PDA

View Full Version : Bike carbs

FAF89sedan
02-18-2011, 10:08 PM
i have an 89 dx sedan basically stock except for a weber 32/36 carb, i want to run a quad bike carb setup on it but im not sure what else, if anything, i would have to do.

Input please....

FAF89sedan
02-18-2011, 10:09 PM

Vanilla Sky
02-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Carbs are fairly easy. You need to get a manifold built (or rigged, whatever), get fuel lines hooked up, throttle cable bracket made and the cable matched with the right cam, a set of air filters, and a good tune. I feel you can do this for less than $300 if you can get the carbs at a decent price. $50 sets aren't uncommon.

turabaka
02-18-2011, 11:24 PM
Carbs are fairly easy. You need to get a manifold built (or rigged, whatever), get fuel lines hooked up, throttle cable bracket made and the cable matched with the right cam, a set of air filters, and a good tune. I feel you can do this for less than $300 if you can get the carbs at a decent price. $50 sets aren't uncommon.

Yep. I spent way less than $300 on my setup. Probably close to $200 total for everything. Although the fact that I made my own manifold is where I probably saved the most money.

I'm perfectly willing to make manifolds for anyone on the forum that wants one. I'd have to do it out of steel since I don't have access to a TIG welder. There's a couple other guys on here that have far better welding skills than I that could also probably do the job. Hopefully they'll chime in, since I can't remember who all does that sort of thing atm.