PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of parting and selling the coupe

mykwikcoupe
02-11-2011, 08:54 PM
I really don't remember why I even started the build and unfortunately I have mostly grown out of it. I still love the car but with a few long term changes in my life, I think a performance minded old coupe my not be the best way to go.

The bad 1st since they outweigh the good.

Its still not done the way I want it and I can no longer afford to build it the way i want with a few kids, a home remodel coming and me working out of town yet again for a while.

Ive been cheating on her and looking at anything from a s2k, 5 series BMW, something more modern and easier like a ducati!!!

With riding season coming up I'm not going to even look at it unless Im bored

The good
Its defiantly one of a kind, who else would drop that kind of coin into an old car. Its pretty rare with a lot of hard to find parts on it anyways. Its paid for and a fun tinker project. Basically Im going through a time I want something new and more suitable for a 31 yr old guy with 2 kids and a dog that has zero time and lives at work which happens to be 200 miles from the car and his family

RAZR
02-11-2011, 09:02 PM
could u post pics of ur car?
i wanna see what it looks like

ShyBoyCA6
02-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Sucks to hear that bro.

By any chance do you have a DC strut Bar?

lostforawhile
02-11-2011, 09:24 PM
do I hear the flapping of vulture wings? too bad you aren't finishing it http://www.wdccduckman.com/images/junglebook/vultures/2009vultures.jpg

Nio
02-11-2011, 09:32 PM
I would agree it does suck.

Wish you luck on everything.

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Mike, this is so lame! Why's this gotta happen?

By any chance do you have a DC strut Bar?

He does, but if he lets it go, it's mine!

ShyBoyCA6
02-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Sweet!

Well charlie let the best guy win.

charliekuney
02-11-2011, 09:54 PM
Let the guy that can drive 30 miles and pick it up win. D:

ShyBoyCA6
02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
Let the guy that can drive 30 miles and pick it up win. D:

I would but i plan on doing a build and I have been looking for one for a year or so and finally have a coupe that has a lot of potential. And plus why have it if not doing any engine mods or Suspension?

I'm just saying :)

RobT5580
02-12-2011, 02:46 PM
I agree part of me has grown apart from my car but i feel like i never finished it so im pushing through it. Plus it would be far cheaper to finish this than to do a newer ride at this point. I had my 06 Subaru Legacy GT which was a awesome daily driver but parts were expensive and we all know how much you can dump into a toy car.

At this point i just want to get as much done this year as possible and see where the dust settles. I don't want the car sitting in the garage all summer so i have some drive to get it looking decent if not running a turbo again.

mykwikcoupe
02-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Well today in my misery I went to the junkyard and saw a great looking (literally mint) white hatch, just the way I would do mine. I thought wow what a nice car. This restored the glimmer in my heart to keep the coupe. Sorry guys, I guess I fell into a rut and wasn't sure what to do. Well see how long it lasts. besides I'm sure Id take a major hit selling parts to all you broke kids hahahah just playing the kids don't have the money just the dreams JP

2ndGenGuy
02-12-2011, 05:14 PM
You just need to come to another meet and re-ignite your interest in your car. :)

PS, I'll take your B20A w/ LSD :)

2oodoor
02-12-2011, 06:16 PM
im feeling the same way kwik,
not enough time and season goes by without me able to do anything meanwhile it sits and gets sun damaged.
Sometimes i cant even find time to change wiper blades, and yet somehow I think im going to be able to rebuild a suspension and fix the AC :gun:
hang in there, at least you have a garage to keep it out of the elements.

charliekuney
02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Mike, just finish the car. Then you won't ever sell it.

And plus why have it if not doing any engine mods or Suspension?

I'm just saying :)

You haven't been keeping up with my update thread. ;) Just saying.

ShyBoyCA6
02-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Mike, just finish the car. Then you won't ever sell it.

You haven't been keeping up with my update thread. ;) Just saying.

Oh you mean the pics? :rolleyes:

yeah i have...:squint: lol

ShyBoyCA6
02-12-2011, 09:56 PM
Well today in my misery I went to the junkyard and saw a great looking (literally mint) white hatch, just the way I would do mine. I thought wow what a nice car. This restored the glimmer in my heart to keep the coupe. Sorry guys, I guess I fell into a rut and wasn't sure what to do. Well see how long it lasts. besides I'm sure Id take a major hit selling parts to all you broke kids hahahah just playing the kids don't have the money just the dreams JP

haha this kid here has money :P and not dreaming.

Dr_Snooz
02-12-2011, 10:43 PM
I think the whole "what the heck am I doing here" routine is part of doing a big build. When you first get the car, it feels like nothing else you've ever driven. You know it's unique and something you want to build on. As the build drags on, that feeling fades and you forget why you started. All you can see is the big mess in the garage and you really want that mess to leave. I was fortunate a couple times during my project to have had to move the car. I put it back together enough to drive it across town. That made all the difference. I remembered why I loved the car and pushed through till it was done.

I think round filing the whole idea in mid-build would be bad for a lot of reasons. One, you will take a horrible beating selling parts as opposed to a running car. More importantly, the unfinished project will hang psychically over your next project. It will make it easier to jump ship in the middle of the next build. And the next...

Obviously, everyone's situation is different, but if you do decide to bail, you should at least get the car finished and running well enough to sell for a good price.

I can't speak for anyone else, but finishing my build was so epically wonderfully worth all the heartache.

Good luck whatever you decide to do.

MessyHonda
02-12-2011, 10:49 PM
mike...you cant sell it...im still keeping my car but im ditching the b20 and going to see what options for engines i have...even if i have to go back to A...its always been a reliable car

87roach
02-13-2011, 09:43 AM
You should make a thread where you're actually building something instead of 800 threads about thinking of doing something.

lostforawhile
02-13-2011, 10:55 AM
you'll get it done, look at what i've been through trying to get my car done, I never gave up though, I have a long way to go, but I try to do at least one thing per day. I wasn't getting anywhere, and BAM! i now have a stainless exhaust, it now lets me get other stuff done and keeps me motivated.

mykwikcoupe
02-13-2011, 12:28 PM
You should make a thread where you're actually building something instead of 800 threads about thinking of doing something.

your not suggesting that the guy with less then 4k posts is a post whore when others have 18k-80k posts. I know what you mean though and its a good suggestion. It would be nice to have an off topic section of just ramblings like mine, Oh we do

turabaka
02-13-2011, 09:50 PM
your not suggesting that the guy with less then 4k posts is a post whore when others have 18k-80k posts. I know what you mean though and its a good suggestion. It would be nice to have an off topic section of just ramblings like mine, Oh we do

I have a feeling that he was talking about Messy and not you brah.

87roach
02-13-2011, 10:30 PM
It's for all you talkers! :P