PDA

View Full Version : Had a break in and got shot!

3gmodifier
02-22-2011, 01:00 AM
hey guys, its been a little while scince i have been on here. i was shot in the left thigh, left hip, and left hand back on december 13th. this asshole broke into my house while my wife and i were sleeping. once i realized what was happening i got my glock g19 (9mm compact) and waited in the hallway to see what he was going to do. he started to go through some drawers in the living room and then started to unplug my flat screen. i turned on the light, aimed my firearm and yelled at him to stay ware he was and get on the ground. i think he was fucked up on something crazy because he just turned around and pulled out a beretta 9mm and just held it down next to his side and just stared at me like i was a ghost. i yelled at him again to get down and at this point my wife was already on the phone with 911. then my wife yelled to me that the cops were responding and he raised his gun. i kept my aim but took a step back into the hallway to get some coverage and as i did so he fired. hit me in the thigh. i fired back and got him in his upper left leg and his side with the first 2 rounds. at this point i wanted him dead but in cali, even when fired apon, i have to aim for the waist down to not get some harrasment and a charge. he fell down and was sorta taking a knee so to speak. i started to yell even louder to just calm the f down and lay down. he started to get up and i was all hopped up on adrenalin and didnt want him to move. then he just stood up and tried to make a run for it out the back door. the problem is that he came in through the front window. the back door was locked and had an electrical grade schedual 40 grey pvc pipe on the lower track and it wouldnt open. he paniced and fired 4 more rounds. the second hit was in my hip. as i was starting to lean to the side to sqat and touch my side the 3rd hit was in my hand. the other 2 went through the hallway wall and exited in my geust bathroom shattering the mirror. it happend in about 2 seconds. i fired back 3 times and didnt miss. it was the worst night of my life. that fuck survived but will live like hell for what he did. he lost his right leg because 2 rounds went through his right knee and the 3rd hit him in the stomach. he was charged with armed robbery, attemped murder, assault with a deadly weapon, aggrivated assault, tresspassing, under the influence of a narcotic, and possesion of a stolen firearm. he got 65 years without paroll. i had to have bone taking from my right hip and grafted into my hand because the round went through my third long bone metacarpal. ( THE RING FINGER BONE IN THE PALM) they took a nerve from my left calf to replace what was destroyed, and a spare tendon from my left forearm to make my wrist work somewhat. to top it all off, after 3 years of being unemployed, i had recently got a job at the home depot at there new RDC (rapid deployment center) a super efficient distribution center, on november 1st. had training up to december 10th. got promoted twice within that time and was in charge of a 12 million dollar conveyor system which was the heart of the plant essentially. had opening day on the 13th of december.... that night is when all this happened. didnt work long enough for FMLA or med leave of abscence. i was granted leave but its no pay. i plan to return on march 5th. i will be behind but i plan to get back to ware i was and prove to them that i was given that position the first time for a reason. it all kinda sucks but i am just glad i'm not dead, and that my shooting range sessions paid off! sorry for the long ass post but it totally helps with my ptsd to just sit and go through that night via my key board and move on.

i have a small chance of ever riding my bike again because i cant squeeze or make a fist with my clutch hand but that and keeping my moble automotive repair buisness alive just makes me that much more eager to keep up with therapy and prove them wrong.

i have new pics of the coupe, my hand, hip, and thigh, and alot of new ?'s now so look out for my posts.

peace out!

3gmodifier
02-22-2011, 01:08 AM
oh almost forgot. i have a permanent pin 3 1/64 inch long, a special wire for support, and super long lasting slow disovling internal stiches. and there was a secong pin 2 7/8 inches long through my knuckels for 6 weeks that was takin out like 3 weeks ago.

