PDA

View Full Version : Shaved corner lights

Asinner2
02-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Has anyone shave the front corner lights on a 3g? Also: what about filling in the headlight cover lip? I really am not feeling the plastic trim.

btw, I am not asking if it is a good idea or not to shave the corner lights. I know it would make seeing me from the side at night difficult. I just what to see a picture of what it would look like in the wild.

88lxi-shortram
02-10-2011, 06:15 AM
i dont think anyone has ever done it due the fact its just kind of pointless.... as far as filling in the headlights it can easily be done with bondo. hell you could do it with jb weld if you wanted to.

Asinner2
02-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Pointless, I'm sure but then again most of the mods I see are pointless. People have been shaving cars for ages.
I am pretty handy with a welder and patching metal so filling in the lights is not a problem.

88lxi-shortram
02-10-2011, 06:45 AM
imo body mods are useless in general. they require so much time and money that could be being put into the motor... as far as yours go they wouldnt be expensive but not only would they look wrong but would take away functionabiltity of your side lights. which= tickets. shaving was coo a while ago but once everyone begin shaving cars left and right it became played out and :rice:...

Pico
02-10-2011, 07:02 AM
how does shaving body parts = rice, street rodders have been and still are doing it.

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 09:11 AM
People have done the headlight bucket, and painted over the side trim, but it looks retarded because the lower section of the headlight bucket becomes longer than the upper section.

Asinner2
02-10-2011, 09:32 AM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n627/asinner2/Accordmocup.jpg
mock up. I see what you mean about the Headlight looking longer. There is a slight bend towards the bottom that I didn't PS in. That could balance it out.

It's all about making it mine. Every custom is! sure I could put the time/$ into the engine but I will not be the fastest car on the road so once again...pointless. In everyones opinion, everything can be meaningless. What matters to you, matters most.

I also added a second hood bump, also pointless.

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
What are you going to do about the upper grill?

Asinner2
02-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Charlie, I was actually thinking about running it straight into the light cover or using a second hood to flip the little offsets over and taper it down into the bumper instead of "up" into the hood. Also considered opening up the grill, doubling it's size.

2oodoor
02-10-2011, 10:53 AM
I have had thoughts of not adding the third hood hump as you call it, but just raising the one that is there already. And it would not be pointless because it would accomodate more stuff under the hood.
You could just paint body color on some of those trim items youre not feeling, it give almost the same flavor with much less work and worry of materials failing.

charliekuney
02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
And it would not be pointless because it would accomodate more stuff under the hood.

I believe the stock cowl is aesthetic, so are you saying he'd cut out the center of the inside as well?

RAZR
02-10-2011, 11:58 AM
I dont like it
something about it just doesnt look right :(

A18A
02-10-2011, 02:35 PM
http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/5017/skoolaccord20.jpg

yo dawg @ the hood hump hehe

88lxi-shortram
02-10-2011, 03:25 PM
how does shaving body parts = rice, street rodders have been and still are doing it.

im not talking about the street rodders... i should have been more specific... but around here it usually begins with chrome tailights then a shaved trunk then a crooked license plate and dual exhaust on a stock civc.... basically around here you either have a DD a rice rider or a clean ass car... but hey if its your thing go for it like i said everything i say is JUST my opinion...

import racer
02-10-2011, 04:29 PM
Well both things he wants to do were done on the prelude from factory,so whats the big deal.Besides everyone changes things on their car It's what personalizes it.

Vanilla Sky
02-11-2011, 12:31 PM
I'd go for it. I'd do the grille differently from the white one above, but I like the concept of shaved lights.

One thing I would do is add corner markers in the fender by the door to keep it legal. You could also go really smooth and put in some LED strip lights between the bumper and the fender, keeping you legal and shaved. Depending on your area, you may need a reflector, but that can be put anywhere that's visible at night. I've seen them as wheel center caps. In FL, that's legal to the letter of the law.

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I guess the while car isn't too bad. I just realized that the body line goes around the front of the car...

lostforawhile
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
didn't one of the preludes with the flips have fenders that matched the three g? i thought they didn't have the corner markers, I couldn't remember, if you shave the corners, what about some of the new high intensity mini corner markers, the fender ones, get some off of an oem late model

Vanilla Sky
02-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I am going to say that now that I'm really looking at it, you really need to swap to an earlier bumper to get the dip under the grille. If you do that, flip the grille and mold it, you might have a nice looking front end.