PDA

View Full Version : The Idea.

Nio
02-11-2011, 07:53 PM
Okay so in April I'm taking leave for the first time since Aug'. I'll be taking roughly 12 -14 days of leave. I will have about 2 and a half grand to spend on Rin.

So while I'm pulling the engine out to replace the bearings and crank. I thought I might as well get to work on her looks.

This is a rough photoshop picture of the Idea I was thinking of going with.
*30 minutes XD*

Konig Rewinds 15" or 16", and some lowering springs.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/My%2089%20Honda%20Accord/ProjectRin2.jpg

The colors will be almost identical, but the grey paint will be grey primer till I get it back to cali. I haven't decided on the final color for those gery, but the hood will be black *not in this picture*

Let me know what you think of the look. I know its rough but let me know.

If you don't know, this is what she looked like back before I left for boot.

*but the the whole side has been sanded and primed, none of that paint is there.*
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/My%2089%20Honda%20Accord/SSPX0491.jpg

Dr_Snooz
02-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Go for it. I've never seen a two-tone 3g. I bet it'll look epic when you're done.

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 09:48 PM
Go for it. I've never seen a two-tone 3g. I bet it'll look epic when you're done.

I have. It doesn't look that good. I vote stay away from multi-colors.

Nio
02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
I have. It doesn't look that good. I vote stay away from multi-colors.

to me its odd, but the photoshop I did makes the car look thinner in two tone..

Which is something I very much like.

ShyBoyCA6
02-11-2011, 10:15 PM
Um I don't like the way it looks sorry.

I think the 2 tone does not look good on a 3gee. The rims don't look right on the car. Why not get the LS mesh rims 15" on there and do a darker two tone color if not one color would be good.

Nio
02-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Um I don't like the way it looks sorry.

I think the 2 tone does not look good on a 3gee. The rims don't look right on the car. Why not get the LS mesh rims 15" on there and do a darker two tone color if not one color would be good.

just took a look at those rims

Not really my style. They seem a little I don't know, common to me. XD

I really like these, closest thing I will ever get to wanntanabes.

>.> maybe I just have really odd taste...Cause I really like the way the car looks

*EDIT*

okay I went back in and removed the two-tone.
But I kept the rims.

It does look pretty good like this as well.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/ProjectRinnotone.jpg

charliekuney
02-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Consider this: if you plan to make the two-tone below the trim, the bumpers will be two colors. If you plan to paint the entire bumper, the lines won't match up.

lostforawhile
02-13-2011, 07:40 AM
the two tone only really works on prefacelift cars with the black bumpers, then only in black and white, this makes the trim black and everything below the trim black, I think if you search panda some older pictures will come up, if it's done right it looks great

2oodoor
02-13-2011, 07:48 AM
about the two tone, what color are the side mouldings going to be?
My taste would be be painting the side mouldings body color, or what ever color the bottom half is going to be, then break the two tone body line Foose style by bringing it up to about two inches below the arch of the fenders, making sure that line is streight and above the door handles which also would be body color. I would then possibly make a break in the angle of the two tone line towards the rear, separating the colors with a radical color painted pin possibly.
The two tone break style at the mid door like you show it really doenst look right unless you have huge wheel opening mouldings like say and F 150 or a Honda Element, or Avalanche.
THERE were some domestic cars that tried that two tone break in the middle, such as early eightys mustangs, Futuras, Pacers.. never really held much appeal to me anyway.
Look at any Foose paint scheme and note how imaginary body lines are created that really enhance the actual lines and make the bodies seem chopped depending which car its done on.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/4/415/981/38535490001_large.jpg

Nio
02-13-2011, 10:04 AM
This is a very old photoshop picture.

But something along these lines. of course with the rims I've picked out.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/Photoshop/Untitled-1-1.jpg

This was the original Idea, but I was thinking of swaping the white out for orange. *and the windows would be black tint,*

mitchy13(pikachu)
02-13-2011, 10:58 AM
dude its ur car bro (not disrespecting anyone saying no to the two tone) but its ur car man. do wat u would like to do. im gonna do the same like my signature pic....but still not decided with the rims color.

NIO - hahah i was gonna go with orange but my x got mad cause i was taking her color that she was gonna put on her bel air

charliekuney
02-13-2011, 11:31 AM
Let me what you think of the look.

dude its ur car bro (not disrespecting anyone saying no to the two tone) but its ur car man.

Maybe you should actually read his posts. ;)

Nio
02-13-2011, 11:34 AM
dude its ur car bro (not disrespecting anyone saying no to the two tone) but its ur car man. do wat u would like to do. im gonna do the same like my signature pic....but still not decided with the rims color.

NIO - hahah i was gonna go with orange but my x got mad cause i was taking her color that she was gonna put on her bel air

XD I know its my car, but I like to get others opinions because It helps me change the idea a bit, get something that I might not of thought of.

last time I did this I changed my idea for my engine bay..and my speaker set up XD rofl.

And yea the orange seems to me would be a sweet color.

and this is the color orange I want.

http://i820.photobucket.com/albums/zz126/rivky770/Dodge%20Charger/danko_orange1-1.jpg

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/1973_Toyota_Corrolla_Turbo_Front_1.jpg

I was thinking of doing the same thing the rolla has on its rims. the orange wall. *but in the right color*

*EDIT*
charlie thanks for catching that typo as well. I changed that :P

charliekuney
02-13-2011, 09:09 PM
charlie thanks for catching that typo as well. I changed that :P

I wasn't correcting anything of yours. I was pointing out that you asked for opinions, which is the point of this thread. "mitchy13(pikachu)" didn't bother to actually read your posts like the rest of us.

Also, don't do highlighter orange or turn signal amber.

Nio
02-13-2011, 09:32 PM
I wasn't correcting anything of yours. I was pointing out that you asked for opinions, which is the point of this thread. "mitchy13(pikachu)" didn't bother to actually read your posts like the rest of us.

Also, don't do highlighter orange or turn signal amber.

first. :3 I know you where letting him know, but because of that I was able to notice a typo. :D

and why not the orange? to bright of a color?

charliekuney
02-14-2011, 10:28 AM
First, the Charger looks like a Photoshop'd pictures, so it's hard to tell what the color would look like in real life. Second, the Corolla is turn signal amber, which is just gross. Plus it has highlighter wheels. More gross. Orange is a hard color to get right as there are a lot of ugly oranges. Oh, and look around at other members' cars with dramatically non-OEM colors. Most of them don't look that great...

Nio
02-14-2011, 11:44 AM
First, the Charger looks like a Photoshop'd pictures, so it's hard to tell what the color would look like in real life. Second, the Corolla is turn signal amber, which is just gross. Plus it has highlighter wheels. More gross. Orange is a hard color to get right as there are a lot of ugly oranges. Oh, and look around at other members' cars with dramatically non-OEM colors. Most of them don't look that great...