Hauntd ca3
02-22-2011, 01:24 AM
OH FUCK ME SIDEWAYS MAN!!!
at least you and the missus are still here and the wanker wont see freedom again.
he's prob someones bitch by now at least.
shame bout your clutch hand.
a new vfr1200 with the dsg sounds like a plan
be good and hope your recovery goes well and is a fairly full one

SettleMoore
02-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Holy fuckin shit man, I don't know what to tell you. It's a good thing you made it through all this, and that your wife wasn't physically harmed. I'm new here so I don't really know you but I hope you keep getting better.

w261w261
02-22-2011, 05:56 AM
Wow...the nightmare arrives. Glad you made it through. I find a guy in my house at night, if he so much as twitches he's toast. here in CT there's none of this shoot below the waist stuff.

w261w261
02-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Wow...the nightmare arrives. Glad you made it through. I find a guy in my house at night, if he so much as twitches he's toast. here in CT there's none of this shoot below the waist stuff.

88lxi-shortram
02-22-2011, 06:23 AM
wow that really suks man. i had a friend get shot last year through his back and exited his front. but the bullet missed any vital organs but 1.8" says the doctor. but he lived through so much shit.... but here theres no laws like bloew the waist so ill tell you the short story: that guy didnt make it out of my friends front door. so theres at least two more major criminals off the street. hope you heal fast man and follow that therapy to the fullest and youll do it man!! just have hope

87roach
02-22-2011, 09:18 AM
Holy fuck. I mean that is just crazy.

I'm glad you're alive to tell the tale, I hope thing's work out for you.

2oodoor
02-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Im glad youre alive, im sorry this had to happen to anybody.

if, and but, what if... too late for those

2drSE-i
02-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Good shooting my friend. Sorry this guy pretty much fucked up your life, but glad you still have yours. Time to move to Texas/Oklahoma, I'm not wasting my time shooting below the waist.

2drSE-i
02-22-2011, 10:12 AM
By the way, hows your wife coping? Cant imagine what it was like for her to not even be in the room. Glad you guys have each other.

3gmodifier
02-22-2011, 10:31 AM
thank you all for the support. trust me, i was one shot away from aiming between his eyes. my wife is doing good now. she has been so supportive with my recovery. i had a few break downs in the begining when i first got my cast off and realized my hand didnt work but its getting better every day. i actually got back from therapy 10 min before this post. did some new excercises and made some more improvement. the future looks promising.

i observe my californian right for open carry but texas has always interested me. with open carry here u can legally carry ur sidearm but it cannot be loaded. u have to have the magazine seperate. kinda dumb, i can insert it and chamber a round in about 2 seconds. at least in other states u can carry loaded.

i will try to get some pics of my hand x-ray up. its pretty knarly.

2ndGenGuy
02-22-2011, 10:33 AM
Holy shit man! I'm glad that you're recovering well, and that guy is behind bars. I hope he rots in there, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Makes me really think more about being prepared. I'm glad as hell that you were.

ghettogeddy
02-22-2011, 10:39 AM
thank you all for the support. trust me, i was one shot away from aiming between his eyes. my wife is doing good now. she has been so supportive with my recovery. i had a few break downs in the begining when i first got my cast off and realized my hand didnt work but its getting better every day. i actually got back from therapy 10 min before this post. did some new excercises and made some more improvement. the future looks promising.

i observe my californian right for open carry but texas has always interested me. with open carry here u can legally carry ur sidearm but it cannot be loaded. u have to have the magazine seperate. kinda dumb, i can insert it and chamber a round in about 2 seconds. at least in other states u can carry loaded.

ya ive been looking into open carry myself its seems to be a big thing here in the sf areas.

but im glad your ok and you will live to drive another 3g

as far ass the bike goes. automatic isn't a bad idea lol

2drSE-i
02-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Holy shit man! I'm glad that you're recovering well, and that guy is behind bars. I hope he rots in there, and I wish you a speedy recovery. Makes me really think more about being prepared. I'm glad as hell that you were.

Nothing to think about really. Be prepared, there are some nut jobs out there.

Rendon LX-i
02-22-2011, 11:18 AM
WTF. O man I'm just glad your oright. Thats crazy. Idk what the law is here in wa but you just gave me a reason to buy me a gloc40.

