PDA

View Full Version : LED Washer Sprayers...

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 01:52 PM
I know it sounds retarded but i was just curious how to run these dang washer sprayer leds. If it helps i have a 89 accord lxi 2 dr non hatch. thought about running them to my cd player but that failed last night. thanx alot ahead a time...

charliekuney
02-23-2011, 01:54 PM
:rice:

RAZR
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM

AGREED :rice:

but its just two wires positive and negative and u just hook it up to the headlight fuse with a fuse tap and presto they come on with the headlights

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 02:03 PM

thanks charlie lol... I just decided to buy these dang things cause my old sprayers broke of when my brother was busting the ice off my hood...

RAZR
02-23-2011, 02:04 PM
hope that helps

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 02:06 PM
hope that helps

what do you mean by a fuse tap??? i thought about just pulling the fuse and stuffing the wires in there like that but idk if thats SAFE to do....

RAZR
02-23-2011, 04:02 PM
what do you mean by a fuse tap??? i thought about just pulling the fuse and stuffing the wires in there like that but idk if thats SAFE to do....

i did that with one of my fuses and now it doesnt sit right and my interior light flicker on and off sometimes so i had to wedge something in between the fuses so it does flicker
so DO NOT STUFF WIRES INTO THE FUSE HOLDER
go to auto zone and ask a guy for fuse tap make sure its not the miniture fuse kind cause theres two types. theres mini fuse and lager fuses which is what we have and the fuse tap is like 5 or so bucks and its really nice.

http://www.autotoys.com/pics/thumbs/t_fusetapfusedlarge.jpg

all u do is put two fuses of the same value in the fuse holders and put ur wire for the washer nozels into the line coming ouch of the fuse tap

RAZR
02-23-2011, 04:03 PM
the hardest part is gunna be getting the nozzels of and running the wire through the fire wall

charliekuney
02-23-2011, 04:23 PM
Why didn't you just get new nozzles?

lostforawhile
02-23-2011, 04:34 PM
if you just want to replace the nozzles, get a set of those, mask off the sprayer, and paint them black, the lighted ones are the definition of rice :rolleyes: I've noticed it's hard to find aftermarket replacement sprayers

2ndGenGuy
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
I am such a ricer. I have them on my car! :D

lostforawhile
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
I am such a ricer. I have them on my car! :D
they are illegal here, nothing will get you pulled over faster, other then flipping off a cop

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 05:41 PM
they were only like 7 bucks and i could not find replacements so i said the hell with it and got the led ones but idk if ill use the leds or not. I also had to run new hose for the sprayers from the pump to the nozzles so i just went and bought 25 feet of fish tank bubble hose from walmart for 3 bucks lol... quick easy and cheap replacement hose lol...

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 05:43 PM
they are illegal here, nothing will get you pulled over faster, other then flipping off a cop

i live in ohio idk if there illegal or not but i see several cars with them on btw mine are blue and the ones that get pulled over all the time are the cars with the red on them lol...

lostforawhile
02-23-2011, 05:46 PM
i live in ohio idk if there illegal or not but i see several cars with them on btw mine are blue and the ones that get pulled over all the time are the cars with the red on them lol...

blue is one of the big ticket ones

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 05:48 PM
the hardest part is gunna be getting the nozzels of and running the wire through the fire wall

its not that hard cause i already have a plug pulled from the fire wall for my amp wire and fog lights. but thanks for the heads up on the fuse tap now all i gota do is ground the neg wires....

89accordlxigentyers
02-23-2011, 05:50 PM

well i aint got pulled over yet and all my interior lights are blue and my fog lights have a setting on them for blue led show lights and i run them all the time at night... i got pulled over the other night and the cop asked me where i got them i told him where and asked how hard they were to wire lol... i just laughed at him and he let me go... it was just too funny

RAZR
02-23-2011, 06:41 PM

in Ohio those are LEGAL they just cant be flashing strobing and the bulb cannot be visible
they may pull u over to see if ur a drug dealer but they are not illegal and cannot get a ticket for them

lostforawhile
02-23-2011, 07:23 PM
in Ohio those are LEGAL they just cant be flashing strobing and the bulb cannot be visible
they may pull u over to see if ur a drug dealer but they are not illegal and cannot get a ticket for them

you are lucky, anything here that lights up blue is instant ticket, it's like that in a lot of places anything in the color of police lights, i for some idiotic reason put them on my car years ago, had them on for one hour, and got a 200 dollar ticket, the cop also took his knife and cut the wires. you can have a stereo that shakes windows three blocks away, no muffler on a truck with a big block, or 20 illegals in the back of your junk mini pickup, but don't have blue washer squirters here!!

RAZR
02-23-2011, 07:58 PM
[QUOTE=lostforawhile;1054132]you are lucky, anything here that lights up blue is instant ticket, it's like that in a lot of places anything in the color of police lights, i for some idiotic reason put them on my car years ago, had them on for one hour, and got a 200 dollar ticket, the cop also took his knife and cut the wires. you can have a stereo that shakes windows three blocks away, no muffler on a truck with a big block, or 20 illegals in the back of your junk mini pickup, but don't have blue washer squirters here!![QUOTE=lostforawhile;1054132]

yeah i wish i was that lucky in IL the vehicle laws are so screwed up i hate it
but i do love not having emmisions
did the cop really cut the wires? what a douche