, i will definetly post a dyno, come to think of it i have two, one on a hot day(hence heat soak)and one on a cold day. both range within 5whp.

86AccordLxi
02-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I know miata guys are barely cracking 200whp with an m45 and even the elise guys aren't seeing much over 230whp.

I don't know what power to rate ratio is.

I have powerfc too. It's 20yo somewhat meh management. It works, but pretty much anything newer is better. I got it because it was cheap.

edit:

I mean, this is the thermodynamic efficiency plot of an m45...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v168/e1griego/EatongraphSmall.jpg

If you aren't intercooled your motor would have popped at 18psi.

Maybe a 1st gear pull netted you 387whp, but not a 4th (1:1) pull.

86AccordLxi
02-06-2011, 09:47 PM
Furthermore: 12 piston brembos? Pics plz. Also, please tell me you're running bigger than 215mm section width tires if you're running 12 pot calipers.

And if the car was build for the track, why go with shitty ksports? They're profoundly crappy. Roll is actually a good thing since it allows the tires to work the way they're supposed to.

Jussayin'.

edit: I don't think Brembo even makes a 12pot calipers.

Are you counting 4 calipers x 3 pots each? Or some sort of creative piston math?

Rotora and Endless make 12pot kits, but I sorta doubt you have one. It's all useless anyway with the non r-comp tires that I'm sure you're running.

drock
02-06-2011, 11:42 PM
haha. no worries. 1st off, let me say i am not offended in your comments. when i started this thread it was for the intentions of showing what i did with the 3g and my progress. figured i'd post pictures of my toyota as well, not to brag but just to show it since we are all car guys.

i will definetly post proof on my terms, not yours...."just saying"(which is the proper pronunciation).

this is not a pissing contest....for me. i'm happy with both my vehicles and if you want to question my builds, go ahead....hopefully it doesn't keep you up at night.

this thread was posted for the intentions on showing progress, not attacks. maybe i have what your saying wrong? maybe i don't?

until further notice, mods can lock if they like....or this thread can get right back on topic.

thankyou.

86AccordLxi
02-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Not a pissing contest at all for me, and I'm not really concerned if you're offended.

It's physically impossible to make 385whp on an m45. If you have an m90 or something, then maybe believable.

I doubt many others here have dabbled in supercharging, which is why no one else is questioning your power numbers.

RAZR
02-07-2011, 07:58 AM
Not a pissing contest at all for me, and I'm not really concerned if you're offended.

It's physically impossible to make 385whp on an m45. If you have an m90 or something, then maybe believable.

I doubt many others here have dabbled in supercharging, which is why no one else is questioning your power numbers.

well maybe he is spraying nitrous

86AccordLxi
02-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Pretty confident he has nothing done to his car besides 'aesthetic' mods.

Maybe the greddy mp45 kit, but that still only nets ~250whp at most. Stock the 2zz makes ~170whp, anyway. If you look at the numbers of what that s/c can do, there is NO chance of making the power he claims. Doesn't matter how good the tuner is.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266992

Like I said, 1st gear pull on a dyno might net you that because you have mechanical advantage of the gear ratios, but using the 1:1 gear (usually 4th in most car, maybe 5th in a 6-speed), there is no way his whp figure is even close.

What do I care? I don't. I just smell bullshit, and there's really no reason to lie about dyno numbers these days.

stat1K
02-07-2011, 03:18 PM
i'm glad someone else smelled it.

your trunk appears to be misaligned on the corolla "just saying"

MessyHonda
02-08-2011, 08:43 PM
no dyno pics yet

phrenology
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Pretty confident he has nothing done to his car besides 'aesthetic' mods.

Maybe the greddy mp45 kit, but that still only nets ~250whp at most. Stock the 2zz makes ~170whp, anyway. If you look at the numbers of what that s/c can do, there is NO chance of making the power he claims. Doesn't matter how good the tuner is.

http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=266992

Like I said, 1st gear pull on a dyno might net you that because you have mechanical advantage of the gear ratios, but using the 1:1 gear (usually 4th in most car, maybe 5th in a 6-speed), there is no way his whp figure is even close.

What do I care? I don't. I just smell bullshit, and there's really no reason to lie about dyno numbers these days.

An engine bay pic would be nice proof.