3gmodifier
02-22-2011, 11:22 AM
rendon, my dad has a glock .40 and its nice but my most recent purchase was a springfield XD .40 this is an excellent firearm. they are used along side the glock by law enforcement. it has 3 awesome saftey indicators. very safe to handle. check it out.

2drSE-i
02-22-2011, 11:27 AM
rendon, my dad has a glock .40 and its nice but my most recent purchase was a springfield XD .40 this is an excellent firearm. they are used along side the glock by law enforcement. it has 3 awesome saftey indicators. very safe to handle. check it out.

I have an XD9. My only regret is i didnt buy a .45 :(

The XD(m) series is just as, if not better than, the XD series. Lookin' to get the misses a Kel-tec PF9 for her to carry.

88lxi-shortram
02-22-2011, 11:37 AM
We have a desert eagle 44 magnum at my house so we feel safe :)

2drSE-i
02-22-2011, 11:40 AM

You shouldn't. Feel comfortable shooting that thing at 5-10 yards? Especially under stress. Sure, if you hit them, they're probably going down. The problem is that "if".

1ajs
02-22-2011, 11:54 AM
owtch man owtch push through that theripy and look into getting masages as time goes to help with muscle tension glad you ok

ShyBoyCA6
02-22-2011, 12:40 PM
:omg: Wow dude thats some scary shit right there! Glad you and your wife are ok! Get better soon Bro.

and that mofo should of gotten life in prison!

Pico
02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
glad to hear you're ok, take care of yourself and your family

nswst8
02-22-2011, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear about the shooting, damn glad you are here to tell the tale of your encounter.

Right to carry is what saved your wife and you, since he was carrying he intended to harm someone.

3gmodifier
02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear about the shooting, damn glad you are here to tell the tale of your encounter.

Right to carry is what saved your wife and you, since he was carrying he intended to harm someone.

yup. i agree with you on that one.

cubert
02-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Damn man, definitely glad to hear you are alive...and it sounds like you have the right attitude about things. Keep your head up, and hopefully youll be able to tear shit up on your bike once again :)

AccordB20A
02-22-2011, 09:25 PM
good to hear ur okay man, sucks something like that had to happen.

Dr_Snooz
02-22-2011, 09:38 PM
That's some scary stuff there. Keep up with the therapy and get better quick. Hope to see you back at the job and working on the car soon.

Tdurr
02-22-2011, 09:57 PM
omg wow.. thats some crazy stuff right there. Glad you were able to defend you and your wife. I dont know how well i would've handled the situation but its great you are still alive.

Glad to see you are positive tho. Keep you head up and spirits strong and everything will be okay man.

Rendon LX-i
02-22-2011, 10:08 PM

i was looking at that gun to. Im just a really big fan of the gloc. Im getting my firearms permit here in a couple weeks. Start shooting at the fire range.

Thats alot of gun bro. Alot of recoil. Good at very very close range. BUt has one hell of a kick. Simple springfield,gloc,s&w well do just good.

MAn i still cant belive what happen. Thats insane.

frantik
02-22-2011, 11:21 PM
ok, first, definitely glad to hear you're ok dude :jaw:

Well, i don't think anybody can say what the psycho's original intent was, but in this case, having a gun didn't stop 3gmodifier from getting shot and potentially killed. :eek:

Tdurr
02-22-2011, 11:26 PM
ive shot a xd .40, it was a nice lil pistol.

Hauntd ca3
02-22-2011, 11:59 PM

you have a desert eagle!
you need a special licence for one of those here and then you can only get rounds with half the powder of a regular round.
i do so want one tho

labeledsk8r
02-23-2011, 12:51 AM
this is crazzy as hell, glad you made it out alive. hopefully you will have a speedy recovery.

this thread is also the last nail in the coffin for me, i have been putting getting a gun off for a while now, think tomarrow im oging down to the local gun shop to start paper work lol

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2011, 01:47 AM
XD

The gun that is also a smiley.

