PDA

View Full Version : 1992 Accord Auto trans

coy91pgt
02-24-2011, 08:49 PM
Might be buying another accord tomorrow.
This one in a 92 auto.....and thats what's got me worried,
It shake's when it is in drive and sitting at a light, not real bad, but not the normal. And when it shifts, it shift's real fast and crisp to the point where is a little on the jerky side! Now I know from inspecting it. That it does have a bad Trans mount. So my question is do these symptom coincide with a bad mount or could it be a trans issue?

Car has 244,000 and was very well taking care of! Clean! Trans. fluid looks nice and pink and smelt fine no burnt odor to it what so very.

Thanks,
Coy

charliekuney
02-24-2011, 10:16 PM
Well, all automatic 1990-1993 Accords are known for shifting hard. You might want to ask on CB7Tuner.com.

Dr_Snooz
02-25-2011, 11:23 AM
If the car is indeed well cared for and not just cleverly detailed (there's a big difference), then I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would never own another 4g myself, but if that's what you want, then go for it. The vibration is probably just a mount. If the timing belt wasn't installed correctly, that will also cause a lot of vibration at idle. Very few shops know how to replace those belts properly, so be prepared for that.

It sounds like the trans fluid has been changed recently and there's no telling what the fluid before it looked like. If you are interested in the car, take it out on a clear, straight road. From a stop, mash the pedal to the floor and hold it. If the trans slips at any point, thank the seller for his time and walk away. Otherwise, you can probably squeeze a lot of miles out of it yet by playing with fluids and flushes and what-not.

Good luck.