PDA

View Full Version : Aem ugo vs LC-1

Rendon LX-i
02-21-2011, 11:50 AM
Which one is better and why? They both cost about the same on ebay.

LC1

Pros
Comes with logworks
Accurate
Uses the Bosch Sensor

Cons
Damned ugly bland ass gauge (Only reason I dont want it)
Does not match my gauge setup at all

AEM UEGO

Pros
Good looking gauge
Accurate
Uses the Bosch Sensor

Cons
No Logging Software

so I dont think I need the logworks from the Innovative kit. Both sensors have the input wire for the HP Tuners.
The question I am wondering is is there a specific reason I should go with the LC1 over the AEM Model? Will the Innovative benefit me over the AEM model? Lemme know what you think .

itzdave
02-21-2011, 12:40 PM
I just recently hooked up a uego, haven't really got to play with it much yet, but it does have a wire for data logging, if that's what ur asking about...

2ndGenGuy
02-21-2011, 01:26 PM
I've got the LC-1. It seems to work great. It's got a serial data output connector on it as well, so you could datalog it, but you might need some hax. I dunno if Innovative has any software for out of the box logging for just that, or if you need their data logger box to use their software. I think it's pretty much a wash between the two if you're not really worried about datalogging...

stat1K
02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
you mean Innovate john,

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/34776-diy-datalog-lc-1-crome-freelog.html

the lc-1 is tried and true

AccordEpicenter
02-21-2011, 05:10 PM
lc1 datalogging can be very useful. thats why i own an lc1

Rendon LX-i
02-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Umm my tuner said aem is junk an to run the lc1 which I lime but I hate the gauge lol

2ndGenGuy
02-21-2011, 06:04 PM
you mean Innovate john,

http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/34776-diy-datalog-lc-1-crome-freelog.html

the lc-1 is tried and true

Yeah that's it. Stupid companies all using similar names. :banghead:

And fuck, I just looked at the pics, I think I actually have the AEM one. If so, then it's the one that the gauge quits working below 11 and above 17. Which is really fucking annoying. And I watched someone's Innovate drop way down to 8 at times, which I really wish the AEM one did. Nothing pisses me off worse than when you'd let off the throttle, and the damn gauge would just go blank...

cygnus x-1
02-21-2011, 06:38 PM
You can use different gauges with the LC-1. Have you looked here?

http://www.diyautotune.com/catalog/wideband-o2-systems-c-23.html?osCsid=59a64bf0ad6ed247643f573de80d3d10

I've gotten all my Megasquirt and Innovate stuff from these guys.

The data logging is pretty handy, and the kit comes with everything you need. Just plug the cable into you computer and fire up Logworks. You can also daisy chain all innovate devices together for concurrent logging.
Another cool feature is that it has two fully programmable analog outputs, so you can run one to a gauge and one to your ECU. The voltage outputs are fully programmable so they can work with nearly any ECU type.

C|

89T
02-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Does crome pro datalog the o2?
My neptune does.

Rendon LX-i
02-21-2011, 08:01 PM
my tunner uses the white wire on the jumper harness in my case to datalog on chrome. IDk im leaning towards AEM. IF i wanted to datalog i have the wire. But its just to read my ratios an its staying in. The lc1 seems great BUt i wont be connecting a laptop to it...

I see that innovate gives the option for a different gauge but they charge a shit load more! i like wtf. makes no sense.

2drSE-i
02-21-2011, 09:37 PM
my tunner uses the white wire on the jumper harness in my case to datalog on chrome. IDk im leaning towards AEM. IF i wanted to datalog i have the wire. But its just to read my ratios an its staying in. The lc1 seems great BUt i wont be connecting a laptop to it...

I see that innovate gives the option for a different gauge but they charge a shit load more! i like wtf. makes no sense.

A gauge is no reason to go with one over the other. Almost any wideband AFR gauge will work with the LC-1, and the LC-1, as said before, has fully programmable outputs so you can datalog directly from it, or through your ECU. Make it easy on your tuner, go with what he recommends.

Oldblueaccord
02-22-2011, 10:53 AM

I run my LC off a laptop I don't have the gauge. I think that made it cheaper. So prolly for you just using a gauge I guess its AEM.

As far as the range those numbers your quoted are so far off tune anyway you wont care.

wp

Rendon LX-i
02-22-2011, 11:01 AM
That's what I'm saying .but I'm still trying to find a good deal

Oldblueaccord
02-22-2011, 11:07 AM
I bet you can find one that uses one of those smartphones now a days. I saw an app for Iphone that I can do an EKG of my heart.

wp

EDIT: http://www.3geez.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69235

my old Lc-1 thread. Still havent figured out how to post up the logs.

Tdurr
02-23-2011, 10:28 AM
in the AEM Description:
User-programmable 0-5v analog output included for use with data loggers and ANY engine management system

its one wire u wire into your EMS, just set the EMS up for data logging from the wide band and BAM data logging.

and the AEM has different faces, and can switch from AFR to Lambda with a turn of a screw haha.

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm bidding on a g2 lc1 for 150 let's see if I win so far I'm good

Tdurr
02-23-2011, 01:22 PM
i got my uego for 150. lol

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2011, 02:11 PM
I got mine for $75. Neah! ;)

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
I KNOW DAMNIT. i should of pulled it off justins hands but i was limited you know

89T
02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
aem is not a bad unit, I have never had any issues with it.

Rendon LX-i
02-23-2011, 07:41 PM
If I lose this wideband I'll buy the aem uego

Tdurr
02-24-2011, 12:26 AM
just get the AEM lol. even if u win the ebay bid.

MessyHonda
02-24-2011, 11:47 PM
just talk to your tuner and your local speed shop guys to see what they use or recommend

hondalude86
02-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I just bought the AEM uego for my car, along with the oil pressure and h20 temp. only down side of the AEM guage... Buying matching guages even from AEM only, is still kinda pricey. I've got close to 600 bucks in just the 3 guages with the silicon back peices.

But they look pretty damn good... and they are all electric which is super nice...

d_moss
04-14-2011, 04:47 PM
I hate my lc-1 you have to program it. mount that box thing. Its lame. Aem can be had for about 60~65 now on ebay. It has a three wire install and blam it works. I will never buy the lc-1 again. Plus you have to have another innovate piece thats like 300 bucks to log rpm. With out rpm logging is useless.