hammer3rd
02-23-2011, 04:27 AM
Thank god you alive and doing better. Glad your wife is dealing well with everything. Now you need to teach her to shoot and but her a gun. My prayers go out to you both and we all hope for a speedy recovery. Hurry up and get back in the range.

stat1K
02-23-2011, 09:14 AM
XD

The gun that is also a smiley.

qft.

glad you're alright man, i'd say the 2nd amendment saved your life, not necessarily the right to carry as you were in your home.

i'm amazed that you had the wherewithal to aim at lower extremities.

i would have aimed for the chest. but i guess i'm from arizona where it's legal to open carry, loaded carry, conceal carry all without a permit.

gp02a0083
02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
i hope all goes well for you and like other members i am very very impressed with the way you handled the situation and not try to hit him above the waist. With time and alot of work and therapy, i think you will be fine..

here in NJ gun laws are kinda strict, ive been thinking of keeping a double barrel 12g in my house with 3.5" shells, not OO buck but rock salt. I dont think in my area where i live is getting that bad, where i work however in lakewood NJ all of the gangs are starting up here. A cop just got killed point blank 2 -3 weeks ago. My friend works for section 8 in lakewood and let me tell you he shows me some messed up pictures, the whole bathroom covered in blood and the guy lying on the floor kinda thing.

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2011, 10:34 AM
here in NJ gun laws are kinda strict, ive been thinking of keeping a double barrel 12g in my house with 3.5" shells, not OO buck but rock salt. I dont think in my area where i live is getting that bad, where i work however in lakewood NJ all of the gangs are starting up here. A cop just got killed point blank 2 -3 weeks ago. My friend works for section 8 in lakewood and let me tell you he shows me some messed up pictures, the whole bathroom covered in blood and the guy lying on the floor kinda thing.

Lakewood, WA is ghetto as well. What's up with that? We call it Lakehood.

Tdurr
02-23-2011, 11:21 AM
i hope all goes well for you and like other members i am very very impressed with the way you handled the situation and not try to hit him above the waist. With time and alot of work and therapy, i think you will be fine..

me and my roommate were talking about rocksalt shells a few days ago.. how much are they?

frantik
02-23-2011, 02:24 PM
glad you're alright man, i'd say the 2nd amendment saved your life

seriously, i don't understand how people are praising the gun. Having a gun did not stop the criminal from opening fire and potentially killing 3gm and his wife.

I gotta think that calling 911 and getting the fuck out of the house would have been a much safer move. Even if the criminal managed to escape, the worst that could happen is you lose some property.

If it weren't possible to get out of the house, only now does it make sense to get out the gun.. but even then I'd wait till it was clear that the home invader had more than big screen TVs on his mind.

Even if you do own a gun, I wouldn't recommend confronting tweaked-out criminal one-on-one.. Supposedly a gun is an "equalizer" but unless you're willing to shoot first with deadly intent, confronting someone else who could have a gun just puts you at more risk. A surprised and trapped animal is a very dangerous beast :eek:

btw this is in no way a criticism of what 3gm did.. it's easy to "monday morning quarterback".. I'm also not trying to debate or argue either, i'm just expressing my opinion that having the gun in this case doesn't seem like it was particularly beneficial, and even potentially made things worse.

But that's just my opinion.. and just like assholes, everybody's got one :thumbup:

SettleMoore
02-23-2011, 03:00 PM
Running from armed criminal= back towards armed criminal if pursued

Running from armed criminal with wife= wife's back towards criminal if pursued
Yeah I'd rather have a gun.

SkateK610
02-23-2011, 03:16 PM
it probably would of been better to just shoot him while you had the chance, whats the point of having the handgun in the first place

3gmodifier
02-23-2011, 09:59 PM
seriously, i don't understand how people are praising the gun. Having a gun did not stop the criminal from opening fire and potentially killing 3gm and his wife.

I gotta think that calling 911 and getting the fuck out of the house would have been a much safer move. Even if the criminal managed to escape, the worst that could happen is you lose some property.

If it weren't possible to get out of the house, only now does it make sense to get out the gun.. but even then I'd wait till it was clear that the home invader had more than big screen TVs on his mind.