:D very true... But it just takes doing it right, which I'm willing to risk.

I mean the Bright lime green one looks pretty good.

But, if not orange, how about snapdragon yellow?

lol Ideas are fun to mess with.

charliekuney
02-14-2011, 12:20 PM
But, if not orange, how about snapdragon yellow?

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/2202603000.html

Nio
02-14-2011, 12:26 PM

AHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!!

okay okay....how about just black and white. :D panda style. I saw that hatchi with the black hood, and bumpers and it looks very nice. >.> and its a style I wouldn't mind so much.

charliekuney
02-14-2011, 12:35 PM
I don't see why you don't want to keep the rare Astruias Grey.

mitchy13(pikachu)
02-14-2011, 02:24 PM
hahah that needed some red round fogs and itll look like a pikachu car.....without ears hahahaha

Nio
02-14-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't see why you don't want to keep the rare Astruias Grey.

>.> well for one. I've already sanded almost all of the body, and two it just seems a little dull. do you have any of the gray with a black hood?

lostforawhile
02-14-2011, 04:09 PM

thats prelude yellow, looks just like a lude in that color

Nio
02-14-2011, 04:18 PM
thats prelude yellow, looks just like a lude in that color

Well when I thought of yellow I was thinking this.

http://www.motorpix.com/pictures/2008/japshow_japanese_performance_car/25.jpg

cubert
02-14-2011, 04:23 PM
AHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!!

okay okay....how about just black and white. :D panda style. I saw that hatchi with the black hood, and bumpers and it looks very nice. >.> and its a style I wouldn't mind so much.

Why do Panda? So everyone and their mother can think you have an old Corolla?

Do something different....forget what other peoples opinions are.

Nio
02-14-2011, 04:30 PM
Why do Panda? So everyone and their mother can think you have an old Corolla?

Do something different....forget what other peoples opinions are.

:P well the Panda seems to look good. >.> but still its too common.

But I still want something different... but the problem is I don't want to be driving a car that's ugly...nor do I want to drive a car I end up repainting every couple of months.

and the biggest problem is I'm not at home, I'm away from my car. have been for almost 6 months, I want to work on her, but the closest I can get until April is photoshop TT_TT, its not very cool.

lostforawhile
02-14-2011, 06:32 PM
Well when I thought of yellow I was thinking this.

http://www.motorpix.com/pictures/2008/japshow_japanese_performance_car/25.jpg

thats what i meant that was one of the uncommon colors in the lude, there used to be two of them that color here

http://www.autoevolution.com/images/gallery/medium/HONDAPrelude-medium-3090_1.jpg

Nio
02-14-2011, 06:38 PM
Yea but the lude color seems like banana yellow, while the civic is a burnt yellow.

so I think it might work :P do it in panda style with a black hood, black bumpers, the black side panel, black mirrors and the rest the burnt *or snapdragon* yellow.

I think I like that, I'm gonna go with it :D

Dr_Snooz
02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
If you're going to go with a very bold color, I would say the rest of the car had better be pretty bangin'. You can pull it off, but you better come to play. Get the baddest rims and the sickest body kit and absolutely flawless body work. If you go with a real bright orange or flashy yellow, you're basically screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M HOT STUFF" If you aren't hot stuff, it's going to be pretty obvious pretty quick.

Remember that you're working with an '80s car. The lines and the rims and the aesthetics are all '80s, so you want to choose a color that works with those. Hunter Green and Taupe were all the rage back then and white was the most common color to see on cars. I'm not recommending any of those; just evoking the period. If you throw a '70s color on, like the burnt yellow, there's a real chance it will look awkward in a very short time.

I'd say you really want to think about what your car will look like when it's all done. Decide if you want a tricked out show car, a flat out racer, a boulevard cruiser, low rider, reliable daily driver or whatever. I think the color will kind of flow from that.

Nio
02-14-2011, 08:51 PM
If you're going to go with a very bold color, I would say the rest of the car had better be pretty bangin'. You can pull it off, but you better come to play. Get the baddest rims and the sickest body kit and absolutely flawless body work. If you go with a real bright orange or flashy yellow, you're basically screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M HOT STUFF" If you aren't hot stuff, it's going to be pretty obvious pretty quick.

Remember that you're working with an '80s car. The lines and the rims and the aesthetics are all '80s, so you want to choose a color that works with those. Hunter Green and Taupe were all the rage back then and white was the most common color to see on cars. I'm not recommending any of those; just evoking the period. If you throw a '70s color on, like the burnt yellow, there's a real chance it will look awkward in a very short time.

I'd say you really want to think about what your car will look like when it's all done. Decide if you want a tricked out show car, a flat out racer, a boulevard cruiser, low rider, reliable daily driver or whatever. I think the color will kind of flow from that.

Good Idea. :D I guess personally I want it to be flat out racer with some style thrown in. *keyword some*

I checked out a body kit I liked. Kaminari

http://www.kaminari.com/catalog/16

K090520 - 1986-1987 Honda Accord Air Dam - FRP - $195.00
http://www.kaminari.com/honda-accord-air-dam-frp-1986

K090540 - 1986-1987 Honda Accord Rear Skirt - FRP $245.00
http://www.kaminari.com/honda-accord-rear-skirt-frp-1986
*I would cut the muffler area open a bit more for more space on this one. and I would have the car lowered so it wouldn't seem like such a huge space*

I've already chosen rims and and know the inside will still be stripped but painted, and I will have custom panels *not really panls, but sill*

I don't want anything for a spoiler besides maybe a ducktail. no vents on the hood, and no odd vents on the fenders. I might do fender flares *think thats what they are called* so I can add a small spacer, but I still don't know how that might affect the car*

BTW I'm surprised no one figured this out yet, but oh well.

My 3g, is named after this character.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Yx0cT1lD3ww/TQhdzXRsOqI/AAAAAAAAA_8/XWT8JRSn56Y/s1600/61041952_RinKagamine.jpg

The reason I picked the name was because I loved the color scheme she has. I thought it would match this car greatly. plus I always name my cars.

dacantu
02-14-2011, 10:15 PM
That yellow is called Phoenix Yellow off of the Type R. Its OEM and looks good but I dont think outrageous colors like that flow with the body style of the 3GEE

stat1K
02-15-2011, 07:15 AM
this is quite possibly the GAYEST thread i have ever been a part of, and that's saying a lot. i at one point have been quoted as saying, "who is tim and where can i get the naughty pictures of him" so i think i know what i'm talking about.

butttttt... all anime nerd shit aside, it is your car so do what you like right? i'm sick of people saying "oh this is played out or that's played out." if you like it you like it right? why try to be different when it's just a matter of preference. i've liked clean simple cars forever, now that's the fad, just stock looking maybe a subtle lip kit and stock color with oem rims or something not too flashy.

good luck finding that kaminari kit, good luck with all of this really. i don't understand aesthetic improvements before engine or suspension/brake upgrades. yeah it looks hella racer style broseph but when you jam on the pedal you go... NO WHERE. that's the worst thing a honda fan boi can do. i'd rather have a car that looks like a total shit box but fly when i step on it. i guess that's the difference between wanting to GO FAST and LOOK FAST right? right.

