PDA

View Full Version : New to the site

Rexse7en
02-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Scott, I live in Oregon and have an '87 Accord. I'm always wrenchin' and was looking for a good resource when I get myself a little deeper then intended! I think this should do the trick! I look forward to chatting with everyone in the future. (Hopefully answering questions and not asking!!!!!)

-$MOKIN-
02-20-2011, 02:56 PM
WELCOME PORTLAND ... Post up some pics of the beast. If u go under commonly asked questions there is a how to post pics in there..

Pico
02-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the site, there is alot of info here just got to search for it

Rexse7en
02-20-2011, 03:28 PM
WELCOME PORTLAND ... Post up some pics of the beast. If u go under commonly asked questions there is a how to post pics in there..

Thanks for the welcoming! I will definitely get some pictures posted of the beast! She's nothing out of the ordinary as she is all stock, but I take care of her like a baby and love her like one too!

Just finished up the clutch replacement a few days ago and on Wednesday I'm replacing the timing belt, water pump, main seal, belt tensioner, valve cover gasket, and blower motor :nuts: (Want to visit Portland and come "have some beers" at my place! ;) lol

Rexse7en
02-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the site, there is alot of info here just got to search for it

Most defiantly! I'm quite impressed with what I've seen so far! Masses of information and everyone seems to be very helpful! I'm a member over at the Rx7club also so I understand where your coming from when you say you just have to search for the information! I am usually very good about searching before asking, but if I get out of line and ask something stupid, feel free to slap me around a bit! :tongue:

-$MOKIN-
02-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Hey thanks for the invite...lol But thats one long flight .lol
And when u do the valve cover gasket make sure u torque to specs i beleive its 7 pounds. There known for re leaking after getting replaced becuase everyone tourques em down to much..
Welcome again ..

Rexse7en
02-20-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey thanks for the invite...lol But thats one long flight .lol
And when u do the valve cover gasket make sure u torque to specs i beleive its 7 pounds. There known for re leaking after getting replaced becuase everyone tourques em down to much..
Welcome again ..

Are you sure you don't want to come out, the flight would be well worth it from my perspective! :tongue:

Thanks for the info on the valve cover gasket, I will make sure the torque wrench is put to good use!!!

MessyHonda
02-21-2011, 09:09 PM
we had a meet in portland in 09 fun place...welcome to the site

GrandpaAccord
02-22-2011, 11:10 AM
I've found that Google search works a little better. Then you just look for the answers that come from this site. There is tons of info here but can take a lot of time sifting through.
:welcome: