PDA

View Full Version : weird noise

RAZR
02-24-2011, 05:46 PM
ok so i was driving and then i lose power and my lights dim and the car wont idle at all and i have to keep on the gas to keep it running and then about 20 second later it will stop.

this is the noise it started to make except it was a whole lot louder in person than on the video.
and then at the end of the video u can hear it stop

http://www.youtube.com/user/accord1986lxi?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/RKpinU6BWWA

alternater maybe???

i just wanna say thanks for the help in advance

gp02a0083
02-24-2011, 05:53 PM
its very possible, take a multi meter to the battery see if its got about 12V. with the car on it should be around 14.1-14.4V.

RAZR
02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
its very possible, take a multi meter to the battery see if its got about 12V. with the car on it should be around 14.1-14.4V.

with the car off it sits right around 12.5

gp02a0083
02-24-2011, 06:02 PM
ok sounds good. whats is it with it on? doesn't sound that bad in the video idk is it bogging down too?

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:05 PM
ok sounds good. whats is it with it on? doesn't sound that bad in the video idk is it bogging down too?

14.4 with it running
and its a 1986 accord lx-i 4door 5-speed

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:07 PM

ohh and also it does like the loudest screch like a belt is slipping sometimes and yes i bogs when it screchs

gp02a0083
02-24-2011, 06:08 PM
wouldn't be the alt. its running fine. if it feels like its bogging down mashing the gas, possibly the cat converter is clogged / junk.

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:09 PM
when i first head the noise it sounded like i spun a bearing or something it was that bad

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
wouldn't be the alt. its running fine. if it feels like its bogging down mashing the gas, possibly the cat converter is clogged / junk.

but the noise is like spratic and when it does do the noise it runs bad and then it will run fine

i dont think its the cat i a hole in the flex pipe so if the cat it blocked then it would just go out there

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:12 PM
ohh and btw the car only has 63,000 original miles

lostforawhile
02-24-2011, 06:23 PM
water pump or power steering pump bearing going? if it was it would bog down the engine and rattle

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:43 PM
water pump or power steering pump bearing going? if it was it would bog down the engine and rattle

would those be intermittent?
it only happens some of the time i drove to school and nothing at all and then when im coming home it does it for about a min and then fine

RAZR
02-24-2011, 06:44 PM
but did u hear at the end of the video the screching stopped

1813mdw
02-24-2011, 06:48 PM
pull the powersteering belt off and see if it still happens; i've also seen ac compressors do this before seizing up all the way. GM 3100 and 3300's were notorious for this and they even sell a bypass pulley for them(GM; not 3gees).

Demon1024
02-25-2011, 12:43 AM
check your distributor and T-belt tensioner.

RAZR
02-25-2011, 07:24 AM
pull the powersteering belt off and see if it still happens; i've also seen ac compressors do this before seizing up all the way. GM 3100 and 3300's were notorious for this and they even sell a bypass pulley for them(GM; not 3gees).

would those be intermittent cause some times its totally fine and other times its terrible

Dr_Snooz
02-25-2011, 10:51 AM
ohh and also it does like the loudest screch like a belt is slipping sometimes and yes i bogs when it screchs

It's hard to hear the noise in the video. Is a belt slipping? How old are your belts?

Dr_Snooz
02-25-2011, 10:52 AM
If your alternator bearing is going out, it could put out voltage just fine, but still make horrible noises. You can pull off all the belts and rotate things by hand to see if there is roughness or play. If it is intermittent though it could be hard to tell.

RAZR
02-25-2011, 11:06 AM
It's hard to hear the noise in the video. Is a belt slipping? How old are your belts?

not sure how old they are but i kno there not factory the other owner had them replaced but not sure of how old they are

also if u listen at the end of the video like the last second u can hear the noise go away

RAZR
02-25-2011, 02:09 PM
I dont kno how to take off belts
is it a simple job?

1813mdw
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
would those be intermittent cause some times its totally fine and other times its terrible

it could, and did on my buddys cutlass at first, then it made the noise all the time and evetually seized up. i don't know if this is your prob or not; but something to check. as for the belts, the main serpintine belt tensioner is on your altenator, loosen the bolts and the alt will slide foward enough to slip the belt off. the powersteering belt is taken off by loosening one bolt on the pump and it too will slide enough to remove the belt. its a simple job to do and you've got all sorts of help from people on here if you run into trouble. good luck with this, man

anubis_4_99
02-25-2011, 05:29 PM
sounds alot like the alternator i had take a dump on me. like snooz said the bearings could be bad but alternator could still be putting out good voltage

mine died over the course of a week or so that i spent trying to diagnose it, finally let loose and seized up, was pretty easy to spot at that point lol

RAZR
02-25-2011, 05:37 PM
it could, and did on my buddys cutlass at first, then it made the noise all the time and evetually seized up. i don't know if this is your prob or not; but something to check. as for the belts, the main serpintine belt tensioner is on your altenator, loosen the bolts and the alt will slide foward enough to slip the belt off. the powersteering belt is taken off by loosening one bolt on the pump and it too will slide enough to remove the belt. its a simple job to do and you've got all sorts of help from people on here if you run into trouble. good luck with this, man

yeah i saw how to get the alt and ps belt off but how does the ac belt come off?
i didnt see any tensioner on it or a place to slide it foward like the ps

1813mdw
02-25-2011, 06:44 PM
yeah i saw how to get the alt and ps belt off but how does the ac belt come off?

i'm guessing it does but someone else will have to chime in w/ that one. the previous owner of my car removed all that crap before i bought it

Dr_Snooz
02-26-2011, 10:59 AM

Your AC clutch is probably okay. Just leave the belt.

RAZR
02-26-2011, 11:03 AM
Your AC clutch is probably okay. Just leave the belt.
but in order to get the alt belt off dont i need to remove the ps and ac belts to?

-$MOKIN-
02-26-2011, 11:07 AM
Alternator .........

RAZR
02-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Alternator .........

what????

-$MOKIN-
02-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Its the alternator. If its loosing power when your driving it and you got to gas on it to keep her running . Trust me its the alternator. take it to have it checked
I have a auto zone one she gos out every other year . I know the symptoms. A loose belt or bad bearing isnt going to make the lights dim or car die out..

1813mdw
02-26-2011, 04:09 PM
Its the alternator. If its loosing power when your driving it and you got to gas on it to keep her running . Trust me its the alternator. take it to have it checked
I have a auto zone one she gos out every other year . I know the symptoms. A loose belt or bad bearing isnt going to make the lights dim or car die out..

be sure to take it to more than one autozone if you do. half the people at those stores either don't know how to use the testing machine, or just wanna sell an altenator. i took a good altenator to four different stores one day and two of them told me it was bad. ended up just being a loose connection at the battery

lostforawhile
02-26-2011, 04:33 PM

the lights aren't dimming, the engine is bogging down past the point where the alternator charges, so the voltage drops and they probably appear to dim, a bad bearing will very much bog the engine if the belt is tight. sometimes it may be hanging up and sometimes not

RAZR
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
the lights aren't dimming, the engine is bogging down past the point where the alternator charges, so the voltage drops and they probably appear to dim, a bad bearing will very much bog the engine if the belt is tight. sometimes it may be hanging up and sometimes not

would the bearing only happen some of the time?

lostforawhile
02-26-2011, 04:58 PM
would the bearing only happen some of the time?yep, they do that sometimes, occasionally it will bind up.

-$MOKIN-
02-26-2011, 06:47 PM
Trust me bro.....do a teSt on it. I promise you.

RobDirt89
02-26-2011, 08:26 PM
Is the car auto or manual? possible clutch problems?. But if that noise is at the front of the engine it definitely sounds like a bearing. t-belt tensioner may cause bogging if its bad enough. does the noise change when you rev the engine? and did the noise happen suddenly or slowly get louder?

RAZR
02-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Is the car auto or manual? possible clutch problems?. But if that noise is at the front of the engine it definitely sounds like a bearing. t-belt tensioner may cause bogging if its bad enough. does the noise change when you rev the engine? and did the noise happen suddenly or slowly get louder?

its a stick i dont think its the clutch
it was just like a really loud belt screching and then when i got home i popped the hood and heard the grinding noise

anubis_4_99
02-26-2011, 08:36 PM
oo good call there rob, didnt even think about a clutch

push your clutch in and see if the noise goes away, if it does your throw out bearing is going out and your looking at a tranny removal

even if you dont think its the clutch, its a quick 5 second test to be sure, cant argue with that lol

RAZR
02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
oo good call there rob, didnt even think about a clutch

push your clutch in and see if the noise goes away, if it does your throw out bearing is going out and your looking at a tranny removal

even if you dont think its the clutch, its a quick 5 second test to be sure, cant argue with that lol

nope it not the clutch cause the noise happened even when it depressed
the car only has 63xxx original miles

anubis_4_99
02-26-2011, 08:53 PM
miles mean nothing

even a car with 5 miles can end up with a bad alternator or throw out bearing

if you havent yet, slip the alt belt off like earlier mentioned and rotate the pully back and forth by hand and check for any roughness or wiggle in the pully. that will indicate bad bearings, and the source of your noise.

since it happens even when the car is just idling that takes most of your drivetrain out of the equation, minus the throwout bearing, which you said didnt make a difference, so check anything that moves while the car is stationary, its a pretty short list

also check for stuff like loose heat shields, loose exhaust hangers/bolts etc

past that someone else will have to give more input

*edit*

didnt mean for that miles comment to come off a-holeish, sorry if it did

RAZR
02-26-2011, 08:56 PM
miles mean nothing

even a car with 5 miles can end up with a bad alternator or throw out bearing

if you havent yet, slip the alt belt off like earlier mentioned and rotate the pully back and forth by hand and check for any roughness or wiggle in the pully. that will indicate bad bearings, and the source of your noise.

since it happens even when the car is just idling that takes most of your drivetrain out of the equation, minus the throwout bearing, which you said didnt make a difference, so check anything that moves while the car is stationary, its a pretty short list

also check for stuff like loose heat shields, loose exhaust hangers/bolts etc

past that someone else will have to give more input

well the noise happens when moving and when stationary
i am going to try to remove the belt tomorrow i heard the noise on one of the accesories i mostly heard it near the alternator

anubis_4_99
02-26-2011, 09:05 PM
well the noise happens when moving and when stationary

yes but the stationary part means that the parts moving while in motion can be eliminated from your search :thumbup:

RAZR
02-26-2011, 09:07 PM
yes but the stationary part means that the parts moving while in motion can be eliminated from your search :thumbup:

yeah i am kinda hoping its the alternator other wise i am back to square one

RAZR
02-27-2011, 01:08 PM
pulled the belt and the alternator and the water pump both turn freely and theres no grinding or anything

RAZR
02-27-2011, 01:11 PM
but wouldnt the alternator light go on if it was the alternator?

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 01:17 PM
the alt can still be making the right amount of power even if the bearings are going out. the only time the alt light will come on is if the voltage drops below a certain point.

i would pull the alt and go have it tested. when they putt it on the machine they spin it as if it was hooked up in your car; so if it makes a godawful noise you found your problem. if you don't hear it have them run it a couple more times since it seems to only happen sometimes.

RAZR
02-27-2011, 01:36 PM
the alt can still be making the right amount of power even if the bearings are going out. the only time the alt light will come on is if the voltage drops below a certain point.

i would pull the alt and go have it tested. when they putt it on the machine they spin it as if it was hooked up in your car; so if it makes a godawful noise you found your problem. if you don't hear it have them run it a couple more times since it seems to only happen sometimes.

yeah but i cant seem to get the bottom bolt out
any ideas on how to get it out?

-$MOKIN-
02-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Push the alternator towards the fire wall with the belt off and then get a socket on it

RAZR
02-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Push the alternator towards the fire wall with the belt off and then get a socket on it

i have the nut off but the stud that goes thru it wont budge at all

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 03:16 PM
i had to wiggle the alt as i pryed it out. find something to get leverage on the part of the bolt you just pulled the nut of of and push it through. its been in there a qtr century so it'll be i little hard at 1st

RAZR
02-27-2011, 03:22 PM
i had to wiggle the alt as i pryed it out. find something to get leverage on the part of the bolt you just pulled the nut of of and push it through. its been in there a qtr century so it'll be i little hard at 1st

yeah i tryed a hammer and didnt budge at all :(

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 03:27 PM
yeah i tryed a hammer and didnt budge at all :(

keep at it, bud. its a strong ass bolt so dont worry about it breakin. you can also try sprayin it w/ pbblaster or pourin a little trans fluid on it to break it loose.

and be sure to wiggle it side to side too, not just front to back

-$MOKIN-
02-27-2011, 03:44 PM
....hit it hard . Lol

Are you kidding me ?

