PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Injectors Please

makodragon
10-12-2002, 01:42 AM
Hello everyone, nice board you all have here. It has taught me quite a bit about my 89 accord lxi so far. Unfortunately a lot of this been due to desparation since, my dealer I bought the car from has been very unhelpful:banghead: . Everyone here has helped me in some way to appreciate the Accord . I have a problem with my injectors. :D The injectors are shot and leaking from the central part of them. It doesn't appear that they can be repaired, according to what I've been told. I was wondering what I could get by with. I would be willing to use junkyard parts to tide me over until i start doing some upgrading/swapping. However, I'm unsure as to my search. I've heard of 89 Supras. If I were to do these, what are they out of and what else would I have to get to use these. If there are any other options please help me out here. I'm currently financing this car and the dealer has been of no help. So, any options, any at all would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.:bow:

1988starter
10-12-2002, 06:06 AM
you can get highflow injectors from www.nopi.com

makodragon
10-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Forgot to mention that @ this point and time any injectors that don't leak would be very helpful. All of mine have leaks, I'm guessing that they're the originals from 1989. sheesh:wtf:

shepherd79
10-12-2002, 11:48 AM
yeah i would say go with bigger injectors, fuel pressure regulator and may be bigger pump too.

night
10-12-2002, 12:15 PM
if you arent needing them ASAP, you can have mine cheap. i will be parting my engine soon.

1989se-i
10-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Is there any kinda manifold that has places for twice the amount of injectors? That would be kinda cool...

yes-:bh:

Jareds 89 LX-i
10-12-2002, 09:14 PM
If you're not planning on upgrading them really soon, I would just get some stock ones from the junkyard to get you by, or at least get a fire extinguisher to carry around in your car "just in case". I got a spare injector at the junkyard for $10