Nio
02-15-2011, 07:43 AM
this is quite possibly the GAYEST thread i have ever been a part of, and that's saying a lot. i at one point have been quoted as saying, "who is tim and where can i get the naughty pictures of him" so i think i know what i'm talking about.

butttttt... all anime nerd shit aside, it is your car so do what you like right? i'm sick of people saying "oh this is played out or that's played out." if you like it you like it right? why try to be different when it's just a matter of preference. i've liked clean simple cars forever, now that's the fad, just stock looking maybe a subtle lip kit and stock color with oem rims or something not too flashy.

good luck finding that kaminari kit, good luck with all of this really. i don't understand aesthetic improvements before engine or suspension/brake upgrades. yeah it looks hella racer style broseph but when you jam on the pedal you go... NO WHERE. that's the worst thing a honda fan boi can do. i'd rather have a car that looks like a total shit box but fly when i step on it. i guess that's the difference between wanting to GO FAST and LOOK FAST right? right.

I'm gonna guess, XD you haven't read my other threads, this is just for looks. my money HAS ALWAYS gone to the parts on the car first, getting it running better.

why do you think I kept asking about the overbore for the B18 pistons, why do you think I was asking for a better replacement to my crank in my other thread. I want the car fast. But this thread is about the idea of the look.

I've always wanted my car faster, looks come last. not like I can photoshop a engine now can I. nope.

Now please :P If your want to help me make the car faster. my other threads are open.

stat1K
02-15-2011, 03:44 PM
overbored pistons and a new crank isn't going to make the car "fast" neither is a spectre autozone special intake.

the only cars left that really do body kits are ricers and the kouki crowd and those cars push 300+ in most cases... 350 parts budget isn't a "parts budget" just saying.

2oodoor
02-15-2011, 04:09 PM
:stick:I have to agree, not the most matter of fact thread ever... call it ghey if you will.. I call it just dreaming and learning about ones car.
I see nothing wrong at all with that.
Nothing is played out, Nothing is ever played out, that is only the statement of a played out entheusiist who moved on to another style a while. Anybody that knows anything about cars as a hobby of sorts knows dam well anything goes all the time. It is called personalization. The things that do seem to be eye candy are the trends riding the west coast, top to bottom Tacoma to Baja. As for performance, nothing really has been reinventing the wheel for the past ten years from what Ive seen unless youre into turbo diesel, electrics, electronic cam hardware, or hybrids. Otherwise its old school, the same principals apply, the only thing new is machining custom parts for obsolete runners. That is what its about here in the performance section. Rant to match ya Stat1k :stick:

Nio
02-15-2011, 04:23 PM
overbored pistons and a new crank isn't going to make the car "fast" neither is a spectre autozone special intake.

the only cars left that really do body kits are ricers and the kouki crowd and those cars push 300+ in most cases... 350 parts budget isn't a "parts budget" just saying.

T_T okay you want the total.

In april when I go home from my first leave from the navy. I will have 2000$ to put into the car. I've been trying to get home but I've moved from great lakes to here without being able to go home.

the 350 in the other post *SINCE YOU DIDN'T READ IT* is for the crank and bearings only, maybe some pistons if I can find some cheap ones to replace the stock ones for temp.

I will be doing the over bore from 82.7 to 83mm to put in forged rods and pistons. The b16 Intake manifold with the water coolant cut out. a P&P job done by west texas customs. *which is also doing the overbore* Headers from pacesetter, as well as the exhaust system and then a Skunk2 muffler, On top of that a new fuel pump, breaks, rotors, valve kit from bisimotor, along with there stage 2 cam & cam gear, Battery relocation to the trunk so I can do a true CAI, not the cheap spectra that I got as a GIFT, new master break cylinder as well. not to mention some new parts for simpler things like my CV joints, and break lines. and a whole mess of other parts.

I already have a new oil tank, gas tank, cables to relocate my battery and ground, window to replace the broken one, the CV joints are already sitting at the house. and a couple other little things like hoses and cables to replace the old stuff.

*this is not all happening in april, but a good bit of it is.*

don't think I haven't gone through this, I have a list of parts I'm getting and I should have this car all set up by august with everything I need.

I've been planning this since I got the car. but lack of a job and then boot camp, training, and a transfer have kept me from it.

if you read the very first build thread I did, you might see the love I have for this car. Not to mention the fact I went though all the trouble to get this car push start, spending a whole month tracking down the right owner of the title, dealing with the broken dizzy, the bad tank that was in it, the fuel injection problem, Main relay that went out and I had to drop the dash to find it. and a crap load of other problems. *like the 2 bent rims I had on it, which was causing the shaking* The sanding on both front fenders, the bumpers and hood where done by hand, and I finished all but the trunk and roof before leaving for boot camp. primed them, and its been sitting since, *due to that it now has 1 flat tire. which was crap since I bought it from a junk yard*

so before you start trashing me on "rice" check all my stuff.

now give me a hug and help me out here.
(>^_^)>

stat1K
02-15-2011, 06:00 PM
lol all that money and a pacesetter header? so what like 120wheel? gl man you'll need it

Nio
02-15-2011, 06:06 PM
lol all that money and a pacesetter header? so what like 120wheel? gl man you'll need it

I still haven't gotten word on the OBX.

and if you can find me some DCs I'll gladly buy them cause the last one I emailed for someone beat me to them.

BTW, my bisimoto cam gear is on its way, :P, decided to go ahead and get it since I don't want to wait and miss out.

stat1K
02-16-2011, 08:32 AM
DC HEADERS are nice but horribly over priced. especially for the power band they really create.

the obx seems like the best decision so far in my opinion but my point was more or less that you're planning on spending all this money and still going with an a20. i don't see the point unless it's to be turbo'd at a later date and time. the motor isn't really capable of huge amounts of power because the head doesn't flow as much as other designs. 12v is limited in it's capability overall. you'll never see a 250whp accord N/A and if you do it will be a lot more than 2g's spent.

now i'm not saying you're going for that amount, but if you want the car to be "fast" or "racer" than 250 is kind of a good starting point for what one would consider fast. if you want it to be quicker than stock sure 120 is a good number if you get it.

my thoughts on the look of your car are exactly what i mentioned.

stock color or 1-color, black / maroon / white are all nice colors for the 3g in my opinion. blue on an 80's car looks tacky if it's like the EBP from the si's. yellow looks like a prelude only uglier than the prelude was with yellow. orange is too much and should be reserved for more classic cars like hazwan's accord. phoenix red is too bright, i saw a dx coupe the other day and it hurt my eyes, not a good choice at all. green is something i've really never seen on an accord but a nice forest or hunter green like the 98-01 accords had would be classy in my opinion.

see i think it's a difference of core values when it comes to what looks nice. simple to me is better, you clearly must be lithuanian or of polish/jewish descent liking all those gawdy color choices.

it's your car though like most of us have said, but basing it on an anime character? and calling it "rin" and "project rin" is just way too fanboi for me man. i like anime as much as the next guy but i would never call my car "project spike" or "project vash" or even "project geist" or maybe "project neon genesis."

cubert
02-16-2011, 09:27 AM
you clearly must be lithuanian or of polish descent liking all those gawdy color choices.