Even if you do own a gun, I wouldn't recommend confronting tweaked-out criminal one-on-one.. Supposedly a gun is an "equalizer" but unless you're willing to shoot first with deadly intent, confronting someone else who could have a gun just puts you at more risk. A surprised and trapped animal is a very dangerous beast :eek:

btw this is in no way a criticism of what 3gm did.. it's easy to "monday morning quarterback".. I'm also not trying to debate or argue either, i'm just expressing my opinion that having the gun in this case doesn't seem like it was particularly beneficial, and even potentially made things worse.

But that's just my opinion.. and just like assholes, everybody's got one :thumbup:

i sorta agree with what ur sayin but in the short amount of time i had to decide whether or not i was gonna draw my weapon or become a statistic, (tv aside was not a make or break point btw, i have much more valualble shit in my house. like my wife! and the entire house, cars.... And neighbors who could have been caught up in his wreckless work) Even if i didnt have a firearm, i would still grab my batton or bat or something and make an attempt to protect what i could.

3gmodifier
02-23-2011, 10:04 PM
[QUOTE=Rendon LX-i;1054024]i was looking at that gun to. Im just a really big fan of the gloc. Im getting my firearms permit here in a couple weeks. Start shooting at the fire range.

as am i. i have had my glock for just over 2 years now and love it. its very dependable and will only malfunction if u do it on perpose. extremely accurate and light aswell.

oh and if u get one.. go to the range. its a great stress reliever and will help you expand ur skills aswell as your midset while having to use it.

nswst8
02-24-2011, 11:33 AM
You did it the right way, you are here. And that is what counts.

Rendon LX-i
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE=Rendon LX-i;1054024]i was looking at that gun to. Im just a really big fan of the gloc. Im getting my firearms permit here in a couple weeks. Start shooting at the fire range.

as am i. i have had my glock for just over 2 years now and love it. its very dependable and will only malfunction if u do it on perpose. extremely accurate and light aswell.

oh and if u get one.. go to the range. its a great stress reliever and will help you expand ur skills aswell as your midset while having to use it.

I agree. Again gald your ok bro. TO get shot at i wouldnt want to know but i would of done the same for my family hands down. I would of shot the fool in the legs like crazy.

IDK what the laws are here but im looking all that when i get my gloc. I went to couple of gun stores here and they cleared me im like DUH LOL.

Im going to get the laser grip just to make sure i get the fucker trying to harm me or my family hehe.

GOd bless you and your wife and ill keep you in my prayers man. DO you have a alarm system? i would look in to motion sensor setup.

griffonks
02-24-2011, 09:44 PM
My God It sucks to think that a normal man and his wife could wake up to that kind of horror. Thank God that you were armed and able to defend your lives. I would suggest a riot shotgun, loaded with buckshot, not rock salt. By the way, to answer the question above, you load your own rock salt....

Thankfully I'm in Colorado and the anti armed camp is not so prevalent. It really sucks that everybody in your area knows you have guns in your home. Might be a good time to consider moving before another hophead comes looking for your hogleg while you are out.

You are one tough cookie, no quit in you. Don't let the SOB's get you down.

MessyHonda
02-25-2011, 12:34 AM
sorry to hear this. keep your head up because you will be better in no time

Legend_master
02-25-2011, 09:45 AM

Sorry to hear this happened to you, and the all Californian gun laws are rather stupid. For the main reason that the criminals will carry a gun without a permit, and you know it will be loaded. I tell you one thing, in Texas you don't have to warn them, or even aim for a knockdown shot. If somebody comes in your home (in some cases just your lawn) you have the right to shoot to kill, and for the most part you better kill them so they can't sue you for shooting them. I think you will get better with time, and sounds like you are working to make your life better again.

mushroom_toy
02-25-2011, 11:52 AM
I would have killed him right there. Dont know about CA, but Ga thankfully is a ask questions later state. Plus you can concealed or open carry here with rounds in the gun and even one chambered. Thats what I do. Never think like nothings gonna happen always expect it. Glad you were armed and made it out ok.

mushroom_toy
02-25-2011, 11:58 AM
ive shot a xd .40, it was a nice lil pistol.