RAZR
02-10-2011, 12:24 PM
mann im still waiting to see what drock is gunna say :)

Rendon LX-i
02-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Ownage

RAZR
02-14-2011, 06:48 PM
well according to his profile drock loged in last night so WTF??????
i wanna kno what he is gunna say

-$MOKIN-
02-14-2011, 07:18 PM
The topic is the Hatch . And i like that shiznit . The interiors nice Charlie what are those prelude seats ,and the back matched? How did u figure out how to do all of this work and u haven't been on this site ?
Id also like to know what you did with the motor im for sure u did something with all the other mods you got in it .
Any ways i like the Hatch, this car gives me a new level of respect for them . There some nice ones out there . And i like the Cali look in it .

JamesJimJam
02-14-2011, 08:12 PM
That's pretty fresh.
Hah.

jreed8484
02-14-2011, 08:17 PM
great looking hatchie!!

Nio
02-14-2011, 08:29 PM
looks great.

*and yet here I am getting close to my 2 year marker TT_TT and shes not running*

RAZR
03-11-2011, 06:01 PM
i see ur online drock not gunna respond??!?!?!?!?!?!

drock
03-11-2011, 06:11 PM
nice to see your thinking about me razr:)

it's not that i'm not gonna respond, it's that i don't really see the need to respond to someone who is so hard up about what or how i build cars. See, like i said, i posted not to brag, but to share.

Seems there is always someone in a community ready to argue. I'm too old for that. I mean, who really wants to be a e-thug?

with that said, the ones who posted and liked my cars, much appreciated. the ones who have negativity, well too bad.

nonetheless, yes i am still around. yes i still read threads.

have a great day gents!

drock
03-11-2011, 06:15 PM
The topic is the Hatch . And i like that shiznit . The interiors nice Charlie what are those prelude seats ,and the back matched? How did u figure out how to do all of this work and u haven't been on this site ?
Id also like to know what you did with the motor im for sure u did something with all the other mods you got in it .
Any ways i like the Hatch, this car gives me a new level of respect for them . There some nice ones out there . And i like the Cali look in it .

thank you sir. i really appreciate it. yes lude seats. the work was done with no knowledge of the car. this site did not intrigue me to do what i did. just put my own spin on the car. and yeah it has the cali look. i am a sandiego boy through and through.

again, thanks man.

RAZR
03-11-2011, 06:20 PM
dude i love how ur hatch looks it one of the cooliest looking hatchs ive seen but im just wondering about your wield hp numbers on the corolla
cause like 86ccordlxi said u cant get those number out of that supercharger

MessyHonda
03-12-2011, 12:51 AM
we need more 3gee hatch porn plz

Greg Dawson
05-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Very clean look. Good looking ride!

-$MOKIN-
06-02-2011, 06:47 PM

:thumbup:

-$MOKIN-
06-02-2011, 07:06 PM
If you ask me i think you HATERS out there need to BEAT IT. You fags couldnt build a freakin Model .Let alone a real car with style and smooth lines lines like this hatch .Its so sad to see a car of this caliber get shunned becuase of someone on here who wants to HATE .
If u ask me i think both cars are bad ass. And Honestly i dont like Hatches except for Roaches and this one.
He took a 300 dollar car a made it nice as hell with out even come to this site and asking a million questions.
drock i think you got style and like it. dont let a couple jelous people out there keep you away from people who are interested in it..
I hope u can get some more Hatch pics . Id like to see the engine bay and a better look at the back seat area.
FOR ALL OF U WHO WANNA HATE ON HIM .THATS NO WAY TO WELCOME SOMEONE HERE WITH SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND EXPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A AWSOME EYE FOR STYLE..:321:

RAZR
06-02-2011, 07:12 PM
If you ask me i think you HATERS out there need to BEAT IT. You fags couldnt build a freakin Model .Let alone a real car with style and smooth lines lines like this hatch .Its so sad to see a car of this caliber get shunned becuase of someone on here who wants to HATE .
If u ask me i think both cars are bad ass. And Honestly i dont like Hatches except for Roaches and this one.
He took a 300 dollar car a made it nice as hell with out even come to this site and asking a million questions.
drock i think you got style and like it. dont let a couple jelous people out there keep you away from people who are interested in it..
I hope u can get some more Hatch pics . Id like to see the engine bay and a better look at the back seat area.
FOR ALL OF U WHO WANNA HATE ON HIM .THATS NO WAY TO WELCOME SOMEONE HERE WITH SO MUCH POTENTIAL AND EXPECIALLY FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS A AWSOME EYE FOR STYLE..:321:

we werent shunning his hatch. his hatch is awesome. we were questioning his insane numbers he supposedly made on his toyota

wh1skea
06-03-2011, 04:43 AM

+2

86AccordLxi
06-12-2011, 12:56 PM

tl;dr

stat1K
06-12-2011, 01:56 PM
^ x2