Hey! I dont drive an orange car... :lol:

dacantu
02-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Lol.

Dr_Snooz
02-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Good Idea. :D I guess personally I want it to be flat out racer with some style thrown in. *keyword some*

I checked out a body kit I liked. Kaminari

http://www.kaminari.com/catalog/16

K090520 - 1986-1987 Honda Accord Air Dam - FRP - $195.00
http://www.kaminari.com/honda-accord-air-dam-frp-1986

K090540 - 1986-1987 Honda Accord Rear Skirt - FRP $245.00
http://www.kaminari.com/honda-accord-rear-skirt-frp-1986
*I would cut the muffler area open a bit more for more space on this one. and I would have the car lowered so it wouldn't seem like such a huge space*

I've already chosen rims and and know the inside will still be stripped but painted, and I will have custom panels *not really panls, but sill*

I don't want anything for a spoiler besides maybe a ducktail. no vents on the hood, and no odd vents on the fenders. I might do fender flares *think thats what they are called* so I can add a small spacer, but I still don't know how that might affect the car*

BTW I'm surprised no one figured this out yet, but oh well.

My 3g, is named after this character.

The reason I picked the name was because I loved the color scheme she has. I thought it would match this car greatly. plus I always name my cars.

Dude, you've already figured out what you want to do. You have the color palette. You have the body kit. It's all there. You just need to execute.

I am of the opinion that what other people are doing or saying should NEVER be your reference point. You should never simply do what everyone else is doing or what they aren't doing or what they think you ought to do. Hell, everyone else might be buying Jesus beads or wearing leisure suits. It doesn't mean it's a good idea. You should do what you think will be cool and what you want to do. Fads be damned.

Chip Foose doesn't take a poll before he builds a car. He does what he thinks would be cool. You should do the same. You'll never please the haters, but you can please yourself.

stat1K
02-16-2011, 10:09 AM
Dude, you've already figured out what you want to do. You have the color palette. You have the body kit. It's all there. You just need to execute.

I am of the opinion that what other people are doing or saying should NEVER be your reference point. You should never simply do what everyone else is doing or what they aren't doing or what they think you ought to do. Hell, everyone else might be buying Jesus beads or wearing leisure suits. It doesn't mean it's a good idea. You should do what you think will be cool and what you want to do. Fads be damned.

Chip Foose doesn't take a poll before he builds a car. He does what he thinks would be cool. You should do the same. You'll never please the haters, but you can please yourself.

TROOF. (and i'm definitely a hater)

Nio
02-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Alright then. :D I will execute.

as for the stuff you find odd, weird, strange. Trust me I know, and personally thats how I plan to keep it.

So the car is decided. I'm going to do it in snap dragon yellow with black. Some of you might think its going to look fugly, but when I'm done, you can decide then for yourself. but I'm gonna love every bit of it.

bullard123
02-16-2011, 11:57 AM

Lol I have a two-tone 3g

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/8855/feb2011honda5.jpg

stat1K
02-16-2011, 02:47 PM
as long as you love it that's fine.

like bullards car is a good example, he likes it, that's all that matters.

mitchy13(pikachu)
02-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Alright then. :D I will execute.

as for the stuff you find odd, weird, strange. Trust me I know, and personally thats how I plan to keep it.

So the car is decided. I'm going to do it in snap dragon yellow with black. Some of you might think its going to look fugly, but when I'm done, you can decide then for yourself. but I'm gonna love every bit of it.

thats the spirit.....do it ur own way. ^_^

Nio
02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
okay, did OBX really just jump up a standard?

just got this months DSPORT. and they have a very nice looking ad in there..

did they buy the header design off another company?

stat1K
02-16-2011, 07:13 PM
okay, did OBX really just jump up a standard?

just got this months DSPORT. and they have a very nice looking ad in there..

did they buy the header design off another company?

yes they bought s&s's old designs.

there is no quality difference in dc sports and obx or really many of the ebay brands like megan. the difference is the name. back in the 90's dc sports had a good rep, then they went out of business and had to be bought out, just like S&S, from that point it became chinese made shit just like ebay. i've seen more rusted dc headers than any others to be honest.

most of the accord shit was made a while back that's why it's a little better than pacesetter, but the obx is a nice piece.

Nio
02-16-2011, 07:59 PM
yes they bought s&s's old designs.

there is no quality difference in dc sports and obx or really many of the ebay brands like megan. the difference is the name. back in the 90's dc sports had a good rep, then they went out of business and had to be bought out, just like S&S, from that point it became chinese made shit just like ebay. i've seen more rusted dc headers than any others to be honest.

most of the accord shit was made a while back that's why it's a little better than pacesetter, but the obx is a nice piece.

They worth picking up, they are like the same price as the pacesetter.

>.> not to mention they look better. But also aren't they kinda big, I think I remember someone bought it on here and replaced part with a ball joint.

MessyHonda
02-16-2011, 11:32 PM
so far the DC headers have been the best if you can find them cheap...i remember i loved mine. i want to try the OBX headers and i will keep you updated.

Nio
02-16-2011, 11:35 PM
so far the DC headers have been the best if you can find them cheap...i remember i loved mine. i want to try the OBX headers and i will keep you updated.

Cool thanks messy.

BTW I was going though bisimotos site, and I saw they do Piston kits.

I was wondering do you all think they would do a set of overbored 83mm pistons for our cars for the 650$ price tag? Cause it didn't say what they where for, so I think they where custom job.

If so I would rather drop 650$ on a set built for my car then rigging up the B18 set.

MessyHonda
02-17-2011, 06:34 AM
i would stick with OEM stuff...cheaper and it will last longer than performance stuff...with around 800 bucks you can have a rebuilt motor from any machine shop

Nio
02-17-2011, 07:31 AM
i would stick with OEM stuff...cheaper and it will last longer than performance stuff...with around 800 bucks you can have a rebuilt motor from any machine shop

800$ doesn't sound bad at all for a rebuild.

but I thought that the OEM stuff doesn't hold up to power increases very well.

MessyHonda
02-17-2011, 11:54 AM

but I thought that the OEM stuff doesn't hold up to power increases very well.