Didnt you go with us and shoot the mosins and my Taurus .40, or the springfield .45?

Tdurr
02-25-2011, 12:08 PM
Lol I can't remember Luke... It was one of em and ur rifle...

Ichiban
02-25-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm glad you guys made it out alive, and I hope your recovery goes well. There's no reasoning with a drunk or high criminal when he's in your home, stealing your things, with a weapon with which to hurt you. Had it been my home, he would of had a face full of 00 buck from the Wingmaster, and the ME would have cleaned up his hamburgered corpse with floor dry. I would have shot the fuck dead.

It's unfortunate how the laws in Canada here neuter peoples ability to defend themselves. They want you to run away and call the cops, and the cops don't come. Just because it's north and cold here doesn't make my ghetto back alley any safer, fuck I have a homeless guy in my truck about every other week. I've just quit locking the doors.

stat1K
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM

frantik, i too am inclined to agree with your statement to an extent. i definitely agree that it is only an equalizer if you strike with deadly force initially. north carolina (where i live now) is making it so that if you use deadly force in a break in to your house or car you are justified. where as now it's more like california being that you have to worry about a bunch of legalities after the fact.

removing yourself from the situation would no doubt be one of the safest possibilities, your life is definitely worth more than what you own. but given the circumstance that happened, barring all "what-ifs" the second amendment, the right for him to carry a weapon did in fact save his life. isn't that true? if he had went to the hallway with no weapon and said, "hey what are you doing in my house??!??!?" Then the criminal would have turned with his gun in hand, what would he do then?

final question is this... you have no instinct to protect your home and family? the time it would take to gather them it could be too late. i'd rather show up armed, strike with deadly force, and wait for the police. that's just my opinion, maybe i'm a savage, i don't know? but if you come into my house and eat my birthday cake with my family...

2drSE-i
02-25-2011, 02:30 PM
I'm glad you guys made it out alive, and I hope your recovery goes well. There's no reasoning with a drunk or high criminal when he's in your home, stealing your things, with a weapon with which to hurt you. Had it been my home, he would of had a face full of 00 buck from the Wingmaster, and the ME would have cleaned up his hamburgered corpse with floor dry. I would have shot the fuck dead.

It's unfortunate how the laws in Canada here neuter peoples ability to defend themselves. They want you to run away and call the cops, and the cops don't come. Just because it's north and cold here doesn't make my ghetto back alley any safer, fuck I have a homeless guy in my truck about every other week. I've just quit locking the doors.

Thats ridiculous...

Xaisk
02-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Yeah I think those laws are friggen retarded. If someone breaks into your house you should have every right to shoot and kill. They arent supposed to be in your house, and if someone enters your house without you giving them permission, then generally they are probally there to rob you or worse.

If I walked downstairs and seen an intruder my first instinct would be to shoot to kill. They could be armed like in his case. There could also be multiple intruders.

I think our laws are ludacris.

Edison Carasio
03-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I'm glad you're alive. Wish you speedy recovery.

I want to buy a gun, but I come from a family history of depression and suicide and fear that one day I could end up like my family and turn it on myself. Or accidently shoot my girlfreind coming in late one night. I sleep with a Smith and Wesson tactical boot knife next to my bed at night instead.

w261w261
03-02-2011, 11:49 AM
State laws or no state laws I can't imagine a jury convicting someone defending their house at night. even if you happen to have shot the burglar between the eyes , if you say you were in panic and were afraid for your family it will be okay .

Edison Carasio
03-02-2011, 01:55 PM
State laws or no state laws I can't imagine a jury convicting someone defending their house at night. even if you happen to have shot the burglar between the eyes , if you say you were in panic and were afraid for your family it will be okay .

You'd be surprised the kinds of verdicts juries return.