PUt the nutt back on it with a socket and a long extension and smack threw the wheel well

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 03:50 PM
i would do it w/ the nut on. it might fack up the threads on it:dunno:

-$MOKIN-
02-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Hhaha ....Actually i once just had the bolt there with no nut for the longest because of that..
Grabbed one from the jy one day.

RAZR
02-27-2011, 03:58 PM

yeah thats what im doing

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 04:31 PM
Hhaha ....Actually i once just had the bolt there with no nut for the longest because of that..
Grabbed one from the jy one day.

yeah mines on there pretty loose; been feelin kinda lazy lately lol.

Dr_Snooz
02-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Please don't beat on the bolt. You need to loosen the adjuster mechanism on top of the alternator before the tension will come off the lower bolt and the belt. You will use a 12mm box end wrench and a lot of patience.

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Please don't beat on the bolt. You need to loosen the adjuster mechanism on top of the alternator before the tension will come off the lower bolt and the belt. You will use a 12mm box end wrench and a lot of patience.

i think he has all the stuff up top loosened already.

RAZR
02-27-2011, 07:20 PM
i think he has all the stuff up top loosened already.
lol thank you for having faith in me

yes i did remove the tensioner

RAZR
02-27-2011, 08:16 PM
http://img192.imageshack.us/i/dsc0031ek.jpg/

sometimes it annoying having a nice camera cause it will only take a pic when its perfectly focused so i had to do it manually so this is as good as i could do

the bolt is right behind the shadow in the middle

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
just as i suspected bein up there in illinois; rust is a bitch. it'll come loose keep at it:rockon:

1813mdw
02-27-2011, 09:18 PM

i couldn't help but notice your sig when i read this; oh, the irony lol!

-$MOKIN-
02-27-2011, 09:43 PM

HAHAHA...

:squint:

Yeah that things pretty rusty ..wow maybe hit the bottom of the bracket. to jar it up a little .. good luck

Dr_Snooz
02-28-2011, 11:07 AM

LOL. Yeah, I'm pretty much not the guy who breaks anything if I can help it.

Razr, are you able to unbolt the bracket from the block? If you can remove it that way, you'll be able to get the whole mechanism out on your table where you can work on it properly. It will be a real hassle to try to get leverage on it under the car.

RAZR
02-28-2011, 11:16 AM
LOL. Yeah, I'm pretty much not the guy who breaks anything if I can help it.

Razr, are you able to unbolt the bracket from the block? If you can remove it that way, you'll be able to get the whole mechanism out on your table where you can work on it properly. It will be a real hassle to try to get leverage on it under the car.

can i remove the bottom bracket?
if so where are the bolts?

RAZR
02-28-2011, 11:17 AM
is there just one bolt on the bottom?

http://www.3geez.com/forum/showpost.php?p=100712&postcount=4

1813mdw
02-28-2011, 06:03 PM
yes, just one bolt on bottom. as for the bracket, it can be removed. not sure if the alt is in the way or not, or how many bolts either.

RAZR
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
yes, just one bolt on bottom. as for the bracket, it can be removed. not sure if the alt is in the way or not, or how many bolts either.

yeah well its two bolt and i can only reach one :(
as for that motherfucking pain in the ass bolt its fused to the alternator so im getting a propane tank tomorrow hopefully

-$MOKIN-
03-01-2011, 08:28 PM
What? ? a propane tank ? Did u get the alternator off?

RAZR
03-01-2011, 08:49 PM
What? ? a propane tank ? Did u get the alternator off?

yeah a propane tank and used that to try to heat it up to get the bolt out and nothing :( so im gunna have to take it in and have them try to take it off and fix it :(

1813mdw
03-01-2011, 09:49 PM
you could try starting at the other end of the bolt. with a flashlight you should be able see it. i would try to "wedge" a strong flathead with some light taps from a hammer. if you can get it to budge a little go back to the other end and smack it the rest of the way.