Yeah that is factory specs...when it comes to building motors you have to see how much power you want and how much you are willing to spend

Nio
02-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Yeah that is factory specs...when it comes to building motors you have to see how much power you want and how much you are willing to spend

Well considering in less then a month I'll be ordering a stage 2 camshaft and some bigger injectors. along with a good but of other parts. I'd say the pistons might need upgrading XD

MessyHonda
02-17-2011, 12:17 PM
Well considering in less then a month I'll be ordering a stage 2 camshaft and some bigger injectors. along with a good but of other parts. I'd say the pistons might need upgrading XD

What compression ratio are you going with? Also I ran stage 2 cam on a stock motor. It just won't idle right with out the right tuning. You mayalso want to get rods or get the stock ones done at the machine shop.

stat1K
02-17-2011, 01:50 PM
:flash:what would you have done to the stock rods at a machine shop jesse?

i'm in for the learning... :flash:

89T
02-17-2011, 03:50 PM

but I thought that the OEM stuff doesn't hold up to power increases very well.Hmm. that's what I'd pay for just the machining and balancing.
Do it one time and do it right.

add Obd1 and wide-band.

:flash:what would you have done to the stock rods at a machine shop Jesse?

I'm in for the learning... :flash: LOL! thats a loaded question!

Nio has the right plan, at least someone listens or better yet reads.

Nio
02-17-2011, 06:16 PM
What compression ratio are you going with? Also I ran stage 2 cam on a stock motor. It just won't idle right with out the right tuning. You mayalso want to get rods or get the stock ones done at the machine shop.

First off I know it won't idle just right, mine already idles around 1000 *I set it here actually, because she would bog if she sat at 800 or lower, and 900 would have her ranging from 750-1200 in a few minutes* *this problem will be getting fixed before I drop in the camshaft*

As for compression, that would be a problem..

A. I want to get the most out of the NA system, so I would want a higher compression.

but

B. I do plan to turbo hopefully before the end of the year. which means I want a lower compression ratio.

so the problem is I can't really have both, >.> well I can but I don't want to hash out a grand for pistons in one years time.

As for the rods, Couldn't I just do a little bit of modding if any needed for the B20 or B18 Rods for that..I'm pretty sure that would work out.

add Obd1 and wide-band.

I was thinking of going with the conversion, since If I do go turbo, I wouldn't really be able to push more than 8psi *safely*. Plus it would allow me to set up my fuel injections system to push more correct?
*and a mess of other little perks*

As for me listening *reading XD* I just try to be well informed, I don't want to break anything and I really love this car.

So much so, I backed out of using the 2K for a down payment on a 06 RX8. *Yes i really did that.*

Okay so anything else I need to cover. all thoughts welcome.

*BTW* ACT stage 2 would be a good clutch to purchase correct?

89T
02-17-2011, 06:33 PM
tunning is key when either running 8:1 or 10.5:1... Don't worry about the old Wives tale of you have to run 8:1.
Just get a good tuner.

Nio
02-17-2011, 06:46 PM
tunning is key when either running 8:1 or 10.5:1... Don't worry about the old Wives tale of you have to run 8:1.
Just get a good tuner.

Well Since I'll be back in San Diego *as of right now* after leave, I'll hunt for one out here, I'm sure there are a few I could trust.

The one thing I haven't completely read into is the OBD conversion, but I know there is some good info on here, I just need to track it down.

MessyHonda
02-18-2011, 12:17 AM

well...you could take the stock rods and take them to the machine shop to get them shotpeen...:thumbup:

from the bible of wiki it self "When building a high performance engine, great attention is paid to the connecting rods, eliminating stress risers by such techniques as grinding the edges of the rod to a smooth radius, shot peening to induce compressive surface stresses (to prevent crack initiation)"

also the machine shop will also have to balance the whole rotating assembly so it does not blow up when you take it to 6500 rpm.

jerry is right about tuning. you could have a high compression motor on boast its just less forgiving than a lower compression...its all in the tunning

stat1K
02-18-2011, 02:36 PM
well...you could take the stock rods and take them to the machine shop to get them shotpeen...:thumbup:

from the bible of wiki it self "When building a high performance engine, great attention is paid to the connecting rods, eliminating stress risers by such techniques as grinding the edges of the rod to a smooth radius, shot peening to induce compressive surface stresses (to prevent crack initiation)"

also the machine shop will also have to balance the whole rotating assembly so it does not blow up when you take it to 6500 rpm.

jerry is right about tuning. you could have a high compression motor on boast its just less forgiving than a lower compression...its all in the tunning

glad you had to google it. and after all that money is spent you could have bought aftermarket rods couldn't you?

dacantu
02-19-2011, 03:34 PM
and after all that money is spent you could have bought aftermarket rods couldn't you?

wouldnt you still have to balance them to your setup?

stat1K
02-19-2011, 03:44 PM
you could balance the rotating assembly as a whole, the rods from a reputable company should be near the same specs. my point was if you're going to shot peen and moly coat oem rods that would cost near 400 in most cases that i've seen.

Ichiban
02-19-2011, 05:20 PM

Get them caps shaved and the big ends bored round again. Even 150K motors I've seen have rods way out of round. Stock used rods, that is.

dacantu
02-19-2011, 05:43 PM
you could balance the rotating assembly as a whole, the rods from a reputable company should be near the same specs. my point was if you're going to shot peen and moly coat oem rods that would cost near 400 in most cases that i've seen.
This would make sense in a application where you absolutely can not find aftermarket rods for.

Nio
02-19-2011, 06:30 PM
This would make sense in a application where you absolutely can not find aftermarket rods for.

Either I missed it, or no one answer.

but wouldn't B18-B20 rods work on our engines. a little modification of course but still.

dacantu
02-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Either I missed it, or no one answer.

but wouldn't B18-B20 rods work on our engines. a little modification of course but still.

Sorry nio I've never compared the two and never bothered to keep up with new discoveries for the A20. I'm sure with a simple search you should be able to find something. If I wasn't replying from my phone I would have searched for you.

Rendon LX-i
02-19-2011, 07:44 PM
B series rods fit . Jerry an chris have done it. If you want a set a pistons to work with the rods you can use the b16a 83mm pistons but there going to stick out a bit on the deck but works.

On the other hand diamond pistons makes a set for are blocks. They have it on file. Going to cost bout 600 for a set. I'm doing eagles am b series wiseco pistons low comp turbo pistons.

Oversized custom valves will increase the flow extremely. All your money well go to the head if you want power . Since that's key in hp gains. Obd1 is a must if you decide to dump a shit load of money in a motor. Cause wouldn't you hate to see couple grand see go to waste cause you ran lean or washed your rings out. Point bening get it all at once. Doing temp stuff only makes you dl it twice like I am now.

On the paint part do as you want. I had people say my blue was ghey an this an that I said FUCK You look at your car. An they didn't say shit. But I can back up my flashyNESS lol when back the. I couldn't .