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2011, 04:44 PM
DAMN BRO .....................Sorry man.. Crazy ass people ......Thank god you made it. Alot dont in a fire battle that close.
God is on your side and im for sure you have a better respect for life now. GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.

The first thing in recovery is forgiveness.. Once u can get past the drama of it , then in the long run it will be best for you. God lives and if you look around you will see him ..

hammer3rd
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM

I agree. I teach home defense and the worst thing you can do is call out to an armed criminal. Let him be on his way and get the best discription you can to give to 911 as you are calling. Only when you have no choice do you engage the assailant. But as you say not to argue just a point.

3gmodifier
03-02-2011, 07:46 PM
thank you all again for your support. i had a great therapy session today. I am making even more progress and i see my doctor tomorrow. I hope i get my release for work so i can move on and start getting payed again. I will up date you all tomorrow.

Mellexx
03-10-2011, 05:39 PM
Holy fuck..All I can say is wow, people are completely fucked up little psychos no other way to put that at all. So glad you and your wife are okay, It's sad to see this kinda shit goes on and can happen to anyone who've done nothing wrong. Good to hear you're doing alright though, I'm just in pure awe by this damn

3gmodifier
04-30-2011, 12:56 AM
hey 3Geez. its been about 2 1/5 months or so since my last post. just wanted to say that i am back at work and moving on with life. work kinda sucks being that i missed 3 months during our plants startup, but i have adjusted and am already in the running for supervisor on my shift. still in therapy and oddly enough have about 85% mobility back in my hand. i just started riding my bike again about 6 weeks ago. which is awesome because the wheather is getting better and i use to haet walking into the garage, see my bike, and know that there's no way i can sqeeze the clutch lever.

i went back to the gun range for the first time since i was shot 2 weeks ago. it was a bit wierd at first but ended up having a blast. my wife even went and got to shoot her new pistol. i lil S&W 22. she had fun and actually fired my glock 9mm and got 8 rounds off with my mosberg 500 12ga. before her shoulder was hurting.

all in all, i am doing good. my hand is still getting better but there are still a few limitations that i am struggling to adjust to. i know it will get better and look forward to it. talk to you all later.

gp02a0083
04-30-2011, 04:45 AM
hey 85% mobility isn't all that bad, keep working at it and i think you can go more.

lol @ the misses shooting a 12g, that's a pretty heavy gun in general

good luck with the rest of the recovery!

MessyHonda
04-30-2011, 07:15 AM
yeah it just takes time to heal up...the human body is amazing. you will have full mobility with therapy and time

3gmodifier
05-02-2011, 11:41 PM
yeah it just takes time to heal up...the human body is amazing. you will have full mobility with therapy and time

yup thats the plan. i will eventually need to have one more surgery if i so choose to. it would be an exstensor flexer repair. basically i can make a fist with my ring finger 90% there but when i try to full open my it just kinda hangs there at the half way point. the scar tissue and bone graft kinda incased the tendon that allows me to exstend the finger. gonna wait till fall so i can ride the bike this season. it would be another 2-5 months before i could operate the clucth lever again so i should be ready for next years riding season.

3gmodifier
06-01-2011, 12:48 AM
Hey 3geez it has been a little while but i wanted to let you all know that i am doing very well with my recovery. I have been back at work 4 a few months now. It’s tough trying to make my skills shine with my hand still not perfect but i seem to over achieve in every department they move me to. I think i try harder now than before knowing that i have a handicap compared to my fellow workers. At this point i am just trying to work hard and save money to move on buy my first house for my wife and I. life is good and still to this day, it's good to be alive.

I have been to the gun range 4 times now since that night and have actually gotten so proficient with my shooting that i am actually bored with it. lol! At this point I am just shooting money with the cost of ammunition.

But hey, life goes on and i am ready for a new start, or should i say enjoying this undecided new start. Peace out guys. Talk to you later.

