PDA

View Full Version : '87 Acura

rocketman
02-20-2011, 07:52 AM
Not really a Honda . . but it really is. Anyway, buddy calls me this morning with a question about his '87 Acura Legend V-6 automatic F/I with less than 100k. Last night it started missing badly just after warm-up, about 10-15 minutes after starting it. Ran fine the day before . . . had not run it all day yesterday until the evening. Missing so badly that he had to pull over, idle is OK but when you rev the engine the miss is evident, barely enough power to get up to 35-40 mph, evident mostly upon shifting to higher gear (automatic shifting, that is) when the miss is most pronounced. Last time the plugs/wires/cap/rotor was done was 20k ago. Really cold here in Pennsylvania, but to me it doesn't sound like a fuel issue . . . sounds like ignition, like a bad cap. I had the same issue a few times with my '89 Accord, distributor cap had a small crack which caused a miss when warmed-up. It seems to me that a V-6 might have one, maybe two bad wires or plugs to cause a miss, but even then . . . enough to cause such a power loss to make him pull over? I'm betting cap and rotor. Any comments? Rocketman

-$MOKIN-
02-20-2011, 09:56 AM
dizzy

lostforawhile
02-20-2011, 10:03 AM
dizzy

yep and very much a Honda