Doesn't matter what people think WHY cause you the one that's going to be driving it not them.

Amen lol

Nio
02-19-2011, 09:07 PM
Thanks Rendon...

Well I didn't know diamond had pistons for ours. but I think I would go with Bisi and have them make the custom ones for a tad bit more. as for the rods, thanks on that, I've been curious for awhile. I'll take a look at the OBD1 conversion and see if I can do that while I'm home.

As for the paint I've decided and I'm going to keep it.

stat1K
02-20-2011, 09:51 AM

and yet you can find aftermarket rods for the accord because rendon has summed it up for you above this post.

i'm sorry but building an NA a20 is moot point in my opinion, that's all i'm getting at. if you want to build it for turbo that's a different story they hold up well to a good bit of power. but for the money and with the availability of b-series mounts at this point i don't see the reason to waste money into an aftermarket abyss.

you could b-swap it for the money into the custom parts and go b20vtec and make MORE power than you ever could from the a20 motor NA.

just saying is all. at least when people with a d-series do it there's still aftermarket support that's not a money pit.

Nio
02-20-2011, 11:18 AM
and yet you can find aftermarket rods for the accord because rendon has summed it up for you above this post.

i'm sorry but building an NA a20 is moot point in my opinion, that's all i'm getting at. if you want to build it for turbo that's a different story they hold up well to a good bit of power. but for the money and with the availability of b-series mounts at this point i don't see the reason to waste money into an aftermarket abyss.

you could b-swap it for the money into the custom parts and go b20vtec and make MORE power than you ever could from the a20 motor NA.

just saying is all. at least when people with a d-series do it there's still aftermarket support that's not a money pit.

XD I wouldn't mind doing a swap, but the problem is I don't have the space nor the equipment to do that. I wouldn't even want to imagine all the trouble that goes into a swap.

Rendon LX-i
02-20-2011, 12:00 PM
Not as hard as you think. But agree with stat1k thou

2drSE-i
02-20-2011, 12:45 PM
XD I wouldn't mind doing a swap, but the problem is I don't have the space nor the equipment to do that. I wouldn't even want to imagine all the trouble that goes into a swap.

So are you going to pay someone to take out/put in your motor? That $2000 is going to go really fast my friend.

A lot of what stat1k had to say is true. For the price of shotpeening and coating a set of OEM B-series rods, you could easily have a set of lighter, stronger Eagle rods. Also, off the shelf 83mm pistons will work just as well as any custom pieces from Bisimoto, without the pricetag.

What i do disagree on is that a NA A20 is pointless. Yes, the gains are much diminished. It seems fairly feasable to get up to 180whp with quite a bit of headwork, even on midrange compression (9.1:1-9.8:1) After that, Forced Induction takes over. Guaynabo has a 350whp A20, and his has been built for several years.

Nio
02-20-2011, 01:29 PM
Well I was thinking things over a bit.

And I'm just going to go and stay with the A20. I really like working on this engine, and I've never owned a DOHC...and I've grow quite attached to it.

As for the bisimoto pistons, I wanted to get custom ones made, but if I can drop the B18 83mm ones in with its rods, thats a lot less money I have to spend. and it should hold up just fine since they are forged for half the price of the custom ones.

As for the Turbo. I will probably do that a little down the road.

As for the motor. I'm doing all the work with a buddy, we have a garage that I can use, I just have to talk to the owner and see if he will let me use it and his trailer to get it out there. *pretty close to him, so it won't be any charge, spoke with him earlier today about it*

so it seems like everything is starting to fall into place.

stat1K
02-20-2011, 02:58 PM
180whp is no possible on an NA a20 setup, but the question wasn't could it do it, it's is it worth it.

if you plan on sticking with the a20 just make it a fairly quick daily. there is no reason to go all out on ALL MOTOR parts only to change the plan in a years time to go turbo.

a swap would be easier than what you're planning on doing now FYI. the only real problem would be the smog issue in CA, but then again wouldn't you need a header with a CARB badge?

Nio
02-20-2011, 07:43 PM
180whp is no possible on an NA a20 setup, but the question wasn't could it do it, it's is it worth it.

if you plan on sticking with the a20 just make it a fairly quick daily. there is no reason to go all out on ALL MOTOR parts only to change the plan in a years time to go turbo.

a swap would be easier than what you're planning on doing now FYI. the only real problem would be the smog issue in CA, but then again wouldn't you need a header with a CARB badge?

My drivers license is in texas, along with my reg, and insurance.

>.> so I just have to pay 15$ to some guy get the car past and drag it back up here to cali.

Not a damn thing they can do about it.

*my perma address is there as well*

Heck if the car was a 85 just 4 years older I could legally have not Cat.

stat1K
02-20-2011, 08:06 PM
nice, i wish i did that with my arizona tags, north carolina is a retarded state. they dont check emissions but window tint is the end all be all of fucking everything.

Nio
02-21-2011, 01:35 PM
Well the My purchase made it home today. It came with a license plate cover, a decal, some kinda booklet I think and the shinny orgasmic looking cam gear :D

*edit*

got a call a few minutes ago, found out it wasn't a booklet, its a picture autographed to me, has a drag civic on it. Pretty cool actually, said "thanks for the support.".

MessyHonda
02-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Well the My purchase made it home today. It came with a license plate cover, a decal, some kinda booklet I think and the shinny orgasmic looking cam gear :D

*edit*

got a call a few minutes ago, found out it wasn't a booklet, its a picture autographed to me, has a drag civic on it. Pretty cool actually, said "thanks for the support.".

bisi is a great guy. truly knows what us honda guys need and we thank him for the support

Nio
03-06-2011, 11:06 PM
I found some pictures of one of the accords that inspired me.
Thanks to facebook.

I remember how bad I wanted a duck tail after I saw this 3g.

and its twotone :)

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v312/120/36/735120001/n735120001_4049420_4601.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v231/120/36/735120001/n735120001_2603133_8892.jpg

http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v203/120/36/735120001/n735120001_2267266_9383.jpg

MessyHonda
03-07-2011, 12:57 AM
that is a integra

frantik
03-07-2011, 02:44 AM
RIP that teg

stat1K
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
see this is why i flame so hard. dude's a total fanboi and has no idea that's a 1g integra. your car will never look that good because the body lines of the integra are different and lend more to the 2-tone.

that car was the sickest when it had the watanabes on it.

even then, the 2-tone would have looked better if it was more subtle. the lower black should have been less in my opinion.

Nio
03-07-2011, 07:01 AM
I don't see much different then trunk being slightly shorter.

As for fanboi. I want mine in yellow and black not white and black.and why flame Ive worked on my 3g and am buying parts to upgrade it, sorry I don't know everything Mr.master mechanic.

Btw why. Are these on the 3g Facebook if its a Teggy?