RAZR
03-02-2011, 06:03 AM
you could try starting at the other end of the bolt. with a flashlight you should be able see it. i would try to "wedge" a strong flathead with some light taps from a hammer. if you can get it to budge a little go back to the other end and smack it the rest of the way.

Already tried that and still won't move at all. I had the wheel off and was smacking on it and it didn't move at ALL.

Dr_Snooz
03-02-2011, 09:10 AM
You always have the nuclear option. Get an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Cut the bolt out. Then replace the alternator and bracket.

RAZR
03-02-2011, 09:16 AM
You always have the nuclear option. Get an angle grinder with a cut off wheel. Cut the bolt out. Then replace the alternator and bracket.

yeah but that is a lot of work cause the bolt it fused to alternator and i already dropped it off at my mechanic

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2011, 09:47 AM
damn razr sorry about all your luck man ...She will come back to life..Keep us updated..

Did you just put it back together and drive it there?

RAZR
03-02-2011, 09:53 AM
damn razr sorry about all your luck man ...She will come back to life..Keep us updated..

Did you just put it back together and drive it there?

yeah its ok my baby will be back soon :) i did put it back together and it drove fine there i just dont want to drive it have it fail on me and be stranded on the side of the road

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2011, 10:10 AM
yeah its ok my baby will be back soon :) i did put it back together and it drove fine there i just dont want to drive it have it fail on me and be stranded on the side of the road

Well bro i hope its the alternator after all ya know ...Damn man.. What did ya tell the guy at the shop ?

RAZR
03-02-2011, 10:12 AM
Well bro i hope its the alternator after all ya know ...Damn man.. What did ya tell the guy at the shop ?

yeah me too lol

i told him there was screeching noise occasionaly and losing power wont idle i think its the alternator

so he will prolly replace the alternator and i asked him to replace the accesory belts to while he is in there

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2011, 10:17 AM
cool...well thats good ...and it sucks the damn thing was rusted so freaking bad ya know ..But at least it will be done and she will live on.. Nothing worse than a tow bill and being stranded somewhere. So you did the right thing by finding out what the problem is before it got worse

RAZR
03-02-2011, 11:34 AM
cool...well thats good ...and it sucks the damn thing was rusted so freaking bad ya know ..But at least it will be done and she will live on.. Nothing worse than a tow bill and being stranded somewhere. So you did the right thing by finding out what the problem is before it got worse

yeah it does my baby will be back on the road soon ohh yeah i forgot to say that when i took it to the mechanic when i took it over 3500-4000 rpm i could hear a grinding so it is geeting worse but it did make it there lol

-$MOKIN-
03-02-2011, 02:44 PM
Any word back yet? Did u call him?

RAZR
03-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Any word back yet? Did u call him?

Nope I dropped it off today and he won't be Able to look at it untill tomorrow so I think he will call tomorrow afternoon prolly

-$MOKIN-
03-03-2011, 02:54 PM

Hahaha i would kilt it with a 5 pnd sledge from the side and replaced what ever i broke .. with this one...LOL
Look at it...

Hahaha that brackets toast . . lol

RAZR ...
You might wanna do a complete walk around thew your engine and check all of your grounds ...You have alot of condensation in there bro..Grab a wire brush and hit a couple little rust spots around with it. Spots that look like that and then afterward shoot it with some wd40.

What happened ?

RAZR
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Hahaha i would kilt it with a 5 pnd sledge from the side and replaced what ever i broke .. with this one...LOL
Look at it...

Hahaha that brackets toast . . lol

RAZR ...
You might wanna do a complete walk around thew your engine and check all of your grounds ...You have alot of condensation in there bro..Grab a wire brush and hit a couple little rust spots around with it. Spots that look like that and then afterward shoot it with some wd40.

What happened ?
what woud doing that accomplish?!?

ok i just got the car back the alternator is fine what it was is the ac compressor is what was grinding and the guy said that it gunna seize up soon so he just removed the belt off it and it fine but he also replace all the belts and both cv axle cause they were terrible. so ending bill $580 :( :( :( :( :(

-$MOKIN-
03-03-2011, 04:59 PM
To get the rust out...

