PDA

View Full Version : the b20 project part out discussion thread

MessyHonda
02-12-2011, 09:11 AM
hey my fellow 3geers i bought a b20 engine from a member here in nov 2008. my plans were to daily drive it with bolt ons till i found out it had a spun bearing.i wanted to keep it so bad i decisioned to build it for NA/turbo down the road. here i am feb 2011 with no engine. the first guy did not build it(friend i had worked on my OBD1 swap) 4 months. The 2nd time i took it to a shop but it took them 4 months to just take it apart and bore it. the 3rd shop(redzone in fremont) took it as a project and took 5 MONTHS! just to port the head and when i went to take my parts back the skunk2 TB was missing...he owes me my deposit back and my TB. i will take care of him later... the 3rd shop said its not worth it for them to build it because alot of people have put their hands in it and are not willing to take the responsibility if something happens to the engine they wont guarantee it. I am faced with building an engine and not knowing if it will last 3 mins or 3 months.

I have lost my DL due to a medical condition so i cant drive for several months(hope to get it back by the summer time as soon as my dr clears it)

i have some parts i would like to sell from the engine so yeah im going to work now so after work i will be able to set up a list with prices

Rendon LX-i
02-12-2011, 09:30 AM
O man Jessie sorry to hear. Hope it all works out

A18A
02-12-2011, 02:13 PM
having no licence is the perfect time to build anything car related imo

RobT5580
02-12-2011, 02:39 PM
I would sit on it and i know it can be frustrating. I started to part the B20A turbo back in 06 but fortunately i did not sell much as i let it sit for a few years and now im getting back into it. I figured the amount i dumped into it and what i could get back would be a huge loss. I still have a long ways to go but at least im not starting from scratch.

If you need something in particular for the B20A pm me as i possibly have it laying around. I have 3 B20A's and 2 are complete. And i had FRP sleeves put back in my turbo block which did work out well so there are options.

Rendon LX-i
02-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I agree with rob. Sit on it man that's alot of money there

2ndGenGuy
02-12-2011, 05:01 PM
Man that sucks the big one... Hope you get your license back soon man!

2oodoor
02-12-2011, 06:08 PM
do what ever it takes to get your health back and that means anything...

You have a lot of time and effort involved in that engine, dont give up on it. I will take an extra new:) head gasket if you got one though lol

Dr_Snooz
02-12-2011, 11:00 PM
Sorry to hear about the license situation. Does the condition keep you from doing your own wrenching? You'll have lots of great time to build a nice engine.

MessyHonda
02-12-2011, 11:12 PM
the reason why i was trying to get a shop to do it was because i work 2 jobs and have little to no time to work on my own car....the reason that sucks is because i took out the A20 out of my car so right now i need a running engine(i even bought a daily) but right now i just need a running car so i can sell the daily and recoup most of my money back

MessyHonda
03-30-2011, 11:39 PM
ok its official...im going to sell it as a whole

Rendon LX-i
03-31-2011, 12:48 AM
DAmn. you going to sell your car to bro LOL.

MessyHonda
03-31-2011, 11:26 PM
coupe is sold