*edit*

I went through and found some images of the back, I had to find his facebook in order to see them, its easy to tell its a teggy from there, but from the side I still can't tell, besides the winker and the trunk, when I put it next to a picture of mine it looks pretty close to the same.

stat1K
03-07-2011, 08:07 AM
it's easy to tell from the front, side and all views... they're on there because he's a member here.

Nio
03-07-2011, 08:23 AM
It may be easy for you, but I didn't even know teggys had flip lights, the only ones I knew where the smaller four headlight ones.

Anyways, 3g or not, its the the car I choose for the Idea. :P

BTW if your calling me a fanboi for wanting a panda, *which is the 86*

just think for a second, If I wanted a 86 I could have bought one with the 2500$ I got from boot camp, plus the money I have now for parts.

stat1K
03-07-2011, 08:37 AM
no i called you that because of how you act. it wasn't really a specific example in mind kind of statement.

i'd say you're a pretty poor fanboi because you can't even tell the difference between a 1g teg and a 3g accord :)

you've been downgraded to wannabe fanboi.

fyi, 1g integras are super light compared to the 3g.

oh and heres some more of his other integra,
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69517

here's the one you posted,
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65011
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51753

Nio
03-07-2011, 09:17 AM
I remember seeing those a long time ago, but I could have sworn that it was a SE-i

And I'm sorry but I still can't tell the differences. Maybe its just me. I mean I can see the difference in the lude and the 3g, but I can't tell much besides the hood and the tail lights for the teggy. Maybe if I saw the teggy and the 3g in person next to each other, Then I bet I could see more differences.

and now your just confusing me with the fanboi thing, as well I can't tell what tone your posting in >.<

lostforawhile
03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
I don't see much different then trunk being slightly shorter.

As for fanboi. I want mine in yellow and black not white and black.and why flame Ive worked on my 3g and am buying parts to upgrade it, sorry I don't know everything Mr.master mechanic.

Btw why. Are these on the 3g Facebook if its a Teggy?

*edit*

I went through and found some images of the back, I had to find his facebook in order to see them, its easy to tell its a teggy from there, but from the side I still can't tell, besides the winker and the trunk, when I put it next to a picture of mine it looks pretty close to the same.

you are right, the lines are very very close to the hatch, and they share the same body lines, the panda hatch looks almost identical, if you add the ducktail, even closer, the differences are so small it won't make much of a difference

Nio
03-07-2011, 09:36 AM
Alright I went ahead and flipped this picture.

to me it seems the Teggy is the same length *until you get to the trunk* and a little taller then my 3g *edit, Nevermind, it just seems taller cause the angle I took my picture, cause you can see the top of my hood, and the fact he has window visors*, but like I said, its hard to tell by the pictures. maybe if I saw them next to each other or in person I could tell.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/ProjectRinnotone-1.jpg
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-ash1/v203/120/36/735120001/n735120001_2267266_9383.jpg

I still only see the body kit, and a spot that he has painted white which is black on my 3g, *the back window, which seems to change the body shape a bit*

stat1K
03-07-2011, 09:40 AM
the scaling is different trust me.

lostforawhile
03-07-2011, 10:26 AM
i've seen plenty of panda hatches they looked just fine to me, I'm just debating whether to do the hood on mine

Nio
03-07-2011, 10:55 AM

Like I said, I've never seen a 1st gen teggy in person, so I really can't tell.

I'm sure you have or atleast seen them next to each other. so you can probably tell the difference easy.

stat1K
03-07-2011, 12:01 PM
well i could rattle off several differences. so is the prelude the same thing as the 3g coupe too? i mean sure they're similar but i would never mistake them for one another.

Nio
03-07-2011, 12:19 PM
well i could rattle off several differences. so is the prelude the same thing as the 3g coupe too? i mean sure they're similar but i would never mistake them for one another.

I can see the difference is the lude, its more slim, and has a much flatter front end. Plus if all 4 tires are turned XD.

btw inform of the differences. If I don't know them, I won't ever learn.

lostforawhile
03-07-2011, 02:29 PM
Alright I went ahead and flipped this picture.

to me it seems the Teggy is the same length *until you get to the trunk* and a little taller then my 3g *edit, Nevermind, it just seems taller cause the angle I took my picture, cause you can see the top of my hood, and the fact he has window visors*, but like I said, its hard to tell by the pictures. maybe if I saw them next to each other or in person I could tell.

http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy41/nionai/ProjectRinnotone-1.jpg

I still only see the body kit, and a spot that he has painted white which is black on my 3g, *the back window, which seems to change the body shape a bit*

what is that body kit anyway, i bet that could be made to fit the hatch, I've seen both in person right next to each other in the yard, and they are very close, much more then you might think

MessyHonda
03-07-2011, 06:59 PM
i think it was a erebuni kit

stat1K
03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
bumper shapes, rear window shape, hood, front fender shape, corner lights, tail lights, the integra is always a hatch, overall length, overall height, i mean it's all there if you look.

1813mdw
03-07-2011, 08:37 PM
this crap gets old. funny how a couple people can pretty much ruin a forum for everyone. let it go

Nio
03-07-2011, 08:47 PM
bumper shapes, rear window shape, hood, front fender shape, corner lights, tail lights, the integra is always a hatch, overall length, overall height, i mean it's all there if you look.

After reading your posts in alot of things. and the post you made when you first started, your being way hypocritical.

Stop trolling okay. T_T

stat1K
03-08-2011, 07:03 AM
lol that's rich dude, you read my posts from what year 2005, 6 years ago? digging deep now aren't we.

i've never once posted an integra and said look at this sweet 3g!!!!

you guys take everything so seriously around here, if you post noob shit expect to get flamed, i expect the same.

this crap gets old. funny how a couple people can pretty much ruin a forum for everyone. let it go

he asked the differences and i listed the few off of the top of my head. what crap gets old? you've been here for what, 5 months? rofl... sorry to RUIN something for you bro.

oh and nio on another note, i don't think there is anything wrong with the panda idea, i'm quite fond of maxoutracer's integra.

Nio
03-08-2011, 10:09 AM
I thought it was a 3g because they said it was on the Facebook page and no one corrected them,
btwin 6 years I would have thought you would show us your accord. Yet I haven't seen a thread with it. Fishy.

2drSE-i
03-08-2011, 10:12 AM
I thought it was a 3g because they said it was on the Facebook page and no one corrected them,
btwin 6 years I would have thought you would show us your accord. Yet I haven't seen a thread with it. Fishy.

I dont think he has a 3g actually. He did at one point but got rid of it.

stat1K
03-08-2011, 11:03 AM
my accord is lx-incredible (angus') car now. i sold it to him 3 years ago this month i believe. since i have helped him scavenge and clean parts to help put her back together. he is probably the best person i could have sold the car to as he's actually done something with it.

there are pictures of my car in threads that i had made, i think there are some in the "i love it when tires fly at you on the freeway" thread.

i no longer own a 3g but i still "love" this place for what it is. i rock a pink 3geez.com sticker on my pink civic.