I feel to blame on this one Razr.. I think he sorta got ya for just axles. But hey now you know its going to run ....And if ya gotta take it to someone to get er done ya gotta do what ya gotta do. bUT think of the good ...=Wheels .

RAZR
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
To get the rust out...

I feel to blame on this one Razr.. I think he sorta got ya for just axles. But hey now you know its going to run ....And if ya gotta take it to someone to get er done ya gotta do what ya gotta do. bUT think of the good ...=Wheels .
what do u feel to blame on ur self?

but he also replaced both axles fixxed my idle issue and replaced all the belts accesory belts so it not to bad but still expensive

actually he didnt really get me cause the bottom knuckle bolt is fused to the knuckle so he had to disasemble the axle but it in and reassemble the axles were 78 a piece. it prolly would have been cheaper if i had gotten the parts but the only thing that i have let is the brakes and then i will hopefully be maintence free for a awhile. and yeah WHEELS! :) :) :)

RAZR
03-03-2011, 06:30 PM
To get the rust out...

ohh yeah and thanks for all the help :)

RAZR
03-09-2011, 02:41 PM
but now the car will do a shake when its under load but it wont do it in first gear but all other gears it does but when i push the clutch in it stop should i be worried???

1813mdw
03-09-2011, 07:24 PM
but now the car will do a shake when its under load but it wont do it in first gear but all other gears it does but when i push the clutch in it stop should i be worried???

if it only started after he replaced the axles i would take it back to the mechanic. be sure to be really nice to him and ask him to take it for a test drive and look it over. explain to him that none of this happened before you had the work done. if you outright acuse him its likely he'll be an *sshole and it won't get you anywhere. if he tries selling you more crap find another mechanic, and get a second opinion. i'm glad you got the other stuff fixed by the way:cheers:

RAZR
03-09-2011, 08:13 PM
if it only started after he replaced the axles i would take it back to the mechanic. be sure to be really nice to him and ask him to take it for a test drive and look it over. explain to him that none of this happened before you had the work done. if you outright acuse him its likely he'll be an *sshole and it won't get you anywhere. if he tries selling you more crap find another mechanic, and get a second opinion. i'm glad you got the other stuff fixed by the way:cheers:

Yeah it did happen after he put the axles in
And he is a trust worthy mechanic

1813mdw
03-09-2011, 08:47 PM
well then it sounds like you shouldn't have much trouble gettin him to take care of it. i'm not sure what it could be, but the axles are directly connected to your tranny. i wouldn't be driving it until he looks at it; you don't want to tear something up due to a possible improper install. on an unrelated note, are you planning on stock replacement brakes or do you think you'll be upgrading?

RAZR
03-10-2011, 05:51 AM
well then it sounds like you shouldn't have much trouble gettin him to take care of it. i'm not sure what it could be, but the axles are directly connected to your tranny. i wouldn't be driving it until he looks at it; you don't want to tear something up due to a possible improper install. on an unrelated note, are you planning on stock replacement brakes or do you think you'll be upgrading?

I'm planning on vetting brembo blanks for my rotors and I haven't decided what pads I want. Any suggestions on pads??
Y do u ask what kind of brakes I want???
(I'm just curious)

1813mdw
03-10-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm planning on vetting brembo blanks for my rotors and I haven't decided what pads I want. Any suggestions on pads??
Y do u ask what kind of brakes I want???
(I'm just curious)

mine need to be replaced as well and i haven't decided which route to take, thats all. i will prob just buy some cheapo pads and shoes until i can afford the rear disc swap and 11'' rotors up front(still doing my research on what caliper). i'm not sure what kind of options if any we'd have for pads, w/ using stock calipers

www.ebcbrakes.com has performance "greenstuff" pads listed for our cars. didn't see any prices but might be something worth looking into for ya

RAZR
02-04-2012, 05:45 AM
EBC would be good but it depends on you whatever you like to do with your car... or ask some guide on whats the best pads to have, since your in Illinois ask some of the best mechanic in some Illinois auto repair (http://www.automd.com/shops/IL/) shops...

I actually wound up not getting brembo blanks because they do not get very good reviews. I got Napa rotors and the best pads they had. I would have gotten ebc pads. Put they were a special order and they would take 8 - 10 weeks for delivery so I decided just to go with Napa.