PDA

View Full Version : vacuum like 17 and 21

poison2003
02-11-2011, 08:33 AM
As you might know I'm having some trouble with my car. Well the other day we found something out. While looking around we saw that one of the 17 lines were plugged up and instead of it connecting to aircleaner like on the vacuum diagram the guy put line 21 connecting to it which doesn't go no where its just a blocked off circuit. Now that we switched it it seems that everytime I press on the brakes and release the clutch the idle goes down until it stalls. I end up using the handbrake for a complete stop until I can fix it
I'd like to take some pics but my comp doesn't have internet and my phone doesn't want to upload.
Also found a big line about half and inch in diameter which is also blocked off with a bolt its prbly about a foot long and is located under the intake manifold facing the firewall. I'm not sure what it connects to because I couldn't find anything or even a number on the vacuum diagram x

Dr_Snooz
02-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm not sure what your question is, but I'm assuming you're trying to get it back to factory? There are vacuum diagrams available in the manuals on the wiki (http://3geez.wiki-tv.com/Honda_service_manuals). Proceed cautiously and don't be afraid to replace line that is hard, cracked or broken. Your stalling problem could very well be a vacuum leak. You might have reconnected a broken line. The only 1/2" vacuum line I know of is the brake booster line. Pics would be extremely helpful.

poison2003
02-11-2011, 01:52 PM
That would explain why when I press the brake the idle goes down

Christofur
02-11-2011, 02:06 PM
if the brake booster had a leak it would be idling bad all the time not just when you press the brake.

poison2003
02-11-2011, 02:11 PM
if the brake booster had a leak it would be idling bad all the time not just when you press the brake.

It is jerky when your between 1-2k rpm especially in 1st and 2nd and a little in 3rd