Nio
03-08-2011, 11:11 AM
If you love them so much why does it seem you give me So much shit for working on mine?

ShyBoyCA6
03-08-2011, 11:36 AM
i rock a pink 3geez.com sticker on my pink civic.

*Coughs* Gay *Coughs*:flash::D

1813mdw
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
If you love them so much why does it seem you give me So much shit for working on mine?

just keep at it, man. :flip:the hater(s).

stat1K
03-08-2011, 07:41 PM

cus as i have said all i do is slurp the hateraid broseph.

1813mdw
03-08-2011, 07:52 PM
cus as i have said all i do is slurp the hateraid broseph..

so basically, you've been on here the last 3 years to "slurp hateraid"??? good job, brougham

Nio
03-08-2011, 08:01 PM

so basically, you've been on here the last 3 years to "slurp hateraid"??? good job, brougham

Meh Don't worry about him, If he wants to troll fine, but I'm not gonna feed him. :P

I got way better things to use my energy on like my build. :D

ShyBoyCA6
03-08-2011, 09:34 PM
stat1k "can" be a hater sometimes and im sure he has his reason lol(slurping on that haterraid):kekeke:

cubert
03-09-2011, 07:52 AM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-popcorn.gif

mitchy13(pikachu)
03-09-2011, 08:02 AM
oh the violence in here...someone think of the children. hahahahah

stat1K
03-09-2011, 08:22 AM

yeah broski cus 2011-2005 is 3... i now understand your problem.

:tongue:

again like i've said nio, your idea is fine if you like it. i'm personally a huge lover of panda, i'm just not a lover of kits and bright colors that attract undue attention to a slow car.

i'd rather have the opposite, a beater looking car that blows the doors off of whatever it flies by, naw mean cuz?

Nio
03-09-2011, 09:25 AM

again like i've said nio, your idea is fine if you like it. i'm personally a huge lover of panda, i'm just not a lover of kits and bright colors that attract undue attention to a slow car.

i'd rather have the opposite, a beater looking car that blows the doors off of whatever it flies by, naw mean cuz?

And yet I haven't even bought parts for looks yet :p

stat1K
03-09-2011, 09:50 AM
what all have you installed and what performance parts do you have?

Nio
03-09-2011, 10:30 AM
New alternator, new Main relay, Push star switch, short ram *cheap gift*, Timing belt, alternator belt, fuel filter, fuel injectors, new wires in some locations, ripping out interior since it was all torn up, part of the shift linkage, cleaned out gas tank, Sanded the car, primed it, some other stuff thats in my old thread.

have sitting at home ready to be installed.

New Oil pan, Cv joints, Valve kit, cam gear, main bearings, several gaskets.

and the only reason I'm finally getting around to all this is because I now have a real job, when I bought the accord, I was working part time at radio shack, then unemployed for 3 months and then working for the city till my boot date.

stat1K
03-09-2011, 11:19 AM
so of those things you listed the performance parts i read that are ON the car are the intake, and the only other one that's to come that you have is a cam-gear.

my point remains, when the car is FAST go for flashy, until then work on what's important.

Nio
03-09-2011, 11:41 AM
so of those things you listed the performance parts i read that are ON the car are the intake, and the only other one that's to come that you have is a cam-gear.

my point remains, when the car is FAST go for flashy, until then work on what's important.

I could have sworn I agreed with you on that earlier.

I'm not getting a body kit anytime soon, it would be 600$ I could put towards alot of other parts.

I'm not getting the new rims I want yet because that is an additional 400$.

so that is 1k I could spend on anything in the car.

I really need new seats, or at least a new one for my driver side, and all I've been ordering is parts for the cars are performance *or replacements*.

and I don't see how the new valve springs and camshaft are not performance parts.

didn't you read my other thread? I have pictures of the valve kit already.
http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=75007

and depending on a certain purchase I might make, I'll have my camshaft coming in.

BTW I think I should be allowed to atleast get away with painting her. its not like that costs a arm and a leg.

SettleMoore
03-09-2011, 12:34 PM
why do you even bother lol

Nio
03-09-2011, 01:17 PM
Because I don't like having enemies >.> or haters who drink the hateraid.

ShyBoyCA6
03-09-2011, 01:20 PM
i would wait on painting the car unless all you plan on doing is the cam,intake and valve then go for the paint job but you could use the money for something esle than the paint job.

Nio
03-09-2011, 01:26 PM
well the paint job is gona cost me 50$.

:D I'm not paying anyone to do any work on my car. its the whole reason I sanded it and primed it myself.

*heck it won't even cost me that.*

It will be flat grey and flat black for now. so maybe 20$ of paint.

ShyBoyCA6
03-09-2011, 02:06 PM
well the paint job is gona cost me 50$.

:D I'm not paying anyone to do any work on my car. its the whole reason I sanded it and primed it myself.

*heck it won't even cost me that.*

It will be flat grey and flat black for now. so maybe 20$ of paint.

that much? shit ill let you paint my sedan flat black lol

stat1K
03-09-2011, 03:56 PM
you didn't list the camshaft in this thread and i forgot about it.

i'm not an enemy i'm just trying to let you know that even after you do your cam, intake, header and exhaust that your car will not be "fast" by any stretch of the imagination. don't get me wrong it's 90% more than anyone else here does but it will still be a stock motor with bolt ons.

if you do the paint yourself i'd love to see how it turns out.

Pico
03-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Nio,
I read that you ordered your main bearings, did you measure to make sure you dont need them oversized?

Nio
03-09-2011, 04:29 PM
Nio,
I read that you ordered your main bearings, did you measure to make sure you dont need them oversized?

I was unaware of this, so I bought stock replacements. If they turn out to be the wrong size I'll return them. if not they will go in.

And stat1k, I'm not expecting my car to be 12 seconds or something like that, I would be happy with her being at 15-16 seconds for the small amount of money I'm dropping into her.

*talking 1/4, since that is a easy way to tell*

I wasn't expecting to get her way faster, but I still want to feel the difference, at most I'm expecting maybe 10-20hp increase, *if I'm lucky*, and thats to the crank not the wheels.

BTW I will post a step by step thread when I do the paint.

1813mdw
03-09-2011, 06:03 PM

:blah: :blah: you said you sold your car 3 years ago.

sorry nio, i'm done helping ruin your thread.

Nio
03-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Well I'm the one who usually jacks threads.

But.....

I think we can all drop this now. >.> I'm fine with what ever anyone thinks, I've had a rough past couple of days, and now I've had a bit of a chance to cool off, so he isn't bugging me anymore.

:D so lets all just get along like the disfunctional family we are. (>^o^)> <(9.9<)

stat1K
03-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Q(-_-Q)

for the record i have been a troll all of my life, i'm gonna change my name to trundle :)