PDA

View Full Version : bunch of questions...........

RandyAM
02-07-2011, 11:30 PM
hopefully i get a bunch of answers

1) HOW IN THE HELL DO I GET THE RIGHT SIDE LIGHT COVER OFF?! I must have pried at that damn lens cover for a good 10 minutes and it didnt pop off once, and im really getting sick of my right turn signal, blinking super ultra fast.

2) i need my power windows done, but honda quoted me $600, and my mechanic quoted me $450. any idea where i can find the parts to fix them? my drivers side doesnt work at ALL, and my passenger side is super weak. I looked on andys auto sport, but they only have the 4 door application, i got the 2 door. Would something from the same year prelude work maybe?

3) the motor has almost 210,000kms, and im starting to put in the high mileage oils and stuff, and i have noticed that its really slow at take off, i have to rev to almost 3 grand to avoid the low rev shudder. is there a simple solution, or should i rebuild/swap?

4) Upon further investigation, I have found out that my transmission has the special edition, super low gear. now also, my second and third gear are starting to be a bitch to shift into at high revs, (second being the worst, when i down shift) Is that super low gear something i should keep, and just rebuild the trans, or swap in a new one?

5) my trunk leaks like a sieve, and every day after a rain fall, i have a pond in the trunk. even days when its been really cold out, and i have condensation on the inside of my trunk, i have a pond under my spare tire. anywhere i can buy seals??? or is there another alternative???

thats all i can think of right meow, hopefully i can get some answers.

thx guys

Demon1024
02-08-2011, 01:39 AM
Which right side light? just from a similar experience im gonna guess the front blinker on the front of the bumper. Its a screw you hit from under the bumper looking straight up. Think theres a cover over the area of the bumper

I lol'd at #3

im gonna guess it's a manual and you need a new clutch. First i would suggest you check the fluid in your tranny, as that can cause hard shifts too.

#5 i'd look at the taillight seals for that leak. Unless maybe you got some serious rust around the bottom of the trunk lid. Either way you'll get some real rust inside there if you don't fix it right Meow

charliekuney
02-08-2011, 08:58 AM
1) HOW IN THE HELL DO I GET THE RIGHT SIDE LIGHT COVER OFF?! I must have pried at that damn lens cover for a good 10 minutes and it didnt pop off once, and im really getting sick of my right turn signal, blinking super ultra fast.

1) Remove fog light cover in bumper. 2) Look up and find screw hole behind lens. 3) Loosen screw (it will not come out all the way; it's on a washer so you don't loose it and don't have to fight to get it back in). 3) Pull out lens from side closest to the side of the car (inner side has a tab). 4) Remove socket by twisting and remove bulb by pushing in and twisting. 5) Repeat in reverse order.

2) i need my power windows done, but honda quoted me $600, and my mechanic quoted me $450. any idea where i can find the parts to fix them? my drivers side doesnt work at ALL, and my passenger side is super weak. I looked on andys auto sport, but they only have the 4 door application, i got the 2 door. Would something from the same year prelude work maybe?

I'm going to say no to the Prelude. Check for fuses and relays first. If the right side is slow, you need a new motor. You can do that yourself.

3) the motor has almost 210,000kms, and im starting to put in the high mileage oils and stuff, and i have noticed that its really slow at take off, i have to rev to almost 3 grand to avoid the low rev shudder. is there a simple solution, or should i rebuild/swap?

Is this all the time or only when it warms up? My car does this, but only for the thirty seconds or so of driving. Also, don't use high mileage - it cleans out all of the gunk that holds your engine together at this point.

4) Upon further investigation, I have found out that my transmission has the special edition, super low gear. now also, my second and third gear are starting to be a bitch to shift into at high revs, (second being the worst, when i down shift) Is that super low gear something i should keep, and just rebuild the trans, or swap in a new one?

Ummm...what? These cars never came with the granny gear. Are you talking about first gear? ...Do you have a Civic? haha

5) my trunk leaks like a sieve, and every day after a rain fall, i have a pond in the trunk. even days when its been really cold out, and i have condensation on the inside of my trunk, i have a pond under my spare tire. anywhere i can buy seals??? or is there another alternative???

There's a hole underneath the spare tire that needs to be cleared so it can drain. Check the seal lining the trunk. Make sure the area between that and the body of the car is clear. There's really nowhere else water can get into the trunk except for the tail lights, as mentioned above.

Dr_Snooz
02-08-2011, 09:00 AM
RockAuto.com has window regulators and motors for coupes. If I were you, I'd start by lubing up the window mechanism real good first. Oil all the pivots and grease all the slides. Finish up by spraying the felt tracks with silicone dry lube. If that doesn't do it, replace the regulators.

RandyAM
02-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Ummm...what? These cars never came with the granny gear. Are you talking about first gear? ...Do you have a Civic? haha

haha no 88 accord exi

yeah first gear. im guessing its not that special and a swap would do?

charliekuney
02-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Please don't tell me you start off from a stop in second...?

No, change the fluid first and test the clutch.

RandyAM
02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
no, i start off in first.

changed the fluid once already

RAZR
02-10-2011, 08:56 AM
Please don't tell me you start off from a stop in second

Lolol. If I do that my car shakes and chugs. Haha

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 09:09 AM
If you start off in first, where does the granny gear come in?