PDA

View Full Version : bumpers

1813mdw
03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
the bumper on my sedan is in great shape other than the fact that someone tried to cut a hole in it for some reason. the hole is about 3 inches wide and a perfect circle but only cut all the way through about halfway around it.is there a way of patching this up w/out using bondo? i need something that won't crack later on

RAZR
03-02-2011, 04:09 PM
other than a new bumper ur gunna have to use bondo

88lxi-shortram
03-02-2011, 05:11 PM
theres a special plastic thats liike bondo but is made for bumpers. idk if itll cover a 3" hole and i cant remember the name but go to autozone and ask them. i remember seeing it there... sounds like someone tryed to route a muffler through there or something

1813mdw
03-02-2011, 05:32 PM
theres a special plastic thats liike bondo but is made for bumpers. idk if itll cover a 3" hole and i cant remember the name but go to autozone and ask them. i remember seeing it there... sounds like someone tryed to route a muffler through there or something

i'll have to check into that. they never finished cutting it so their is no real hole just a cut a circle that is cut halfway. i've been wondering wtf they did to it since i got the car. its partially through the trim so i sure hope they weren't trying to fit a muffler that high but who knows. its too precise to be an accident though

RobT5580
03-02-2011, 05:36 PM
SEM makes a product called "problem plastic repair". I used it to adhere my xenon kit to my bumpers but its also a flexible filler. Bondo will crack and is not the way to do it. Keep in mind its about $30 for the two part epoxy and it requires a special gun to apply it.

88lxi-shortram
03-02-2011, 05:43 PM
for 30 bucks you could go to a junkyard and get one and still have money for gas

1813mdw
03-03-2011, 06:24 PM
for 30 bucks you could go to a junkyard and get one and still have money for gas

i;m def not gonna be able to get a bumper cover for $30 around here. already checked and they all want around $100.

Dr_Snooz
03-03-2011, 06:29 PM
I've had really, outstandingly bad luck with body parts from junkyards. They are always much worse than what I already have. They are also so caked with dirt that you can't tell until you get them home and wash them off how bad they are. Then you wish you had saved yourself the time and money of pulling them off and buying them.

88lxi-shortram
03-03-2011, 06:57 PM
i;m def not gonna be able to get a bumper cover for $30 around here. already checked and they all want around $100.

woah... your definitly going to the wrong junkyards.

as far as having bad body parts from a jy goes thats why you are there is to get the best you can. and if youre on a budget like i am or most people for that matter its an easy cheap alternative

1813mdw
03-03-2011, 07:34 PM
i'm on a very tight budget so anytime something breaks thats my 1st stop. i've been to every jy w/in a 30 mile radius and thats the going rate. i make up for their steep prices with my sticky fingers though lol. but yeah thats why i'd rather repair it myself