Oldblueaccord
06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the update glad you are doing well!

wp

ShyBoyCA6
06-05-2011, 01:37 PM
Right on dude never give up!oh and hope you can make the Beach meet on july 23rd buddy. sure hope you can make it out there. Glad to see you posting on 3geez :)

3gmodifier
06-06-2011, 12:13 AM
you know it. I cant wait for the meet. i finally got my new wheels. i will say that they are chrome plated but without saying too much, i will say that they are originally made by Konig and 5 sets were bought in total and stripped and chromed for an exclusive limited release to a third party who deals directly with Konig wheels INC. only 3 sets were ever released to the U.S.! I have done my homework and I currently am the only person in the U.S. to have them. Or at least post about it lol. I prefer polished aluminum but with the rarity, old school look, and the kinda buy it now or never get thance again opporatunity i couldnt let them go. i look forward to the meet. i hope the date doesnt change because i already got the day off approved and probly would get a change approved. see you all there.

3gmodifier
06-10-2011, 12:15 AM
just a little update from the my last post. the rims i finally got are NOT chrome. they are infact cnc polished aluminum and clear coated to preserve the crome like finish.

-$MOKIN-
06-11-2011, 09:52 PM
just a little update from the my last post. the rims i finally got are NOT chrome. they are infact cnc polished aluminum and clear coated to preserve the crome like finish.

Yea Right !!!! :rockon:

Lets see some pics there . G UNIT

Hauntd ca3
06-11-2011, 10:23 PM
yup thats the plan. i will eventually need to have one more surgery if i so choose to. it would be an exstensor flexer repair. basically i can make a fist with my ring finger 90% there but when i try to full open my it just kinda hangs there at the half way point. the scar tissue and bone graft kinda incased the tendon that allows me to exstend the finger. gonna wait till fall so i can ride the bike this season. it would be another 2-5 months before i could operate the clucth lever again so i should be ready for next years riding season.

i know you are still suffering from the home invasion , but whats ride the bike this season bit?
i rode to work on friday, and it was so cold, the mist froze on contact with my visor and i was slipping and sliding the 4 miles to work.
was only -4C tho, with a 10 degree frost so it wasnt to bad.
have ridden in colder weather

Dr_Snooz
06-12-2011, 07:46 AM
Good hear you're doing better. I'd love to see the rims. Will you be posting pics here or elsewhere?

Tdurr
06-12-2011, 03:43 PM
I've been wondering how u were doing man. Great to hear that. Your are getting everything back on track. I wish the best for you man and I hope ur hand get back to 100%

3gmodifier
06-13-2011, 12:44 AM
i will get pics up soon. dont have a cam and my phone is crappy. trying to take pics with my phone and send them to my email and then save, send, and transfer from photobucket to 3geez.

3gmodifier
06-13-2011, 01:03 AM
ok here ya go. like i said, my cam is shit. they look tits in person. and i am sure some one will take and post pics after our upcoming so cal meet.

this a sorta close up showing the wheels and Falken ziex tires
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/3gmodifier/retackcloseup.jpg

this shot is crappy aswell but is a full car shot.
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/3gmodifier/carshot.jpg

this one is a close up yet before i put them on yet still crappy hence i have not upgraded to a 4G blah blah blah
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j59/3gmodifier/vmfpolishedretacks.jpg

ShyBoyCA6
06-13-2011, 02:22 AM
Tits money sex!

jesus_charger
06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Sexy!!

-$MOKIN-
06-13-2011, 12:24 PM
i love em

MessyHonda
06-13-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah they look chrome...tight wheels

oldschool3g
06-13-2011, 10:58 PM
sick ass wheels bro:cheers:

3gmodifier
06-14-2011, 12:43 AM
yeah they look chrome...tight wheels

i know right! but they are not. i was trippin for about 3 days but they are in fact just incredibly polished. i love them!

3gmodifier
06-14-2011, 12:44 AM
sick ass wheels bro:cheers:

thanks. just gotta get a paint job now.

Tdurr
06-14-2011, 12:56 AM
I love the wheels bro!

fakeblod316
06-14-2011, 07:30 AM
I normally hate chrome wheels, but those are sick