PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Hose question

luisjo
02-28-2011, 12:46 PM
I need some help I have a 1988 Honda accord lxi a20a3 and i rebuilt the entire engine but i haven't been able to use it even though i already turned it on. The water pump tube that's behind the block on my car is different than the ones that come in the manuals that posted here the water outlet tube that's behind the water pump on my car has 1 small tube near the water pump, another one where there is a small bracket that holds the tube to the block and 2 more small tubes at the end and this kind of water outlet tube dosent appear in the manuals with the water hose diagrams. What I need is somebody that has the same kind of car engine and/or model that me that can take pictures of theirs and post it for me here so I can take a look and finish my car

thanks in advance

Dr_Snooz
02-28-2011, 08:13 PM
How about a pic of your water tube? It sounds like the right one to me.

car6289
03-02-2011, 07:22 AM
You have the correct water pipe for an A20A3 with four small hose connection ports and the big hole at the end for the lower rad hose. Service manual Cooling page 10-2

If your water pipe had only three small hose connection points and the big opening on the end for the lower rad hose you would have the pipe for an A20A1, the wrong pipe for your engine. Service manual Cooling page 10-3