PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injector Help!

JDMPrelude23
02-17-2011, 11:32 AM
So my car is having problems giving gas so it wont start. I took out my injectors and cleaned them out. I took out one of the fuel lines (the one of the left of the fuel rail next to piston 4) and put the key on ignition on and no gas came out. So i put everything back, i took the injector wire on cylinder 1 and i heard a click (like if connection was made) and then i heard fuel move threw the hose/line... And the car started up fine.

Drove around for like 10 minz and the car turned off on me, it wasnt giving gas... Can it be the fuel injectors themselves or the wire/connectors that clip on to the fuel injector?? and do they really sell those connectors at auto stores??

1987AccordLx-i
02-18-2011, 12:51 AM
So my car is having problems giving gas so it wont start. I took out my injectors and cleaned them out. I took out one of the fuel lines (the one of the left of the fuel rail next to piston 4) and put the key on ignition on and no gas came out. So i put everything back, i took the injector wire on cylinder 1 and i heard a click (like if connection was made) and then i heard fuel move threw the hose/line... And the car started up fine.

Drove around for like 10 minz and the car turned off on me, it wasnt giving gas... Can it be the fuel injectors themselves or the wire/connectors that clip on to the fuel injector?? and do they really sell those connectors at auto stores??

my experience with the car suddenly dying and loosing gas is the fuel pump... mine started going out and at times i wouldnt be able to start the car until i hit the pump a few times... so it COULD be your pump giving you signs that its on its way out... if it has recently been replaced then check your main relay... those tend to fail on our cars prematurely

AccordB20A
02-18-2011, 12:56 AM
could be a loose ground on the intake manifold and when you touched the injector plug it bumped it enough to connect, then it disconnected again when driving. that ground controls the whole efi system pretty much

MessyHonda
02-18-2011, 07:24 AM
have you checked your fuel line pressure?

kaylabryn
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
I had similar symptoms recently. It ended up being my ignition switch. Car would randomly die, sometimes start right back up others not. It was hard to troubleshoot until it got worse. I found that I could start the car and soon as it started to run I would have to back off the switch a little like I was going to turn it off but not all the way. Also there is the main/fuel pump relay under the dash. They can become flaky.

Mike

Dr_Snooz
02-18-2011, 05:09 PM
at times i wouldnt be able to start the car until i hit the pump a few times

Assuming that the pump is in its proper place, how does one hit it?

JDMPrelude23
03-06-2011, 06:19 PM
I changed the fuel pump and still nothing!!! Car wont turn on!!
When you turn the key to "key on" before actually cranking, isnt the CEL suppose to come on? Mines doesn't.....
Maybe the Fuel pump relay? ima change that next

JDMPrelude23
03-06-2011, 06:21 PM
could be a loose ground on the intake manifold and when you touched the injector plug it bumped it enough to connect, then it disconnected again when driving. that ground controls the whole efi system pretty much

Im going to look around. Could be cause that ground wire that goes from the radiator mounting thing to the right side of the valve cover is loose. Will that one cause anything like that??